I hope there will be some way to make whatsapp work for bb10 in future. I'm from Spain and here in Europe without whatsapp you're completely out of communications... I need my passport and classic work with whatsapp, there's no choice.
    Today I tested the android version in my classic and it looks to work great, it wasn't integrated on hub oc but u can see in hub the notification of the app with new messages, but...it only works for ten minutes...when I close the window after a while, it stop and doesn't received more messages...very sad...
    I need soon other way, if not it means I'll change to android and leave BlackBerry forever.
    G.

Posted via CB10
    There's a way to get even hub notifications to work with it. Scroll through the other pages of this thread, there are some who have discussed it.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-11-16 03:51 PM
    Can't whatsapp just be sideloaded thru the Google play store like many other apps?
    I think it can but the OP wants to see it in the hub. The android port won't be in the hub.

It really sucks that WhatsApp isn't going to support BlackBerry. How hard can it truly be?

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 Running T-Mobile Unlimited Data with WFC
    03-13-16 10:29 PM
    I think it can but the OP wants to see it in the hub. The android port won't be in the hub.

It really sucks that WhatsApp isn't going to support BlackBerry. How hard can it truly be?

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 Running T-Mobile Unlimited Data with WFC
    Using the cobalt method with the google play, I've read would show hub notifications.

03-15-16 11:42 AM
    Never met one person that uses whatsapp!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 12:43 PM
    Using the cobalt method with the google play, I've read would show hub notifications.

Then that's your answer OP. Use the cobalt method to use WhatsApp.

Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-15-16 12:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Must feel pretty lonesome.

Via Pasta CB10
    stuck_788 likes this.
    03-15-16 01:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    You know....that's not an achievement.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:01 PM
    Then that's your answer OP. Use the cobalt method to use WhatsApp.

Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    What is this?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 05:30 PM
    What is this?

Posted via CB10
    Apparently sideloading using the cobalt method might give you notifications in the hub. I honestly don't know how to use cobalts methods as I try to keep my blackberry relatively clean.

03-15-16 09:48 PM
    I think the reason WhatsApp won't be working on BlackBerry is because WhatsApp wants all permissions to your device with respect to app settings. On BlackBerry you select which permissions the app can have on your device but on Android, all their apps want access to everything on your device.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 02:58 PM
    I think the reason WhatsApp won't be working on BlackBerry is because WhatsApp wants all permissions to your device with respect to app settings.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with that.
    04-04-16 06:18 PM
    Lmao why do people all Social media APPS to define their lives!!!! Are you serious I've never even used a WhatsApp or Kik etc all redundant I didn't buy a Blackberry for social media apps. Last I checked e-mail, texts, and phone calls work as long as you pay your bill and don't require software based apps to work...perhaps if the people you met were worth anything, you'd see how silly an "app" sounds when you already have the apps you need that don't require some club membership style of "affilation"

"Hey let's facetime"

I don't use iFone

" oh bummer"

No not really, we can talk in person....its not that serious, my laptop works just fine if webchat tickles your fancy...but either way BYE Facebook! By WhatsApp BB10 doesn't need you I never used your apps the whole time I've had my Classic BaH!

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    04-04-16 08:32 PM
    I don't really use WhatsApp. I don't see the point...a bit like BBM tbh. I much prefer text.
    04-04-16 10:56 PM
    How do I "feel"? Hungry and sleepy at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 11:24 PM
    I don't really use WhatsApp. I don't see the point...a bit like BBM tbh. I much prefer text.
    Due to Whatsapp being cross-platform for a very long time and making it easy to find contacts, it gained a lot of popularity here (in Romania) and other European countries. More than half of my address book is on whatsapp, whereas nobody I know uses BBM. Not even people who have BB. For me, it saved hunderds of Euros on calls and chats from abroad.

