You can manage email suggestions in the hub under settings->manage..... (I don't know how to translate this menu item correctly, but there is only one with 'manage').
    The list 'recently used contacts' contains all addresses that were (guess what) used recently, the ones in your contacts list, and the ones that arrived by email. Here you can block them from showing (I think this might be your problem) or unblock them, so they will show again.
    No typing of known addresses needed.
    I have no contacts that are blocked in the Hub Management.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:33 PM
    If this is an OS "bug" then what do I do to fix it? It is a Verizon device.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:37 PM
    Under Hub Settings/Recent Contact Management/Recent Contacts I consistently have only two recent contacts listed and they never change. Am I supposed to have all recent email contacts in there?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:42 PM
    Under Hub Settings/Recent Contact Management/Recent Contacts I consistently have only two recent contacts listed and they never change. Am I supposed to have all recent email contacts in there?

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 06:07 PM
    If this is an OS "bug" then what do I do to fix it? It is a Verizon device.

Posted via CB10
    If it's an OS bug (and I don't know if it is as I've never experienced this issue on my Passport), look at the Sachesi threads about updating your OS manually. There are full BlackBerry OS updates that you can download and upgrade your OS manually. The most recent one for 10.3.1 is here. You can do what's called a non-destructive update that will not require you to re-input your account settings and passwords, contacts lists, etc.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...744-a-1016610/

The findings and fixes thread (which you should read) is here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...889-a-1016618/

Doing a 'non-destructive' Sachesi update thread is here

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

IMPORTANT:

1. Backup your phone with BB Link before doing anything just to be safe.
    2. If a non-destructive update doesn't work, you might want to try an Autoloader which will wipe your device (factory reset) with the new OS and try restoring your software.

No guarantee this will work, but it's certainly what I would try first. Especially if it was driving me crazy. Good luck.
    bluetree211 and anon(8080272) like this.
    05-10-15 07:23 PM
    While on the topic of classic and the Q10, what's the difference in the screen size?
    05-10-15 07:31 PM
    While on the topic of classic and the Q10, what's the difference in the screen size?
    Google search?

Q10 - 3.1

Q20 - 4.7

Classic - 3.5

- oooppsss I wasn't supposed to speak on the Q20 yet

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-11-15 12:02 AM
    I sold my Classic after one week use and went back to Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:17 AM
    I'm annoyed that even though the double typing issue was widely known on the BlackBerry Q10, they didn't do anything to fix it for the BlackBerry Classic. Many will say, "It's not happening to me!" to rationalize it, but it's happening to enough people. I like my Classic, but the keyboard is awful and would prefer the old school more durable ones from the OS7 curve days.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:10 AM
    Google search?

Q10 - 3.1

Q20 - 4.7

Classic - 3.5

- oooppsss I wasn't supposed to speak on the Q20 yet

Q20 = Classic. Your mind = blown.

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    05-11-15 08:36 AM
    I feel for your annoyance regarding the double-typing. My trusty Q10 also started showing first signs of it after roughly half a year of use, it started getting slightly worse the following months. Claimed warranty and got a brand new one from BlackBerry, with a redesigned keyboard.
    Before Classic (and Passport for the matter), the state of double-typing was an important issue for me. I was releived when "insider" information appeared, stating double-typing has been fixed for the new Classic. Yet there goes, I just sent back my not even four months old Classic last week, double-typing was just one of the problems with it.

There have been discussions again whether or net this is related to software or hardware. On the Q10 it pretty much clearly was a hardware fault in virtually every single case. Honestly, I don't care anymore what causes it now. BlackBerry start taking this issue seriously, maybe even start communicating about it, yet they don't. My Passport also started showing double-inputs sometimes just a week ago. I purchase BlackBerry devices because they are said to be reliable business workhorses, yet sending those devices back and back again, waiting up to two months everytime till the replacement arrives has nothing to do with reliability. I just hope they'll finally fix it for good.
    dan_slack likes this.
    05-11-15 09:18 AM
    Classic sucks q10 way better

Posted via CB10
    Look at you, acting as though your personal opinions are "facts" ...
    anon(5597702) and madman0141 like this.
    05-11-15 09:24 AM
    I love my Verizon Classic and I'm not experiencing any of the problems mentioned. In fact, I have encountered no problems at all. I'm running the latest 10.3.2. Previously I was using the Z30 and loved that as well.
    extisis likes this.
    05-11-15 09:48 AM
    Does you mommy or daddy know you're playing with their phone?

