Long time 9900/9930 user and switched to the Classic about 5 weeks ago and have a few questions please:

1. When I lock the screen using the "K" button, bedside mode will often trigger once I slide it into my pocket (which is likely being triggered by the small clouds/moon icon at the top of the screen). Unfortunately, this has meant that my phone, which was set to the normal profile at the time, is now accidentally swiped into bedside mode (which means I'm receiving no phone calls, messages, alerts). This is problematic.

Is there a way to disable this bedside mode icon at the top of the screen?

2. When I actually use bedside mode at night, it seems all to easy to accidentally swipe the alarm to the "off" position. I'm usually quite vigilant about setting my alarm, and there have been several times where the alarm gets swipped off (even through the settings menu as well) and has failed to go off in the morning.

Is there a better way to ensure accidental swipes don't shut off the alarm? Why does BlackBerry 10 make it so easy to accidentally swipe the alarm off? This was much more fool proof on the 9900/9930.

3. Finally, I use the media player and when using a 9900/9930, one could easily hold the up or down volume button for 2 seconds (long hold) and simply skip to the next audio track. It appears this doesn't work on BB10, which means that when I'm driving, riding a bike, or walking, I have to actually hold the phone, enter the password, unlock the screen, fully open the media player active window, and manually touch the screen just to skip to the next track. This makes switching tracks while driving or biking much more cumbersome and potentially dangerous.

Is there a way to skip audio tracks without having to unlock the screen? Is there a physical button to push instead?

It seems like BB10 has lost a lot of basic functionality that made the 9900/9930 such a great phone. I will be sticking with the Classic, but these issues, especially my alarm not going off, makes this phone feel less reliable.
    04-13-15 10:50 AM
    Audio tracks: hold the volume + button... the it skips a song... volume - to get the previous track

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-13-15 10:56 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I have held down the + (up) and - (down) volume buttons and all it does is raise or lower the volume. Are you referring to another physical button? It does not seem to work the way the 9900/9930 did. Please clarify if I misunderstood. Thank you.
    04-13-15 11:05 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I have held down the + (up) and - (down) volume buttons and all it does is raise or lower the volume. Are you referring to another physical button? It does not seem to work the way the 9900/9930 did. Please clarify if I misunderstood. Thank you.
    Go to Settings > Main Volume, toggle music shortcuts to "On"

Posted via CB10
    StumptownBold likes this.
    04-13-15 11:47 AM
    OMG, I feel like a dummy for not finding that sooner! Thanks so much. Can't believe I missed that. Things are in different places on BB10 compared to OS7.
    04-13-15 02:20 PM
    Can happen to everyone.. have fun with it!!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-13-15 04:44 PM
    Hey, instead of turning on the lock screen with K, just click the top power button... what's the point of locking your phone and putting it in your pocket if you leave the screen on?
    04-13-15 06:04 PM