So, there's the point of Whatsapp.
    04-05-16 06:56 AM
    Due to Whatsapp being cross-platform for a very long time and making it easy to find contacts, it gained a lot of popularity here (in Romania) and other European countries. More than half of my address book is on whatsapp, whereas nobody I know uses BBM. Not even people who have BB. For me, it saved hunderds of Euros on calls and chats from abroad.

Well here in Canada it's cheaper to text than to use data.
    04-05-16 07:03 AM
    Well here in Canada it's cheaper to text than to use data.
    Nowadays we have good prices. For example, for 12 EUR we get: unlimited calls and text on the same network, 1000 minutes for other operators, 400 minutes or texts to EU numbers, 2.5 GB internet.

But it used to be very expensive and it was convenient to use Whatsapp on the home's wifi. Plus, MMS was unreliable so sending media or having groups were awesome features.
    04-05-16 07:24 AM
    I have different contacts who exclusively use iMessage, Skype or Google Hangouts, which are the default clients of their respective platforms.

The only platform that can support all of these properly is iOS, so I think that iOS is (and has been for a long time) the correct choice for IM if you don't want to spend all your time telling people to use this app or that app. There is no unified standard (which is what platforms like whatsapp try to be) because not everybody signs up for it - so go with a platform that supports all standards.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/standards.png

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 07:35 AM
    I have different contacts who exclusively use iMessage, Skype or Google Hangouts, which are the default clients of their respective platforms.

The only platform that can support all of these properly is iOS, so I think that iOS is (and has been for a long time) the correct choice for IM if you don't want to spend all your time telling people to use this app or that app. There is no unified standard (which is what platforms like whatsapp try to be) because not everybody signs up for it - so go with a platform that supports all standards.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/standards.png

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. Except for iMessage, all IM clients are available on Android. Some launch on Iphone first and others launch on Android. I also expect they'll port iMessage to Android, like they did with their Music app and to avoid the mistake BB did with BBM by porting it too late.
    04-05-16 07:53 AM
    I disagree. Except for iMessage, all IM clients are available on Android. Some launch on Iphone first and others launch on Android. I also expect they'll port iMessage to Android, like they did with their Music app and to avoid the mistake BB did with BBM by porting it too late.
    I'm not talking about hypothetical future scenarios. You admit that there is one standard that is only supported on iOS, which is exactly the point I was making.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 08:12 AM
    Lmao why do people all Social media APPS to define their lives!!!! Are you serious I've never even used a WhatsApp or Kik etc all redundant I didn't buy a Blackberry for social media apps. Last I checked e-mail, texts, and phone calls work as long as you pay your bill and don't require software based apps to work...perhaps if the people you met were worth anything, you'd see how silly an "app" sounds when you already have the apps you need that don't require some club membership style of "affilation"

"Hey let's facetime"

I don't use iFone

" oh bummer"

No not really, we can talk in person....its not that serious, my laptop works just fine if webchat tickles your fancy...but either way BYE Facebook! By WhatsApp BB10 doesn't need you I never used your apps the whole time I've had my Classic BaH!

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    I never used it on my phone because I don't have a need to, but a lot of people use Whatsapp because it lets them communicate with friends and family in other countries for free as long as they have data access. Sure some people fall in what you describe, and yes, it's sad, but there are many with legitimate reasons for wanting Whatsapp...

04-05-16 10:33 AM

I think his point is that he has no use for whatsapp OR BBM, not saying that he thinks BBM is useful for him while WA isn't, but that he just uses text. I'm the same way, I don't use BBM or WA. Texting does everything I need it to do and I have unlimited texts so I never worry about overages.

04-05-16 10:37 AM
    Do you think the Guardian intended the irony with the picture accompanying this article?

The best BlackBerry ever without WhatsApp: how do you feel?-img_20160405_165436.png

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 10:57 AM
    It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.
    04-05-16 11:21 AM
    What's whatsapp? Hahahaha! I don't care at all about whatsapp or facebook.

Wouldn't bother me at all if they all imploded into themselves and vanished through a black hole forever and ever and ever!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-07-16 04:02 AM
266 ... 891011