Posted via CB10
    Or this may be future management material at Best Buy!
    05-11-15 05:47 PM
    I used the Classic for the first time on Saturday,and I really liked it. My wife works at BlackBerry and I'm still bugging her to get me one.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    05-11-15 06:03 PM
    If it's an OS bug (and I don't know if it is as I've never experienced this issue on my Passport), look at the Sachesi threads about updating your OS manually. There are full BlackBerry OS updates that you can download and upgrade your OS manually. The most recent one for 10.3.1 is here. You can do what's called a non-destructive update that will not require you to re-input your account settings and passwords, contacts lists, etc.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...744-a-1016610/

The findings and fixes thread (which you should read) is here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...889-a-1016618/

Doing a 'non-destructive' Sachesi update thread is here

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

IMPORTANT:

1. Backup your phone with BB Link before doing anything just to be safe.
    2. If a non-destructive update doesn't work, you might want to try an Autoloader which will wipe your device (factory reset) with the new OS and try restoring your software.

No guarantee this will work, but it's certainly what I would try first. Especially if it was driving me crazy. Good luck.
    Reaney thank you soo much for taking the time and effort to put together such a detailed reply. As you can see my double-typing is getting worse by the day. Hopefully I might buy some time by loading this new software before having to return it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 09:50 PM
    Reaney thank you soo much for taking the time and effort to put together such a detailed reply. As you can see my double-typing is getting worse by the day. Hopefully I might buy some time by loading this new software before having to return it.

Posted via CB10
    No problem. I'm sorry your auto-correct doesn't seem to work as well. Forget double typing, sometimes I make spelling mistakes on my Passport but it seems pretty good at correcting them, or at the very least underlining my mistakes.

Same thing for my iPhone. Personally, I always make a point of proof reading my messages before hitting the send key. Regardless of what device I'm using, ultimately I'm responsible for the message and any errors as well.
    05-11-15 10:02 PM
    I upgraded to 10.3 last night and auto suggestion is back!! Thank you very much for the suggestion. Only negative is now I know for certain the keyboard double-typing is definitely a hardware issue.

So now that my email thing is fixed I have to get a replacement phone anyway. I cannot believe BlackBerry has known about theiir crummy keyboards for well over a year and is still putting them out there.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 12:22 PM
    The Classic is a state of mind... It's a zen thing! Immerse yourself into it and you shall see the light...

 Instant Classic!
    05-17-15 01:06 PM
    I used the Classic for the first time on Saturday,and I really liked it. My wife works at BlackBerry and I'm still bugging her to get me one.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    She works @ Blackberry o_O : yet it has taken you this long to "get your hands" on 1 lol Ummmmmmm that's rich. Not to mention you begging her to get you a Classic - what is she punishing you with a iFone

05-18-15 07:12 AM
    So curious, does anyone find the return of the enter key and trackpad key on the classic a bid deal over Q10? Wife wants to know as she's thinking of upgrading. Thanks
    05-18-15 09:47 AM
    I personally like classic better than q10, but I wouldn't pay full price the classic. Q10 cost half of classic with almost identical spec.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 11:17 AM
    Who cares about specs. I went from q10 to z10 to passport and now have a classic and it feels like a huge upgrade compared to my q10. The bigger screen and toolbelt really completes the phone for me

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 03:22 PM
    So curious, does anyone find the return of the enter key and trackpad key on the classic a bid deal over Q10? Wife wants to know as she's thinking of upgrading. Thanks
    I'm loving the toolbelt. As long as you get to learn the shortcuts using those buttons, it'll be worth it. But at first you might not use it as much. But you can end up doing 95% of everything without using the touchscreen with the toolbelt back, just have to learn how it works with BB10.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-18-15 03:24 PM
    Again it depends on how you use it.

I have a Classic, my Girlfriend a Q10. She is totally happy with hers, using it mainly for sending whatsapp, looking at the odd picture and facebook from time to time. No need for a trackpad....

Me I ready for instance the news via Web on a daily basis, and really don't want to miss scrolling and selecting links via the trackpad. I also use much more email etc. .... So for me trackpad wins!

What you should know: Screen is much better on Classic...but of course it is also bigger and heavier

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 04:41 PM
53 123