02-16-15 08:51 PM
72 123
tools
    it's these type of situations where I would love to vote with my wallet.. but unfortunately I don't think they would care since we make a very small percentage of their market share
    02-02-15 05:48 PM
    So there is a ATT Classic OS out now??
    02-02-15 09:19 PM
    Was the clown of a "salesperson" working at a corporate store or franchise type store?

Posted via CB10
    The clown in this whole scenario is the one named Chen... who said almost 5 months ago that AT&T would offer Passport and Classic by end of 2014.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor and blckberry4life like this.
    02-02-15 10:02 PM
    So there is a ATT Classic OS out now??
    Yep (10.3.1.1298). There's also an ATT Passport OS out, too (10.3.1.1955).
    02-02-15 10:30 PM
    I have an 2x upgrade options with AT&T.

I decided to get 2x Classics for resale, rather than for myself. At least this way I hope to help Blackberry somewhat, well perhaps maybe better than getting an iPhone for resale.

But I won't wait too much longer.

So AT&T better get it's act together.
    02-02-15 10:43 PM
    How long has the ATT OS been out for??
    02-03-15 01:35 AM
    How long has the ATT OS been out for??
    Since Thursday.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:40 AM
    Thursday huh? Might be close.... or maybe a year to go? Thanks ATT, Why don't you keep us waiting longer or maybe just throw money in the street!? lol
    02-03-15 01:58 AM
    I was in an AT&T store yesterday and asked one of the associates if she could give me some inside info on the Classic/Passport launch date. She was adamant that AT&T didn't sell BlackBerry products anymore and wouldn't be carrying them in the future, but that I should take a look at the iPhone 6 since she noticed my iPhone 5. I pulled up the press release to challenge her and she said, "Well we won't have them in the stores, maybe online." The first line of the press release from Jan. 7 says "online and in retail stores" so I actually read that part outloud and she resorted to "Well maybe in big retail stores like NYC or something, but we won't have them here, we don't sell BlackBerry anymore and won't be in the future."

Really hope the release is any day now as pandabear pointed out, can't wait to walk back into the same store at the same time on a Sunday just so I can buy the phone from that ignorant associate...
    This is from the Official BlackBerry Blog:

AT&T

"AT&T, who joined us on stage at CES, will soon release the BlackBerry Classic (and the Passport) via all of its retail stores. Mobile professionals will be able to buy the Classic for $0 down on an AT&T Next plan at $14.00 per month with AT&T Next 24, $17.50 per month with Next 18 or $21.00 per month with AT&T Next 12. You can also get the smartphone for $49.99 with a two-year agreement or at no annual commitment for $419.99."

IT SAYS ALL. LOL ALLLLLLLL.
    t.c.3 likes this.
    02-03-15 05:07 AM
    Yep (10.3.1.1298). There's also an ATT Passport OS out, too (10.3.1.1955).
    Any thought on the difference of the software?
    02-03-15 08:23 AM

AT&T

"AT&T, who joined us on stage at CES, will soon release the BlackBerry Classic (and the Passport) via all of its retail stores. Mobile professionals will be able to buy the Classic for $0 down on an AT&T Next plan at $14.00 per month with AT&T Next 24, $17.50 per month with Next 18 or $21.00 per month with AT&T Next 12. You can also get the smartphone for $49.99 with a two-year agreement or at no annual commitment for $419.99."

Will this apply on the Passport? I'm gettin one

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 03:53 PM
    It seems like it was ment to apply to both but this was just concerning the classic on the BB Blog. But as far as I could tell they have committed to both bringing in store when you look at the other press releases.
    02-03-15 05:10 PM
    Passport is going to be price differently as outline below:

"..The BlackBerry Passport will be available in the near future for $0 down on an AT&T Next plan at $21.67 per month with AT&T Next 24,3 $27.09 with AT&T Next 183 or $32.50 per month with AT&T Next 12.3 You can also get the smartphone for $199.99 with a two-year agreement4 or at no annual commitment for $649.99."

AT&T To Be BlackBerry Passport Exclusive Carrier | AT&T

It is going to be interesting to see who going to release the Classic and in what colors between AT&T or Verizon. I got a feeling that AT&T will end up with the black and the blue classics and Verizon will end up with black and white classics.
    02-03-15 05:17 PM
    $199 w/2yrs seems to be the best deal. I paid $299 w/2yrs for the 99

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 11:52 PM

AT&T

On the At and fee next the 12 months at 21 for 252 is nice but being stuck on a high contract for 24 months with etf is where they get cha.

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    02-04-15 01:08 AM
    Been with ATT 8 years they have always worked with me when the rates go down by other carriers. I pay about 40-50 less with an extra phone vs 2 years ago.

