BBOS is far more complex than BB10, and BB10 will never be like BBOS. I'm grateful for the simplicity of the BB10. Legacy BlackBerry phone users have to evolve with the times. I have the classic and I really enjoy it. I don't need the tool belt, I just needed a bigger screen with the PKB. I've had the 8300 and the 8800? Curve, the 9700, 9780, and 9900 bold and the Z10.

How is BB10 complex than BBOS? I'm definitely interested in understanding this disparity between the two OSes.

Posted via CB10
    Hulk123 and Dave Bourque like this.
    01-23-15 02:23 PM
    The people that think BB10 is more complicated are the same people that can't get used to new things.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 02:32 PM
    01-23-15 02:40 PM
    I agree. BlackBerry users wanted a phone with the toolbelt, and yet there are people complaining when about it when it is available. What's going on? I must be missing something, or I'm dense.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 02:40 PM
    I agree. BlackBerry users wanted a phone with the toolbelt, and yet there are people complaining when about it when it is available. What's going on? I must be missing something, or I'm dense.

Posted via CB10
    As people get older they are less flexible at learning new things... not because they can't learn it. It's more being locked into a habit.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 02:43 PM
    That is certainly a possibility. Isn't learning and adapting to changes what it's all about? I'm fairly old and I love change and new challenges!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-23-15 02:54 PM
    That is certainly a possibility. Isn't learning and adapting to changes what it's all about? I'm fairly old and I love change and new challenges!

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm saying though. If all people have the habit of change and challenges we wouldn't be here discussing this lol. When I first got my Z10 in 2013 it took about 1 or 2 weeks to settle in from a iPhone 4s.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 02:57 PM
    BBOS is far more complex than BB10, and BB10 will never be like BBOS. I'm grateful for the simplicity of the BB10. Legacy BlackBerry phone users have to evolve with the times. I have the classic and I really enjoy it. I don't need the tool belt, I just needed a bigger screen with the PKB. I've had the 8300 and the 8800? Curve, the 9700, 9780, and 9900 bold and the Z10.

How is BB10 complex than BBOS? I'm definitely interested in understanding this disparity between the two OSes.

Posted via CB10
    You need a Passport !

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:03 PM
    My wife went from a Rogers DORO to the Z10. She loves it and had no problems getting used to it. My 11 year old son also had no problem navigating through the phone.

Thus, I think that legacy users who complain that BB10 is difficult to use are just being +++++++.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:06 PM
    You need a Passport !

Posted via CB10
    Too complex of a phone. LOL!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:09 PM
    My wife went from a Rogers DORO to the Z10. She loves it and had no problems getting used to it. My 11 year old son also had no problem navigating through the phone.

Thus, I think that legacy users who complain that BB10 is difficult to use are just being +++++++.

Posted via CB10
    Another thing is that the phone reps usually never know how to use BB10 since they never bothered to learn it.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and kbz1960 like this.
    01-23-15 03:12 PM
    +1.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:16 PM
    The people that think BB10 is more complicated are the same people that can't get used to new things.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks to "the same people that can't get used to new things" or AKA loyal Blackberry customers, we now have two more new keyboard devices.

Passport & Classic.

Even the toolbelt is back, despite the disapproval by the greatest, smartest and most advanced Blackberry users.

Perhaps it is these greatest, smartest and most advanced Blackberry users, who ought to consider giving others a break, instead of this constant "get used to it" type bashing.

After all we are all Blackberry users with different needs.

It is software developers, who are here to serve us (paying customers) and not the other way around.
    acovey likes this.
    01-23-15 03:51 PM
    I agree, I find bb10 is simpler than bbos

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:54 PM
    Thanks to "the same people that can't get used to new things" or AKA loyal Blackberry customers, we now have two more new keyboard devices.

Passport & Classic.

Even the toolbelt is back, despite the disapproval by the greatest, smartest and most advanced Blackberry users.

Perhaps it is these greatest, smartest and most advanced Blackberry users, who ought to consider giving others a break, instead of this constant "get used to it" type bashing.

