Never used what's app.
    Not interested and no idea what it's for.

Classic is supposed to be a business phone and it does everything that I need for my work communications when I am away from my PC, as did my previous BB9900 and BB9780.

Posted via CB10
    *Comments about how you must be 60 and out of touch incoming*

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    joseanmx likes this.
    03-05-16 08:48 AM
    *Comments about how you must be 60 and out of touch incoming*

Na..... I think people are already bored with statement like ' I don't use it, so I don't get why anybody else should need it' ;-)

Edit:
    And the beloved : 'It's a business phone...so it does not need whatever I was not using in the first place'

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    03-05-16 09:03 AM
    No one has come up yet with the fact that worldwide, most communication is by opening your mouth and speaking to the person in front of you. But then, we've been doing that for thousands of years, so it's likely no longer cool or relevant.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-05-16 09:22 AM
    The fact that whatsapp will no more support BB doesnt mean it is not really useful. Unfortunatelly it is very useful, and im not talking about social media, it is essencial for BUSINESS use. Of course, not for everyone neither everywhere, but this is a matter of time for many places, IMO.
    Currently here in Brazil ever professional who works with clients (doctor, lawyers, etc) can use whatsapp to increase productivity and reduce waste of time.
    Unlike SMS, its free, and you can also send pictures and voice messages, wich can be essencial for business communication. Many times you can avoid unnecessary presencial meetings improving your timesheet.
    Unlike emails its presence on smartphones inbox is almost universal (here in Brazil)and its easiness to use make it a choice app for communication for those who do not like to type, or do not like to use computers (i have many clients that use just voice messages)
    Unlike phone calls it is not disturbing and you simply dont need to answer if you cant. It can be silent and you answer at your convenient time.
    Of course this considerations will vary from country to country depending on the app spread. BBM didnt have the same sucess here in Brazil simply bacause it didnt spread enought. Its not easy to convince someone to install an app to talk only with you.
    Summing up its a tool for professional use to increase productivity and reduce waste of time.
    Last edited by aluiziomachado; 03-05-16 at 10:07 AM.
    tnbt42 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    03-05-16 09:48 AM
    My problem is not withdrawing support of WA from BB. My problem is how to keep in touch with them those who are regularly using WA. I can't force them to switch to BBM. As BlackBerry recently announced that they will provide alternative in absence of WA support in future, I hope BB will select some other messenger apps which are already used by the same people who use WA and with joint hand make it more secure as BBM, maybe integrated with existing BBM. Fingers crossed.

03-05-16 10:18 AM
    The funny part is that we do not even know if Blackberry company is worried (or pretending it), indifferent or even happy with whatsapp annoucement. After all isnt it an event to make many give up from an OS that is already doomed, but the owners dont know exactly how to annunciate it ?
    03-05-16 10:36 AM
    Never used what's app.
    Not interested and no idea what it's for.
    Why do you read and even reply to this thread then? Just asking...

SQC100-1 BlackBerry Classic
    03-05-16 11:18 AM
    Only on CrackBerry would we be debating the merits of asynchronous communication - being able to communicate with someone without requiring their immediate attention. Isn't BlackBerry about productivity? Yet people will rationalize the departure of WhatsApp by telling others to make a call or to speak in person. LOL.

CrackBerry is eventually going to be five people talking about how they only need SMS and email on their phones. At that point it should really merge with WebOSNation because there are still about a dozen guys over there lamenting about HP's poor marketing of Palm and the Touchpad.
    03-05-16 11:21 AM
    Whatsapp allows me to send lengthy, clear videos to others. Sms videos for the most part when used across platforms and on various generations of mobile devices are ineffective at times and often poor quality. Thanks Whatsapp!
    03-05-16 04:13 PM
    I don't use it, and intend not to in the future. Facebook owns them, and no, that's not an excuse, I don't want to associate my phone number with some stupid application, because somebody else who might get my number (if I should change it) will get all of my contacts. No way. BBM, or just SMS/MMS. That's it.

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2.2876 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    03-05-16 08:01 PM
    Only on CrackBerry would we be debating the merits of asynchronous communication - being able to communicate with someone without requiring their immediate attention. Isn't BlackBerry about productivity? Yet people will rationalize the departure of WhatsApp by telling others to make a call or to speak in person. LOL.

CrackBerry is eventually going to be five people talking about how they only need SMS and email on their phones. At that point it should really merge with WebOSNation because there are still about a dozen guys over there lamenting about HP's poor marketing of Palm and the Touchpad.
    I agree that without Whatsapp, my Classic has now been downgraded to become my second phone. For emails when I need to type lengthy replies.

Pity. It was a great platform while it lasted.

As a phone user, I no longer care about which platform as long as it gets the job done with minimum fuss. And blackberry just don't offer me that convenience any more.
    03-05-16 10:02 PM
    The only thing it really offers over sms is the ability to chat with people overseas without overages. But like you said, there's still facebook and bbm (if anyone would use it) for that. I don't have anyone in other countries that I text with on a personal level, so I have no use for whatsapp...

The problem now is whatsapp mostly uses for group chat (like bbm what already done) if they stop support BlackBerry for their chat service and then we can't communicate with other member in group

Delivered by my Z30
    03-06-16 04:57 AM
    Whatsapp can work for too many years without updates if they want.
    I cannot believe than whatsapp developer are so crappy to have bugs and security holes every few months,...

