05-07-16 07:51 AM
266 123 ...
tools
    For me its done. Without whatsapp on my HUB there is no chances. But, from now, what Im planning to my Classic ? The odds are Ill keep it until the end but i guess im no longer confortable, at least not like yesterday, to make plans, by new apps, keep learning about the device, afterall we have less than one year ! ...what about you ?
    stuck_788 likes this.
    02-27-16 08:19 PM
    I truly don't care.

I've only met one person that uses whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 08:56 PM
    Does not affect me whatsoever. Will this be enough to get people to jump ship?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 09:09 PM
    You shouldn't have bought a BlackBerry if WhatsApp is so important to you. A cheap Android phone will do.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 09:10 PM
    You shouldn't have bought a BlackBerry if WhatsApp is so important to you. A cheap Android phone will do.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever happened to the argument that BlackBerry is above all a communication tool? WhatsApp is one of the most popular communication tools on the planet. Now we're supposed to believe that people who want to use WhatsApp shouldn't have bought a BlackBerry in the first place?
    02-27-16 09:23 PM
    Whatever happened to the argument that BlackBerry is above all a communication tool? Now we're supposed to believe that people who want to use WhatsApp shouldn't have bought a BlackBerry in the first place?
    Fair point.

WhatsApp is one of the most popular communication tools on the planet.
    Why?
    What does it do that makes it better than a text message?

Posted via CB10
    joseanmx and asublimeday like this.
    02-27-16 11:14 PM
    Whatever happened to the argument that BlackBerry is above all a communication tool? WhatsApp is one of the most popular communication tools on the planet. Now we're supposed to believe that people who want to use WhatsApp shouldn't have bought a BlackBerry in the first place?
    A communication tool like BlackBerry would focus mainly on its strength: emails, calls, sms, and other productivity tools. Social media apps like whatsapp is an option. So yes, if Social media apps is important to you, don't think of a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 11:27 PM
    For me its done. Without whatsapp on my HUB there is no chances. But, from now, what Im planning to my Classic ? The odds are Ill keep it until the end but i guess im no longer confortable, at least not like yesterday, to make plans, by new apps, keep learning about the device, afterall we have less than one year ! ...what about you ?
    I just looked at my Classic and no Whatsapp on it, and I have survived so far,but I did notice lots of other apps I have no use for as well.
    02-27-16 11:34 PM
    Without whatsapp. My blackberry will be always silent. Happy days!

Posted via CB10
    Jagis1 likes this.
    02-28-16 12:41 AM
    Can't whatsapp just be sideloaded thru the Google play store like many other apps?
    Yasch22 and punchedhalo3 like this.
    02-28-16 12:47 AM
    Does not affect me whatsoever. Will this be enough to get people to jump ship?

Posted via CB10
    With any hope, the people who carry on about it ending their world and destroying their BlackBerry experience will be the ones who jump ship - then we won't have to read about their woes and troubles (whining).

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    dfb8085 and joseanmx like this.
    02-28-16 01:01 AM
    Can't whatsapp just be sideloaded thru the Google play store like many other apps?
    Yes, yes it can - which is why it's ridiculous the way people are carrying on about it. These will probably be the same people however, that won't want to use the android version and want to use a native version. Well too bad.

Yasch22 likes this.
    02-28-16 01:03 AM
    Yes, yes it can - which is why it's ridiculous the way people are carrying on about it. These will probably be the same people however, that won't want to use the android version and want to use a native version. Well too bad.

In that case I see no issue here. I installed the google play store in about 5 minutes works great. I have only a few android apps installed but they all work great. No problem on my end running android whatsapp!
    nmduc073 likes this.
    02-28-16 01:32 AM
    I also uninstalled it its a place where ppl bother you for everything.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 02:46 AM
    feeling absolut great about ist, finally this money grabbing turbo companies realise that they make no money on my behalte and sod off, bothering the dump mainstream somewhere else.