It is software developers, who are here to serve us (paying customers) and not the other way around.
    I never said some things can't improve.... but it's factually true that BB10 is simpler. And if we did everything BBOS users wanted the company would be gone by now....

Posted via CB10
    1raygin likes this.
    01-23-15 04:02 PM

Passport & Classic.

Choices are wonderful. None of us here has a problem with that. The problem is that people still complain when BlackBerry is providing choices, but not to their liking. We all have to give and take a bit.

If one is not tolerant of the new BB10, then there other choice of phones available. I'm just tired of the constant complaining, some are legit while others are not.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 04:07 PM
    Lol

I'm going to defer........
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-23-15 04:50 PM
    My little 5 and 8 year old cousins can use bb10 just fine. They even figured out how the gestures work all on their own.

If I gave them a bbos phone I doubt they would be able to figure out how it works so yes bb10 is much more user friendly for those who are coming in blind. Those coming from bbos will have a harder transition as they don't have much in common with one another.

Just like how macos users hated os x at first.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by matt4pack; 01-23-15 at 07:59 PM.
    01-23-15 07:47 PM
    Gesturing is on all phones. BBM10 is within BB10.
    01-23-15 07:54 PM
    Gesturing is on all phones. BBM10 is within BB10.
    ????? What does BBM10 have to do with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 08:54 PM
    I too was watching this BB10 is more complicated argument with curiosity as well as I just don't have that experience. Maybe it's my approach to be open when trying the new and not waste time comparing or trying to get it to be like the older version. It has just been an adventure of discovery and I've been pleased by how nicely I've been adapting this device to my use.
    I've never been a fanboy or blindly loyal to any brand, but just love when something works well for me and so far that has been the case for me.
    01-23-15 09:58 PM
    My little 5 and 8 year old cousins can use bb10 just fine. They even figured out how the gestures work all on their own.
    How does that in any way relate to productivity issues of a device that is designed to be a business tool?
    01-24-15 01:12 AM
    Something is clearly wrong with some BB 10 users ..this topic has been discussed so many times just use the search function.

For me personally bb10 is more complicated and not as customizable as I would have liked it. No skins and shortcut me seriously ? Calling a phone classic and not having a removable battery, releasing a wide phone without a toolbar ?

The thing I've always loved about BlackBerry was that I didn't need touch because the toolbelt and macros could do everything I need. . It's not the same with bb10 it's based on gestures which means limitations for the tool belt.

I'm typing this on my bb9900 while watching YouTube on my note 4. So it's not like I'm "behind the times " like some bb10 fans are alluding.

New isn't always better as proven by Windows Vista, Windows 8, 3d TV and touchscreen instead of real buttons for cars
    Mr4aces and VeryBumpy like this.
    01-24-15 01:54 AM
    Something is clearly wrong with some BB 10 users ..this topic has been discussed so many times just use the search function.

For me personally bb10 is more complicated and not as customizable as I would have liked it. No skins and shortcut me seriously ? Calling a phone classic and not having a removable battery, releasing a wide phone without a toolbar ?

The thing I've always loved about BlackBerry was that I didn't need touch because the toolbelt and macros could do everything I need. . It's not the same with bb10 it's based on gestures which means limitations for the tool belt.

I'm typing this on my bb9900 while watching YouTube on my note 4. So it's not like I'm "behind the times " like some bb10 fans are alluding.

New isn't always better as proven by Windows Vista, Windows 8, 3d TV and touchscreen instead of real buttons for cars
    The classic and every other BB10 qwerty with 10.3.1 can use shortcuts... and create custom shortcuts fyi...

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:21 AM
    As people get older they are less flexible at learning new things... not because they can't learn it. It's more being locked into a habit.

Posted via CB10
    Bit of a blanket statement IMHO, I'm turning 61 next month (still wondering how the hell that happened) and I'm pretty flexible, love to learn new things, absolutely love my Passport although I have to admit I still like reading books rather than on my playbook...

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 12:12 PM
35 12