The best BlackBerry ever will still have Whatsapp.

The Priv.
    02-29-16 02:40 PM
    ubizmo -- but WhatsApp is indeed in the Amazon App Store: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...UvbUpU12291032

A few of the posts above even suggested side-loading, etc. But it's right there for all BB10 users via Amazon.
    02-29-16 02:51 PM
    Good post, but one quibble. WhatsApp is in fact available on the Amazon App Store. http://www.amazon.com/WhatsApp-Inc/d...UvbUpU12291052
    02-29-16 02:59 PM
    ubizmo -- but WhatsApp is indeed in the Amazon App Store: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...UvbUpU12291077

A few of the posts above even suggested side-loading, etc. But it's right there for all BB10 users via Amazon.
    Yup, there it is. For some reason it didn't come up for me when I searched.
    02-29-16 03:18 PM

Very much yes! Over the years I got to know lots of great people in the BlackBerry community, had lots of fun engaging in different forums all over the world, participating in BBM groups, got great deals on devices and lastly had the best phone I could wish for. An iPhone or Android may be nice, sure, but it lacks the soul and compassion of a BlackBerry.

Let's not kid ourselves here, a life with BlackBerry will always be better than one without!
    That's a valid point, thanks for sharing. But I meant along the lines as if you had a BB then it would make your life longer or give you some sort of super advantage over the unfortunates who never heard of BB lol. I meant it in jest. But still, great share.
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    02-29-16 04:06 PM
    I dunno why BB had to go and make the Hub so irresistible. That's what's making it hard for me to switch to the Android version of Whatsapp. It was so wonderful to see all the people who messaged me and see when to reply them later or immediately (depending on the person lol), and now they are grouped as one file in the hub .

Crying over spilled tomatoes, but you get my point.
    02-29-16 04:08 PM
    can't you use the Amazon app store version. I have it and it seems to work OK considering What'sApp is a POS app anyway.Don't you find it kind of suspicious that they would recommend buying an other phone except a Blackberry? I have about 100 contacts and only 3 show up as having what'sApp.
    02-29-16 04:40 PM
    The app has been downloaded over 1 Billion times. I thought it was annoying too, but fact is that it is insanely popular.
    02-29-16 05:43 PM
    I have never been to a country except for the USA where texting with text messages, the most basic and ancient form for texting still is the most dominant one. No Emoticons. No read or delivery receipts. No easy media sharing. No free voice calls over the internet. No free messages to contacts abroad. No profile pictures or status. No group messaging. No voice messaging. I guess all of those oh-so important business-only BlackBerry users here either do business only in their local county or have a very generous employer that likes to pay hundreds of $$$ for roaming txt msgs every months.
    I am from the USA, yes many of us still text msg mostly because a great deal of Americans never unplug from FB, Instagram and/snapchat so the worthless and irrelevant things like emojis and animations, statuses and profile pictures are always present anyways. (which you can manually add a profile pic or if you do use FB or various social networks, linking the contact for the network in your address book creates a contact picture using their profile anyways, so tada! Instant profile pic courtesy of your very own phone's contacts app!) I however, don't even use FB, Instagram or snapchat. Just not the type of nonsense that I feel the need to invest any time in my life using.

I get unlimited calls and texts (including group calls and texts which easily send pix, videos, documents, etc) along with data and WiFi calling included in my plan along with international texts and calls as well as mobile without borders where I can use my device as is without roaming when outside of the US. One lump payment that works out to be about $50 a phone per month. I'm not paying anything extra for using my calls and texts and neither are most other Americans. I'm sorry other nations aren't as generous in mobile plans, a perspective I often forget until I read posts like these.

By the way, read receipts via SMS are possible, although it's a bit creeperish to use this specific feature as a selling point on why to use an app. That's precisely why I no longer open msgs from ppl who I know harbor creeper tendencies, those who lie in wait and then freak out if you read their msg, but don't promptly reply. The passive aggressive nonsense that is far too prevalent these days.

Either those who deny a reason for existence of the most important messaging app in mobile have no friends whatsoever or their life must be incredibly boring and not worth sharing. Its okay if you prefer living in 2006 but please don't pretend its the right thing to do for a multimillion, international company. I personally don't know a single person in my contacts - not even my grandma of nearly 80 years - who chooses texting via SMS over WhatsApp.
    "either those who deny a reason of existence to thee most important messaging app in mobile history" lol really? It's not THAT serious... and then after spouting this enlightenment you then go on to call those of us who find the app redundant and unnecessary friendless and/or 'boring' simply because we prefer to convey our thoughts in plain text only as opposed to using emoticons or colorful, custom made inboxes via an app that essentially does what my cell phone does anyways sans all the shiny bells and whistles. It boils down to cosmetics and customization, AKA preference. To imply one must be lax in the social department or lead a boring life solely because they don't use Whatsapp is as narrow-minded and judgmental as one accusing those who feel they will die without Whatsapp on their device as being mindless, brainwashed, mainstream drones. Now that's not the truth at all, is it?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 02-29-16 at 07:52 PM.
    02-29-16 05:59 PM
    the more communication tools you take away from a device that is used to communicate the less useful it becomes.
    stuck_788 likes this.
    02-29-16 08:10 PM
    don't use WhatsApp so dont care am happy using classic as it a great phone .
    03-01-16 12:05 AM
    You shouldn't have bought a BlackBerry if WhatsApp is so important to you. A cheap Android phone will do.

