I asked blackberry if they would match their Black Friday pricing and they said no. I guess they prefer keeping them in inventory as I doubt they are flying off the shelves.

Who has good deals? B & H has them at 327.
    01-02-16 09:10 PM
    I got mine from my carrier - outright, so it's not locked in (only locked if it's put on a plan). I'm in Australia though so it might be different here.

Posted with my Blackberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-02-16 09:18 PM
    Amazon

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 09:30 PM
    Amazon

Posted via CB10
    I'm looking to get one myself. Why Amazon instead of Blackberry directly?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 10:52 PM
    You didn't say you wanted a new device, so I say ebay. Because if you are in no rush you can get a good deal there! Just be careful who you choose to buy from.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 12:23 AM
    Sorry BlackBerry directly, but sometimes amazon is cheaper. Up to you.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 12:27 AM
    Clove UK. Bought a red Passport there and they shipped very fast! Good service too.

 Blackberryist 
    01-03-16 04:54 AM
    If you don't mind used, amazon has them for $192.00.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 07:34 PM
    Not crazy about used. Seems ridiculous that bb won't accept to lower their price, especially since many retailers have it for lower.
    01-05-16 05:06 PM
    I understand being hesitant on purchasing used. I would only mention Amazon because of their return policy, is what is comforting. Especially if you're purchasing from Amazon or Amazon Warehouse deals(used supply chain).

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 06:31 PM
    I bought mine directly from shop BlackBerry, though I'm pretty sure it was during the cyber Monday thing so I got a pretty good deal on it.

Glad I waited to get a good price, plus a phone that I absolutely love.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 08:49 PM
    I got mine from Amazon because of much faster delivery and easier return policy, by far. I had bought a Z30 from BlackBerry previously and I will avoid dealing with them directly again. Delivery took forever and my credit card was used by them way before the delivery. As time passed and still no phone, I tried to get an estimated delivery time and shipping status but it was impossible. I felt totally cut off. The phones finally arrived and they were OK. How the mighty have fallen. Go with Amazon.

Xeak, posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Classic.
    01-05-16 09:20 PM
    I have purchased 4 unlocked devices from BlackBerry and had zero problems or issues. (2 Z30's, a Passport and Classic)
    01-06-16 01:28 AM
    I have one for sale.

BBM @ 2C018E13
    01-06-16 07:41 PM
    I thought I would post my questions here instead of starting a new, and possibly a redundant, thread.
    I'm seriously considering buying a Classic to supplement my Passport. The one handed functionality is one of the main reasons. I've played with one at the AT&T store and I really like it a lot. I'm going for the Blue version as A: I'm partial to Blue, B: Every phone I've had has been Black and I want something a bit different, and finally I got the impression from other posters the keyboard on the Blue version seems better than on the Black.

Amazon offers the Blue, but it's sold by Gotham's Cells and fulfilled by Amazon. Has anyone had any experience with Gotham's Cells? Is it a reputable company? If there are issues with the phone does Amazon honor the warranty or will I have to deal with Gotham's Cells? I had a Bluetooth issue with my first Passport bought through Amazon and Amazon was amazing in providing a new Passport the next day after I reported the problem.
    Any info will be appreciated.
    01-09-16 05:18 AM
    After first considering a new Q10 as a Z30 replacement to start the New Year with a bang, I gravitated toward going all out and getting a Classic. I'm not getting any younger so I thought I should enjoy my PKB experience. My sis has a PP, but one-handed use was my priority. My head told me an unlocked 100-3 was the way to go, since it has Qi wireless charging and the flexibility of using it on at&t, like my beloved VZW Z30. I found a new 100-3 on eBay for about $280. Then I found the 100-4 on ShopBB during its holiday sale for $379 for the bundle (leather sleeve and sync pod tossed in), the very same price as the non-sale price for the device alone. I went with my heart, and after two-day shipping, I'm pleased to report I'm typing this post on my gorgeous new Cobalt Blue Classic. Go blue!

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    01-09-16 06:28 AM
    I got mine from my carrier - outright, so it's not locked in (only locked if it's put on a plan). I'm in Australia though so it might be different here.

Posted with my Blackberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    I bought a BlackBerry once from a carrier outright and they told me it was unlocked. Then I sold it after a few months and the buyer said it was locked, wtf

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 08:27 AM
    I bought a BlackBerry once from a carrier outright and they told me it was unlocked. Then I sold it after a few months and the buyer said it was locked, wtf

Posted via CB10
    Carriers don't sell unlocked devices. If it's paid for outright however, they can't deny you the unlock codes. If they do keep denying you inform them that you'll file a complaint with the FCC(usually they'll realize you're not playing games). If they deny you after that, file a complaint with the FCC and inform them of your carrier illegal practices.

Staying Classy with a Classic via CB10
    01-09-16 09:19 AM
    I'm looking to get one myself. Why Amazon instead of Blackberry directly?

Posted via CB10
    Because Amazon has amazing customer service while with Shop BB if you run into trouble it'll be hell to get it fixed...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-09-16 12:53 PM
    Carriers don't sell unlocked devices. If it's paid for outright however, they can't deny you the unlock codes. If they do keep denying you inform them that you'll file a complaint with the FCC(usually they'll realize you're not playing games). If they deny you after that, file a complaint with the FCC and inform them of your carrier illegal practices.

Some carriers do sell unlocked phones. In the USA, Verizon does if you buy the phone outright... I'm on AT&T so I have to do what you mentioned.

01-09-16 12:54 PM
    I thought I would post my questions here instead of starting a new, and possibly a redundant, thread.
    I'm seriously considering buying a Classic to supplement my Passport. The one handed functionality is one of the main reasons. I've played with one at the AT&T store and I really like it a lot. I'm going for the Blue version as A: I'm partial to Blue, B: Every phone I've had has been Black and I want something a bit different, and finally I got the impression from other posters the keyboard on the Blue version seems better than on the Black.

Amazon offers the Blue, but it's sold by Gotham's Cells and fulfilled by Amazon. Has anyone had any experience with Gotham's Cells? Is it a reputable company? If there are issues with the phone does Amazon honor the warranty or will I have to deal with Gotham's Cells? I had a Bluetooth issue with my first Passport bought through Amazon and Amazon was amazing in providing a new Passport the next day after I reported the problem.
    Any info will be appreciated.
    You have to first try to go through the seller. If the seller doesn't help you, then you file for a return through amazon and they will usually refund your money no questions asked.

Smokeaire likes this.
    01-09-16 12:56 PM
    Yes, I can attest to that from my Z30 purchase at a Verizon corporate retail store a few years ago. After I bought the Z30 at full retail price, while at the same time trading in my iPhone 4s, the guy behind the counter was able to unlock the device without hesitation before I walked out the door. My nearby Verizon corporate store has ZERO BlackBerry devices in stock. And across the street, the rival at&t corporate store still displays a Classic, but ousted the display Passport in favor of a Priv.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    01-09-16 07:27 PM
    Some carriers do sell unlocked phones. In the USA, Verizon does if you buy the phone outright... I'm on AT&T so I have to do what you mentioned.

The reasoning behind Verizons phones being unlocked is because during the negotiating process with the FCC while they wanted to implement their LTE expansion, that was part of the agreements.

Avenzuno likes this.
    01-09-16 07:44 PM
    You can demand the unlock code from carriers if the phone is bought outright? Dang, I wish I knew that!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 10:05 PM