We live in the country with hills all around. If I go 2 blocks I have no signal for 8-10 miles maybe 2 bars. I have to drive 14 miles to get 4 bars. So I'm stuck with ATT anyway.

I just wish I didn't add the Z10 last summer they added $25/mo to my rate. I didn't know that happen until it was to late. So I'm paying $600 for a Z10.

All this being said $199 sounds pretty good.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 02-10-15 at 06:56 AM.
    02-04-15 11:24 AM
    With the advertisement for the ATT models popping up on BB World hopefully the time is close guys/gals!
    02-07-15 09:48 PM
    Ok it's over a month now. Here's the ball *ball. Here it is dropped *drop.
    dispatcher0531 likes this.
    02-10-15 05:22 PM
    Ok it's over a month now. Here's the ball *ball. Here it is dropped *drop.
    Both the carriers (AT&T and Verizon) and BlackBerry itself dropped the ball big time here. Apple and Samsung create buzz around new products and get them in front of people in retail stores very shortly afterwards. Doesn't that at least partially contribute to their success? Granted, they're focused on consumers consuming a product in a consumer market (right, Chen?), but what about the people who happen to be both consumers and business users? I count myself as one of those people, and I'm trying to go back to BB, especially now that the keyboard phone has been modernized to include app compatibility, exceptional security, toolbelt familiarity and productivity in a good looking phone. I was either going to get the Classic from Amazon or the passport from AT&T (on contract), but before I shelled out hundreds of dollars for a phone, I want to get a feel for both of them side by side and IN PERSON! Additionally, Kevin O'Leary - a prominent figure in the financial world, one of BB's traditionally largest user markets - gave a very positive review on the morning of the release, Dec 17th, and as someone in the same industry, this was a huge confidence boost.
    But here we are on Feb 11th, nearly TWO MONTHS after the classic release and FIVE MONTHS after the passport release, and I still can't go to a retailer and hold either of these devices before I buy them. I have to be honest here folks, I was holding out because I'm a BB loyalist and was excited to get back to the keyboard device, but this is really not a good sign for the two phones that are supposed to put BB back on the map. I'm going to use and rely on this new phone all day, every day, how do I put my trust in a company that can't even bring its phones to market in a timely manner?
    I'll continue to hold out a little longer but sooner or later I'm going to have to update my outdated iPhone as I had planned to at year end. And as much as I want to come back, I'm starting to put some serious thought into whether the transition to this company is the right move long-term....
    02-10-15 11:50 PM
    ^ this summoned it up so much that its a fine point. They gotta do this asap at this point. Because its turning stale and stale in this industry is what went wrong in the first place that these 2 devices were suppose to fix.
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    02-10-15 11:54 PM
    ^^

So very well put.

And so simple.

Chen just doesn't get it.

Very sad...

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    02-11-15 12:31 AM
    You forgot to mention, that even the actual release of these phones took forever with many broken deadlines.

And now that the phones are finally out, there are still many issues and bugs to be fixed.

So, I decided to relax and to keep my old phone until these phones matured. Perhaps by then I can even buy any of these for .99 cent on a two year contract.

That is my answer to Blackberry.

They won't see any money from me until I get what I want. They ignore me, I ignore them. Let's see who can hold out longer.
    t.c.3 likes this.
    02-11-15 09:42 AM
    Don't worry, phones will be available on "February 30." So, those on waiting for AT&T or Verizon, get ready to use your upgrade. ;0)

All joking aside, it is a sad situation for BlackBerry. I think they should just sell to Samsung now that they are still worth something. That is a better chance for survival since we have seen it cannot do it on its own. Oh, well.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:02 AM
    As per my corporate rep last October:
    Expect the new Classic and Passport to become available on AT&T around March 22, 2015 - coinciding with the 2 year anniversary of the Z10 Q10 launch.
    In store? She would not say but definitely available to enterprise accounts.
    Again that's just from a rep but she hasn't been wrong yet.
    02-11-15 10:12 AM
    Isn't this a non-issue for the rest of the world except here in US? These phones are available unlocked via Amazon and Blackberry. I understand people want to get them on contract to pay less, but your being tied to the carrier and they ultimately seem to be the ones controlling the release!! Seems to me this falls on the carrier more then Blackberry!!!! Stores and associates continue to think Blackberry's aren't available or dead. The US carriers are horrible, evil, and greedy. They will continue to do what they feel is good for their pockets and nothing more!!! Do yourself a favor and buy it unlocked!!!
    t.c.3 and Smokeaire like this.
    02-11-15 10:46 AM
72 123