Using and supporting BBM instead is much more rewarding anyway.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-28-16 03:16 AM
    Of course each country has its particularity. In Brazil whatsapp becames a default comunicator. Why? Maybe because is cheaper to send message, pictures and voice. And im not talking about social media, who work with clients, patients, whatsapp is a must have app

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 05:19 AM
    Why?

Posted via CB10
    Ever heard of groups?

Let's say (like many of us) you have a family or friends WA group, to discuss things, send pictures to all etc. you can not be part of that via sms. I know the self-called hard core people will now say 'who needs groups anyhow...and f@ social media stuff'.

In terms of communication...this is how the vast majority likes to ,and does, communicate theses days, and if a BlackBerry can't do that...well it is really not a good communicator anymore, period.

Posted via CB10
    Tim Smith2 and MaxxxBerry23 like this.
    02-28-16 05:24 AM
    I will run the BlackBerry untill whatsapp dies. It is to important for me. Unfortunalty i will go to another OS.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-28-16 05:25 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I LOVE this device but I rely very heavily on whatsapp. I wonder If the android app will perform reliably...

Posted via CB10
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    02-28-16 05:28 AM
    I'm gonna keep using the Classic and whatsapp until the bitter end. Hopefully they leave the servers on, even if they're not updating the app.

Posted via CB10
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    02-28-16 05:32 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I LOVE this device but I rely very heavily on whatsapp. I wonder If the android app will perform reliably...

Posted via CB10
    Experiment now if you're interested. I see GooglePlay allows me to pull up WhatsApp on my Classic instead of throwing up the 'not compatible for your device' message it would otherwise receive. Like I said, I don't use this kind of junk, so I'm not interested in installing this to find out whether or not it functions (I wouldn't even install this nonsense on my Priv), but you can certainly give it a whirl via GooglePlay/Snap/apk, maybe put your mind and that of others at ease... For today anyways...
    The best BlackBerry ever without WhatsApp: how do you feel?-img_20160228_063201.png

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 05:36 AM
    [QUOTE=undefinederror;12288221

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

It works from anywhere in the world with a WiFi connection, for one thing, including in buildings where mobile network reception is bad. In fact, I started using it because a family member works in hospitals where he usually can't get a cell signal but always has Wi-Fi.

It's not in Amazon app store. Downloading is not a solution for normal users. It might be okay for me, but I haven't yet tested the Android version for reliability and battery drain.

In any case, it doesn't matter why. The simple fact is that WhatsApp is one of the most popular communication apps in the world. That's reason enough for it to be missed on a device that prides itself as a communications tool above all else.
    02-28-16 06:17 AM
    It works from anywhere in the world with a WiFi connection, for one thing, including in buildings where mobile network reception is bad. In fact, I started using it because a family member works in hospitals where he usually can't get a cell signal but always has Wi-Fi.
    Something I forget is an issue for those whose carriers do not offer WFC... Being a T-Mobile user, WIFI is all I need to keep my phone fully operable in low network signal situations.

Messenger apps to me are a waste of time, but I understand to the majority of the mainstream it's another one of those 'OMG I will die if I don't have >insert app name here< on my device!' scenarios... Not that serious to me, but then again, I do tend to be in the minority when it comes to what passes for 'essentials' these days... Less is always more, but alas, I am a dying breed...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 02-28-16 at 07:11 AM.
    02-28-16 06:57 AM
    Without whatsapp the only blackberry I can use is the Priv. And I disagree with the notion that I should have a never bought a blackberry if whatsapp is so important. Blackberry should be the best phone to use out there and apps is a major part of that. Whatsapp has over a billion active users. Hopefully it appears on the amazon app store soon or maybe we can sideload a good functioning version

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 07:35 AM
    Considering I don't use whatsapp and have absolutely no plans on using it, I don't feel anything...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-28-16 09:40 AM
266 123 ...