Hey all, I wanted a stand charger for my classic and bought some generic 3 coil stand off ebay- it came with a "tablet" speced power block and I have used it but I think it's over heating my phone- I get the phone is hot warning and it will only charge to 60-75%- so I am going to try it with a regular "phone" power block.

But also I either have to set it on the think upside down or tilted and off to the side for it to "line up" and charge- so I was wondering what everyone here uses and likes the best.

Thanks all

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 07:31 PM
    Tylt. I have 2 and I never looked back.

Best qi charger for claasic?-31lvybfad9l._sy300_.jpg

Posted via CB10
    dslocumb and Turnda643 like this.
    06-19-15 07:45 PM
    I just have the nokia one and have never had any problems. At the same time wireless charging does make the devices a bit warm. Also your phone should be controlling how much power it's receiving. But assuming it's a cheap made charger you have it might not have the right hardware and is just throwing everything it has at the phone. In all honesty I would purchase things like this from companies that are legit nokia powermat motorola ext. Also I would stop using it because if it's getting that hot that's not good for the battery

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 07:46 PM
    The one I have is exactly like that one posted just another name - titan I think.

Maybe mine is just odd. I will try it with the BlackBerry plug and see if it still gets hot.

I am just used to my pre,2 and 3 and the touchstone chargers where they would lock in magnetically.

And yes, I want to be careful with my battery as I can't just swap a new one in easy like my z or q

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 08:51 PM
    This has been asked before, lol. Anyway, I'm using an Itian Qi charger, it's a Tylt knock-off that costs 1/3 the price, works like a charm so far. The only bad reviews state the power block it comes with will fail, and it does look pretty cheepy. I bout a 1.8a playbook charger and use that with the charger. Works great, the phone is slightly warm when you go to take it off, never had an overheat warning and I charge overnight with it.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-19-15 09:20 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31LvyBFAD9L._SY300_.jpg 
Views:	2392 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	358542

Posted via CB10
    I have two Tylt Vu chargers as well. +1 for Tylt.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 09:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    I also have two of these. Blue and green. IMO, well worth the $60. You can get them at Verizon.com with free shipping right now.

Im about to get the car version as well.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    06-19-15 10:05 PM
    The Verizon brand Qi charger is pricey, but definitely good.

From a Classic
    06-19-15 10:59 PM
    I bought this one from Amazon and use a PlayBook charger with it. It works really well and charges relatively quick (I use it at night on my bedside table). Phone gets warm, but not hot.

Best qi charger for claasic?-img_20150620_071922.png

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    06-20-15 06:21 AM
    I've had problems with my Tylt Vu charger and overheating. I've had it for over a year and rarely use it as I'm afraid it will cause problems with my non removable Z30 battery. I contacted Tylt Vu company and they suggested placing the bottom of the phone in first and then allowing the rest of the phone to rest on the the charger. It doesn't get quite as hot when I use this method but I'm definitely wary about heating the battery and battery health /life.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    07-16-15 07:52 AM
    For those of you who wirelessly charge your Classics, do you keep your phone naked or have a thin case?

The case I have holds two credit cards and my DL. It may not work with my setup...

Any thoughts?

Posted via BB Classic
    07-16-15 09:15 AM
    I usually charge it naked, but it also works through my case when I leave it on. A wallet case might be a lil too thick, though.

From a Classic
    07-16-15 10:03 AM
    For those of you who wirelessly charge your Classics, do you keep your phone naked or have a thin case?

The case I have holds two credit cards and my DL. It may not work with my setup...

Any thoughts?

Posted via BB Classic
    I never take my case off. I just rest it on the charger and it does its thing. I have a Seidio Surface case.

Now for the Tylt wireless car charger? Ive noticed that when its hot outside the phone gets hot and stops charging. Im thinking it's cause I have it stuck the front windshield and the direct heat on hot days is causing the problem. Because early day or evening, night when it's cooler, no probs. Chargers perfectly.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    07-18-15 03:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    I love my Tylt as well. It's one reason I would pick a Classic or a second Z30 as my next BB10 device over a Q10.

