I need to buy one, as my local stores don't have any and can't order them.

And I want a brand new one. Amazon has one for $299, which is $100 less than what one from Verizon would cost, if they could get me one.
    06-19-16 10:41 AM
    I need to buy one, as my local stores don't have any and can't order them.

And I want a brand new one. Amazon has one for $299, which is $100 less than what one from Verizon would cost, if they could get me one.
    be careful on amazon, a lot of the Classics they sell say it is not for Sprint or Verizon networks.
    06-19-16 10:44 AM
    be careful on amazon, a lot of the Classics they sell say it is not for Sprint or Verizon networks.
    Thanks!

The listing and picture both say Verizon. And the seller has 100% rating.
    dollface likes this.
    06-19-16 10:46 AM
    Thanks!

The listing and picture both say Verizon. And the seller has 100% rating.
    The key is that you get the SQC100-3 model. That is the Verizon one. If you're told it's a 100-5, then it's the one without the camera (exclusive to Big Red). Just checked eBay. I found a brand new 100-3 for $279. Description appears to be upfront and honest. It's kinda refreshing to see words like "brand new" and "never been used". This seller "Green" has a 99.9% rating. Good luck in your search!

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    06-19-16 10:55 AM
    The key is that you get the SQC100-3 model. That is the Verizon one. If you're told it's a 100-5, then it's the one without the camera (exclusive to Big Red). Just checked eBay. I found a brand new 100-3 for $279. Description appears to be upfront and honest. It's kinda refreshing to see words like "brand new" and "never been used". This seller "Green" has a 99.9% rating. Good luck in your search!

Thanks!

The amazon listing explicitly states that it has a camera and the photo also shows the camera at the bottom right of the screen.
    06-19-16 11:01 AM
    If it were me I would just go with that eBay listing, because I know it is a 100-3; and you can't get much better than a 99.9% eBay rating. The problem I've read on Amazon listings is that they are unclear which model number the buyer is getting (ie-American buyer ends up with European BlackBerry device). If you are able to contact the Amazon seller then great. He can also confirm for you that you see the "Verizon" script prominently featured (as Big Red often insists) below the space bar.

dollface likes this.
    06-19-16 11:07 AM
    Thanks!

The amazon listing explicitly states that it has a camera and the photo also shows the camera at the bottom right of the screen.
    Oh I just saw this now. If you go with Amazon at 20 bucks more, hope you get free shipping. Which way you go may depend upon how soon you need the device. Cheers!

Baritone Astoria likes this.
    06-19-16 11:09 AM

I just found that listing and it says "unlocked." A Verizon rep told me this morning that they cannot activate unlocked phones.
    06-19-16 11:11 AM
    Oh I just saw this now. If you go with Amazon at 20 bucks more, hope you get free shipping. Which way you go may depend upon how soon you need the device. Cheers!

Yeah, the 299 includes free expedited shipping (I'd have it Wednesday.) And Amazon has superb customer service. So I feel like it's no risk. Just wanted to know it was a good deal first.

By the way, would this phone come with a SIM card?
    06-19-16 11:12 AM
    I got my pristine previously owned Verizon Classic on ebay for $230. Seller had 100% feedback and it is even better than I expected. Good luck with wherever you buy
    Baritone Astoria and Avenzuno like this.
    06-19-16 11:12 AM
    I just found that listing and it says "unlocked." A Verizon rep told me this morning that they cannot activate unlocked phones.
    Odd why shouldn't they? I suggest you call another rep, or go over to a Big Red retail store to inquire. Here's my experience. I bought my VZW Z30 full price at the Verizon corporate-owned retail store two years ago, when Z30's became scarce, and made sure it was unlocked. A year or so later after I had my phone on at&t, I took my Z30 back to Verizon to put into a new plan as a BBOS. It's working great! If it's a Verizon branded phone then it ought to be factory unlocked. But I will defer to a Verizon carrier expert, which I am not.

06-19-16 11:37 AM
    OK, I decided to go with amazon on this, since I have had many good experiences dealing with them, both buying and resolving problems. It will be in my hands by Wednesday and I hope to get it activated by the end of the week.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-20-16 06:58 AM
    Generally, the 'unlocked' aspect mentioned in any Verizon handset listing is in regards to the LTE/GSM radio. Through an agreement between Verizon and regulators, all Verizon LTE devices have the LTE radio capable of using on any carrier without restrictions. The CDMA portion of the phone is locked to Verizon Verizon, but you can put a SIM from any carrier into one of their handsets and at least get a 3G signal.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-21-16 06:21 AM