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 11:51 AM
    The problem now is whatsapp mostly uses for group chat (like bbm what already done) if they stop support BlackBerry for their chat service and then we can't communicate with other member in group

Delivered by my Z30
    My friends and I group chat using SMS (well, really MMS) and facebook all of the time. There was never a time where we were like "we want to group chat but so-and-so doesn't have Whatsapp." I don't talk to a single person who exclusively uses WA. I know plenty of people who use WA, don't get me wrong, but there isn't a single person I'm unable to communicate with because I don't use WA. Of course that's my specific situation, not everyone, so it's definitely not a good thing for them to drop support...

03-06-16 04:19 PM
    My friends and I group chat using SMS (well, really MMS) and facebook all of the time. There was never a time where we were like "we want to group chat but so-and-so doesn't have Whatsapp." I don't talk to a single person who exclusively uses WA. I know plenty of people who use WA, don't get me wrong, but there isn't a single person I'm unable to communicate with because I don't use WA. Of course that's my specific situation, not everyone, so it's definitely not a good thing for them to drop support...

I guess you can do some sort of group chatting via MMS (leaving MMS costs out of the argumentation).... A problem is that all existing Groups one is part of in WA would have to be rebuild via MMS.

So in reality one would have to say ' Hey guys, my phone can't use WA anymore...yeah it's a BlackBerry... so let's all close this group and we make a new one via MMS. OK? '

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 02:31 AM
    Keep it simple... send a text or email... whatsapp? BLAH!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 10:12 AM
    Interesting that BlackBerry is working on something. Perhaps they are going to somehow get BBM to integrate with WhatsApp so that when you are part of a WhatsApp group, you are still able to participate in it. Probably a long shot, but would be interesting if they could somehow get the two to work seamlessly.
    03-07-16 11:00 AM
    Interesting that BlackBerry is working on something. Perhaps they are going to somehow get BBM to integrate with WhatsApp so that when you are part of a WhatsApp group, you are still able to participate in it. Probably a long shot, but would be interesting if they could somehow get the two to work seamlessly.
    Maybe FB messenger.

03-07-16 11:04 AM
    Will use my classic until the last day. As soon as whatsapp stops working then that's it for me

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 11:36 AM
    I guess you can do some sort of group chatting via MMS (leaving MMS costs out of the argumentation).... A problem is that all existing Groups one is part of in WA would have to be rebuild via MMS.

So in reality one would have to say ' Hey guys, my phone can't use WA anymore...yeah it's a BlackBerry... so let's all close this group and we make a new one via MMS. OK? '

Posted via CB10
    MMS uses data just like WA. Any costs you'll have to worry about for MMS you'll have to worry about for WA. And, again this is just my situation, but I don't have any friends who even attempt to ask me to get on WA for group chats. So far every group chat I've been added to (I hate group chats and would never start one) has been through MMS first. My friends mainly use WA if they want to talk to family and friends overseas. Even when I'm in a group chat, I'll reply to individuals individually. I don't really like the whole share everything with everyone thing... but that's just me...

03-07-16 03:57 PM
    I dunno why BB had to go and make the Hub so irresistible. That's what's making it hard for me to switch to the Android version of Whatsapp. It was so wonderful to see all the people who messaged me and see when to reply them later or immediately (depending on the person lol), and now they are grouped as one file in the hub .

Crying over spilled tomatoes, but you get my point.
    It was one thing that kept me forever. Then Samsung had a promotion try our phone for 1 month. I did I now hate my z30. I had to mail it back because my 30 day promo ran out and currently back on the z30 for now.

I installed the Priv hub via cobalt not as great as bb10 but Damn close. S7 edge coming Thursday and I Int been more excited.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 04:56 PM
    It was one thing that kept me forever. Then Samsung had a promotion try our phone for 1 month. I did I now hate my z30. I had to mail it back because my 30 day promo ran out and currently back on the z30 for now.

I installed the Priv hub via cobalt not as great as bb10 but Damn close. S7 edge coming Thursday and I Int been more excited.

Posted via CB10

Wow, so how was the messaging experience on the Galaxy? I have been eyeing getting a S4 or S5 (don't really care about being latest and greatest, just nicely functional). Does it have anything like messages and notifications being grouped in one place or what is it about the Samsung that now makes you hate your Z30?
    Last edited by skinnymike1; 03-08-16 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote
    03-07-16 06:19 PM
    You shouldn't have bought a BlackBerry if WhatsApp is so important to you. A cheap Android phone will do.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 12:38 AM
    i feel sad.. thats it
    03-08-16 01:41 AM
    I seriously can't believe the attitude that if you use WhatsApp you shouldn't be in BlackBerry. That is just crazy. It has been available on BB10 for ages now.

If a mass communication tool used by many millions is no longer being supported on its OS it impacts Blackberry. Simple. I am not a huge WhatsApp fan but my family and friends all use it because it is cross device and widely supported.

Comments like, great if all the users of WhatsApp jump ship we'll be better off is even crazier. If they did, it wouldn't be for long because if even more people jump ship, BB10 will be deader than it is now.
    Last edited by Manchego25; 03-08-16 at 07:21 AM.
    03-08-16 07:09 AM
266 ... 678910 ...