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    07-18-15 11:48 PM
    I have an Itian qi charger, which is basically a copy of the Tylt but costs 1/3 the price. Works great, the only complaint is the power cord, but a $4 playbook charger works great for it.

07-19-15 12:08 PM
    There are some at IKEA! Around $30 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 02:25 PM
    I have an Itian qi charger, which is basically a copy of the Tylt but costs 1/3 the price. Works great, the only complaint is the power cord, but a $4 playbook charger works great for it.

Are you using a Surface Case or is your naked?

Bought the Itian and it won't charge through the Surface case. My playbook charger is not here so I haven't tried it with that charger.

Might have to go the Tylt route

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:23 AM
    I just purchased a Best Fire Wireless Qi 3 Coil Charger for my Z30 from Amazon for $42. It doesn't come with a power adapter (just a long and short 2.0 USB cords) but the power charger that comes with your BlackBerry works great.

This wireless charger is solid, and unlike the bulky Tylt Vu, it folds flat and is adjustable. It also works well with my silicone TPU case installed on my phone.

08-02-15 10:56 AM
    I just purchased a Best Fire Wireless Qi 3 Coil Charger for my Z30 from Amazon for $42. It doesn't come with a power adapter (just a long and short 2.0 USB cords) but the power charger that comes with your BlackBerry works great.

This wireless charger is solid, and unlike the bulky Tylt Vu, it folds flat and is adjustable. It also works well with my silicone TPU case installed on my phone.

Thank I will look at that option tonight.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 02:00 PM
    Are you using a Surface Case or is your naked?

Bought the Itian and it won't charge through the Surface case. My playbook charger is not here so I haven't tried it with that charger.

Might have to go the Tylt route

Posted via CB10
    Oh man, forgot to mention that when you asked. Mine is naked, never tried it with a case. Try it with the phone naked to make sure it's not something wrong with the phone or the charger though.

08-02-15 02:30 PM
    Oh man, forgot to mention that when you asked. Mine is naked, never tried it with a case. Try it with the phone naked to make sure it's not something wrong with the phone or the charger though.

No worries I took the case off and tried it. I think I might have gotten a bad one

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 06:49 PM
    Does the Clasic use PMA technology for the ATT SQC100-2?

Some charges do no charge "PMA"
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-02-15 at 08:10 PM.
    08-02-15 07:44 PM
    Ordered 1 TYLT VU 3 Coil Qi Wireless Charger for Galaxy S6/Nexus 6/Droid Turbo/Lumia 920 and other Qi Phones - Red

and 1 BestFire� Convenient C3E 3-Coils Qi Wireless Car Charger Dock Touch System Lock Universal Car Mount Holder for Windshield Dashboard Air Vent

I will see what works the best for me.
    08-02-15 08:02 PM
    Ordered 1 TYLT VU 3 Coil Qi Wireless Charger for Galaxy S6/Nexus 6/Droid Turbo/Lumia 920 and other Qi Phones - Red

and 1 BestFire� Convenient C3E 3-Coils Qi Wireless Car Charger Dock Touch System Lock Universal Car Mount Holder for Windshield Dashboard Air Vent

I will see what works the best for me.
    I didn't get the car version of the Best Fire Qi Wireless Charger. My recommendation/purchase was of the adjustable/foldable version. I look forward to your review of the car mount version which I imagine would be similar to the one I purchased.

Mr4aces likes this.
    08-02-15 08:30 PM
    I didn't get the car version of the Best Fire Qi Wireless Charger. My recommendation/purchase was of the adjustable/foldable version. I look forward to your review of the car mount version which I imagine would be similar to the one I purchased.

Bought one of each brand just to see what will work the best. To late to go cheap now!
    08-02-15 08:34 PM
38 12