Posted via CB10
    the most meaningless comment read so far.
    Whatsapp is a communication tool, is the basic app to communicate with people all over the world, is the most used, is not a social network.
    people use it for business A LOT,
    unless you live in 1999, this app is necessary as well as other...
    over 1 billion people use whatsapp
    Blackberry is a communication tool, whatsapp is a big part of it nowadays.
    hopefully will be possible to keep using it even without future updates or eventually install the Android version from playstore
    tnbt42 likes this.
    03-01-16 01:58 AM
    I am from the USA, yes many of us still text msg mostly because a great deal of Americans never unplug from FB, Instagram and/snapchat so the worthless and irrelevant things like emojis and animations, statuses and profile pictures are always present anyways.
    The notion that such things are "worthless and irrelevant" or that social networks are "nonsense" is exactly what's wrong and why BlackBerry has been unsuccessful as of late. Humanity has done without mobile phones, heck even without phones for centuries. Guess we should all stick to writing letters and pigeons for delivery. Not this useless nonsense we call "phones". Clearly this is not the case and these things matter to the buying public, voting with their wallets. Most BlackBerry users I know either have an iPhone or Android as 2nd phone because their BlackBerry is nice for E-Mails, calling and messaging (well that's changing as we speak) but simply unable to cope with modern life. Remember when Balsillie and Lazaridis said a BlackBerry will never have WiFi or a camera?

I like to see who I'm texting with, so the profile pic in WhatsApp is just perfect. Updated automatically and always in sight. If I had to jump to Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat for pictures I might as well just save them on my phone and keep the Pictures app open. Additionally, the profile pic in text messages is a nice tweak for BB10 but not a text messaging standard in general, for all phones.

One lump payment that works out to be about $50 a phone per month. I'm not paying anything extra for using my calls and texts and neither are most other Americans. I'm sorry other nations aren't as generous in mobile plans, a perspective I often forget until I read posts like these.
    I'm always jealous at how cheap everything is in the US, from cars, gas, food, taxes to phone bills. A comparable plan could easily run you $150-250 a month in Europe.

By the way, read receipts via SMS are possible, although it's a bit creeperish to use this specific feature as a selling point on why to use an app. That's precisely why I no longer open msgs from ppl who I know harbor creeper tendencies, those who lie in wait and then freak out if you read their msg, but don't promptly reply. The passive aggressive nonsense that is far too prevalent these days.
    That's a problem triggered by who you are associating with though. I happen to be around people who aren't borderline stalkers and generally agree that read receipts make life easier for both parties. Has your contact read the message yet? If yes, great he's probably thinking about it already. If no, might be in the car so I better give him or her a call as that will be more comfortable to deal with.

To imply one must be lax in the social department or lead a boring life solely because they don't use Whatsapp is as narrow-minded and judgmental as one accusing those who feel they will die without Whatsapp on their device as being mindless, brainwashed, mainstream drones. Now that's not the truth at all, is it?\
    The implication is the following: If one would have a large circle of friends and lots of colourful experiences to share with they would also see why WhatsApp, Instagram or Snapchat are AWESOME tools for everyday life and to keep in touch with those who matter to you.
    Most on here ranting that it wouldn't matter have never expressed a choice of using text messages over WhatsApp. Most don't even know what it is, how it works or that it has over a billion users worldwide.

If text messages are your own choice for communication over a tool that has proven to be more efficient, cost effective and offers more features for free, that is perfectly fine

All others though who essentially use their Passport in a way a Bold 9000 could perfectly cope with are those worrying me though. If these people are BlackBerry's modern customers, what does that signal to the headquarters? Or the rest of the world? That BlackBerry users are perfectly happy to live in the past? Certainly not. Most BlackBerry users would love a phone with the modern amenities of an iPhone or Android just as much as anyone else, but if the general consensus on here is "What is WhatsApp" then it is no wonder that we're looking at barely 1% market share right now

To conclude, here is some irrelevant and worthless yet BlackBerry related social network nonsense. Beautiful, isn't it?

03-01-16 04:39 AM
    Well said Maxx. The points written by you are completely relevant .
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    03-01-16 06:49 AM
    Kind of sad you cant get data for a smartphone.

Never mind.
    Um, not sure if there's some kind of language barrier, but I do get data, just not as much as mobile network which is almost 100% of the places I go while data is maybe 95%...

