02-06-16 09:47 PM
50 12
tools
    Hello everyone,

I am a new Classic user who is looking to possibly buy either a nice case or the BlackBerry leather pocket/leather holster.

What are the options and what kind of support can we expect to see from case makers for the new BlackBerry form factors?

I work in an office all day, rarely go out during working hours and would like a nice leather case or at least something classy / professional looking with decent protection.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:58 AM
    I have this one ( Incipio DualPro SHINE Case ) on my classic, I liked it so much I purchased a 2nd one. It is a little pricey, but has what I was looking for in a case. Loving my Classic!!
    04-01-15 09:11 AM
    Is the case sticky like the silicone/rubber cases? I looked it up on amazon and it looks nice...might be a bit bulky for me

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 09:35 AM
    Stilgut wallet style. Have 4 others but this is the best.
    04-01-15 11:45 AM
    I just ordered this one for my wife .. LK BlackBerry Classic Case - S Shape Slim TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Case Cover for BlackBerry Classic . Should come next week.

Edit... Sorry you wanted Professional looking.
    sethoncrackbb likes this.
    04-01-15 11:51 AM
    I am very pleased with my Tudia Ultra slim

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 12:18 PM
    Tudia Ultra Slim
    Best classic case?-imagejpeg_0.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 12:38 PM
    Leather case is the best. The plastic covers make it look cheap.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 01:08 PM
    I think the leather cases are rather tacky...the phone is for function and the TPU cases protect with minimal flaps and bulk.

Just how I, a younger BlackBerry fan, sees it.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 01:40 PM
    I can appreciate your opinions.
    Let me just put it this way, I sit across the table from my multi million dollar clients daily. I feel that something classy and conservative is what I'm shooting for. Dropping a plastic clad phone on my desk in front of clients with more money in their pocket than my car is worth, just isn't going to cut it. Some of my clients won't care, but most will, and I won't chance losing a deal because they don't think that you are in the league with them.

In all other circumstances I can care less what people think, but when it makes your living, every detail counts.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 04:54 PM
    If that were the case maybe you should try a Vertu instead? I work with plenty of C Suite execs and have not noticed any leather cases floating around...to be honest most of the execs I work with use an iPhone with either no case at all or a Speck/bumper. There's one gentleman who faithfully uses his holster...and thank goodness for him, cell phone accessories aren't determining his bottom line lol

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 05:50 PM
    I use Piel Frama leather cases on my BlackBerry phones and for my Classic I use a Tetded leather case (as Piel Frama hasn't released a case yet) since I believe a leather case looks more professional in the office. And like you I like putting my BlackBerry down with a classy looking leather case on it with our high profile customers and clients.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by donemt; 04-01-15 at 07:08 PM.
    04-01-15 05:51 PM
    Oem leather belt-clip case...a bit dorky but always by your side, leave the phone naked.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:03 PM
    Lol very well agreed. I do see where you're coming from and understand your reasoning. I too, find a lot of CEO and CFOs using iphone without cases, but I've also come across a lot of people who do use very high end slip pocket style covers for their phones. Let's be honest, my concern is primarily protection as it lives in my briefcase when commuting and secondly the aesthetics.
    Now to be perfectly honest, the previous post sounded better in my head and probably should have stayed there.

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    04-01-15 06:05 PM
    I'm so perplexed who these people are that are driving the leather cell phone case obsession! I have worked in two fortune 500 hqs in my career..this is not a trend I'm familiar with. Further, who is focusing this much on cell phone cases as a business deciding component? I mean, this is quite silly as far as I'm concerned and probably wouldn't have thought twice about what kind of case someone is using. Now I can agree that anything with a graphic or kick stand probably doesn't send the most professional vibe. But a plain conservative case, leather OR plastic, really seems like a matter of personal preference.

Posted via CB10
    joseanmx likes this.
    04-01-15 06:16 PM
    P.S. I'm open to conversion, if anyone wants to post a pic of the leather case they use, I'd be curious to see it. I'm more interested in your candid pic and not the amazon or manufacturer pics that make a cheap case look shiny.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:22 PM
    We got it Niko, thanks...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-01-15 06:58 PM
    I just keep my phone naked, it's too peeerdy to put into a case, lol. Actually I like to use a holster because I've noticed I miss notifications a lot if it's just in my pocket while I always feel it when it's in the holster. Also, it's much faster to access one-handed, never have to worry which way the phone is facing, etc. Leather cases look nice too, my mom has one that looks real nice, but cases are not for me. I don't like having flaps and stuff all around my phone. Too cumbersome.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-01-15 07:02 PM
    Got what?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:04 PM
    Where would you find either the Piel or Tetded case?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:17 PM
    The fact that I prefer leather cases for my phones is my personal choice just as some prefer plastic, metal or no cases. I happen to think that they look and feel better in leather that's all. And yes my clients also sport there phones in a variety of cases but I always seem to get more compliments on my leather Piel Frama than my Otterbox but to each his/her own.

Posted via CB10
    NikoB82 and jamesharmeling like this.
    04-01-15 07:19 PM
    Where would you find either the Piel or Tetded case?

Posted via CB10
    Try www.pielframa.com and www.tetded.com

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:22 PM
    Some of the TedTed cases look pretty sharp.

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    04-01-15 07:33 PM
    No case for me. Naked while being used then slipped into a leather sleeve while in my pocket. Cases, in my opinion, are too bulky and take away from the feel of using the device. JMO.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    04-01-15 07:59 PM
    Well, I took the plunge. I ordered the blackberry leather pocket and the holster both.

I looked at Piel Frama but they didn't have anything for the classic.

Also looked at tetded, but nothing really caught my eye....so we'll see how these work out.

I'll probably do a quick review on them when I get it.

Posted via CB10
    donemt and NikoB82 like this.
    04-02-15 03:31 PM
50 12