Alright guys. Lets talk navigation with BB10 now that the Q20 has the hard key belt back.

How does the "swipe up" gesture work with a track pad now? Doesn't this cause issues because when swiping up on the track pad, it'd be so easy to activate the "swipe up."

In addition, what about the "up and right" for the hub? Is that also gone now? Is the Q20 going to rely solely on icons now?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:38 AM
    Maybe the trackpad is below the lower bezel? That might be why that prototype device had that compacted keyboard, to make room.
    02-25-14 08:41 AM
    On the z30, I feel for the silver frame and swipe up without looking.

On the q10, I feel for the silver fret and swipe up without looking.

With the belt, unless there is a texture or a bump, it will be difficult to feel anything.
    02-25-14 08:47 AM
    Maybe the trackpad is below the lower bezel? That might be why that prototype device had that compacted keyboard, to make room.
    It will be. But with a swiping up motion that you use on a track pad, you'd inevitably swipe up too far and activate the gesture, right?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:50 AM
    With the belt, unless there is a texture or a bump, it will be difficult to feel anything.
    If there is a row of physical buttons (the belt) you can feel them and swipe up from there. Same as the fret.

Also the trackpad is not necessarily in the way, you don't have to do the gestures from the middle of the screen.
    02-25-14 10:42 AM
    If there is a row of physical buttons (the belt) you can feel them and swipe up from there. Same as the fret.

Also the trackpad is not necessarily in the way, you don't have to do the gestures from the middle of the screen.
    Although it's kind of a pain to do the Hub gesture from the far right of the screen. Sure, you can move your thumb over, but all of the back and forth over the call screen tells me that that wouldn't go over well.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 10:53 AM
    I don't think using the swipe up gesture will be a problem.

The problem will be accidentally using the swipe up gesture when scrolling up with the trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:56 AM