I think the trackpad is an amazing feature and it should be must in any device (ios, android).

Anyway, I am seeing I don't know how to use properly or BlackBerry has not developed to take advantage of it.

For example:

-When you have selected a string, I don't know how to move the beginning or end of the selection from trackpad. (I suppose it could be done with a combination of key+trackpad for each side)

-in some android apps, i.e a paint app, I could be interested in using trackpad as a mouse instead of finger and touchscreen.

Posted via CB10
    ClassicChris likes this.
    04-22-16 06:54 AM
    yeah the trackpad isn't used in those ways afaik
    04-22-16 08:01 AM
    I think the trackpad is an amazing feature and it should be must in any device (ios, android).

Anyway, I am seeing I don't know how to use properly or BlackBerry has not developed to take advantage of it.

For example:

-When you have selected a string, I don't know how to move the beginning or end of the selection from trackpad. (I suppose it could be done with a combination of key+trackpad for each side)

-in some android apps, i.e a paint app, I could be interested in using trackpad as a mouse instead of finger and touchscreen.

Posted via CB10
    For selecting a string, you need to press on 'shift' and move along with trackpad. It is the up arrow key.
    Blackberry4Shizzle likes this.
    04-22-16 09:18 AM
    I'm guessing that BlackBerry has a patent on the trackpad, which is why no one else has tried to replicate it?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 01:36 PM
    I'm guessing that BlackBerry has a patent on the trackpad, which is why no one else has tried to replicate it?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so. Android phones actually had trackpads in the past if I remember correctly. But now the goal is to all look exactly the same... Giving consumers options is bad for the corporations, so they have gotten the consumers convinced that fitting in and having the same thing as everyone else is the cool way to be...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-23-16 12:23 PM
    Samsung had a galaxy b5510 with trackpad and keyboard and this feature worked very good in android maybe even better than BlackBerry trackpad.

Unfortunately samsung decided to copy iphone and remove any interesting feature...
    I really miss the times of nokia, having hundreds of different phones for different types of users

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 04:14 AM
    Samsung had a galaxy b5510 with trackpad and keyboard and this feature worked very good in android maybe even better than BlackBerry trackpad.

Unfortunately samsung decided to copy iphone and remove any interesting feature...
    I really miss the times of nokia, having hundreds of different phones for different types of users

Posted via CB10
    Yep, back then we actually had choices. Now we just choose what brand is stamped on the glass slab...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-24-16 07:06 AM