Not sure how that is so hard to understand, but whatever...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-01-16 08:37 AM
    You people act like 60 year old guys. Do some research and find out why Whatsapp is so popular and relevant for the generic people.
    I'm not 60, I'm just not generic...

joseanmx likes this.
    03-01-16 08:39 AM
    Um, not sure if there's some kind of language barrier, but I do get data, just not as much as mobile network which is almost 100% of the places I go while data is maybe 95%...

Not sure how that is so hard to understand, but whatever...

No language barrier at all. I get data almost 100% of the places I go.
    What's the issue?
    03-01-16 08:42 AM
    For those who are ragging on us that cannot function on BB10 without Whatsapp, just because it is not important to you doesn't mean it is not important to someone else, or that because an OS doesn't meet our specific need means we are traitors to a brand. For what? Will being loyal to a brand mean anything more significant in my life or add to it any significant value than if I had never had BB in my life? I perish such trivial thoughts.

But I digress. Whatsapp is a tool I use to communicate daily with all of my family and friends back home in Nigeria. Without it I am basically cut off from most if not all of them. I can easily send voice notes, pictures, videos, etc. Not all of them have BBM and it is much easier for them to use Whtsapp. In fact I would be surprised at the number of those who didn't have Whatsapp back at home. It is that prevalent.

So for those who say they haven't meet anyone who uses Whatsapp, okay. That is valid
    But don't make it seem like because you don't use it, it must be an app for "lesser" users from the attitude I have been reading in some posts on this thread.

/rant
    Whatsapp is great if you have family or friends in other countries. I've said that many times here. But I am just saying that for me, who doesn't have that situation, have no reason to rely on Whatsapp since SMS and MMS performs all of the communication functions I need...

03-01-16 08:42 AM
    No language barrier at all. I get data almost 100% of the places I go.
    What's the issue?
    I guess you never leave the city. I almost never lose network coverage, but when I'm out in the Everglades (it's something called "nature" where I live) I can lose data coverage, well, not really, but it'll go down to 4g without the LTE or maybe lower, but the network coverage would still work if I need to make a call or send a SMS.

03-01-16 08:44 AM
    Lol ever so glad I pre-ordered the s7. No one I know uses BBM anymore, it's just text and whatsapp.

I was a forever BB10 supporter but I'm sorry I cannot live in denial anymore. I will be rooting my s7 and installing the hub because that and the gestures are the only thing missing IMO.
    An S7? As in Samsung? Did they go back to allowing you to have an SD card now? Or did you fall for the gimmick that you don't "really need it since we have the cloud"??

03-01-16 08:46 AM
    I guess you never leave the city. I almost never lose network coverage, but when I'm out in the Everglades (it's something called "nature" where I live) I can lose data coverage, well, not really, but it'll go down to 4g without the LTE or maybe lower, but the network coverage would still work if I need to make a call or send a SMS.

Sometimes I do. But if I don't have data I generally don't get coverage either.
    Guess I need to remember that different countries has different infrastructure
    03-01-16 08:46 AM
    An S7? As in Samsung? Did they go back to allowing you to have an SD card now? Or did you fall for the gimmick that you don't "really need it since we have the cloud"??

Jep, SD-card support is back due to massive negative critics. But you are not allowed to store apps on the sd-card although Android 6 does support this feature out of the box, Samsung decided to disable it to force users to buy the more expensive phones with more storage.
    EHHMM
    They disable it, because they want to preserve their users from slow sd-card memory, sure! Of course they are not forcing anyone to anything

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 08:59 AM
    Can we stop with this 'I only need sms....whatsapp is for babies and teens' nonsense.

If you only need sms FINE!!!

But trying to convince other people that they are better of without WA is plain ridiculous.

I have family abroad, we have a family WA group...we share pics, thoughts etc. I do the same with two friends groups. I know, I know...this is not REAL communication, only social media nonsense. As some fellow crackberrians seem to define what 'real' communication is.

For me, and millions and millions of other people that's HOW you communicate with friends/family these days.

If your phone is not able to do this any more, it is less of a communication tool.

If you have to force everyone to send a relevant pic/information (also, and only to you) via sms, it is BECAUSE your phone is less of a communication tool.

If you have to tell your relevant friends/family they should install BBM to text with you, it is BECAUSE your phone is less of a communication tool.

If you don't choose to only rely on sms, and/or BBM...but are forced to do it, it's BECAUSE your phone is less of a communication tool.

Period

PS:
    sorry for the rant....but guys! Guys!!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 12:19 PM
    Don't use watts app so ok for me!

Jaglenn's Passport
    03-01-16 01:24 PM
    Try as I might to get overseas friends to try out BBM (most of whom never owned Blackberries), WhatsApp remains the best way to keep in touch, especially for small group chats or when sharing pictures. I for one would be willing to pay the $1/year that they used to charge to keep it but I understand the economics. If there are only so many users of your product on a certain O/S and it costs $XX per year to maintain it then I can't fault them for the decision. Still hope they change their mind though.
    03-01-16 01:44 PM
266 ... 34567 ...