My workplace is finally rolling out BB10.. been using a curve for years now, and its painful. My co-worker just got their new phone and its a classic. What a sweet phone. They have enabled balance we can have apps (bb10 apps) on one side and work on the other.. Finally won't have to lug my passport and my curve around, can finally go down to one device.

Well 2..... Will need to bring my PRIV for pokemon go, (working Facebook) netflix, etc... So i guess going down from 3... to 2 devices.. which is good!!!
    07-26-16 01:00 PM
    Have to wonder about an IT department that's just now rolling out BB10....
    zephyr613 likes this.
    07-26-16 01:05 PM
    Are they aware bb10 won't be around much longer?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 01:16 PM
    Little too late.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 01:27 PM
    Excited you're getting it! Plus lugging around several devices is such a pain.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 01:32 PM
    Well, the old system wasn't broken

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 01:34 PM
    I think that is a problem BlackBerry has. People need new androids and iphones as apps out pace hardware. The most under speced bb10 the q5 does everything the passport can do, no point in upgrading. And. Original BlackBerry users on os7 still have a working facebook app..

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 01:35 PM
    I think that is a problem BlackBerry has. People need new androids and iphones as apps out pace hardware. The most under speced bb10 the q5 does everything the passport can do, no point in upgrading. And. Original BlackBerry users on os7 still have a working facebook app..

Posted via CB10

Z3 is really the most under specced BB10 device... and those users know it. But yeah if your platform is stagnated, then there isn't much need for newer hardware, even though Passport users can tell a big difference.

But FYI... BBOS has a number of known security issues at this point. It is broken.
    07-26-16 01:50 PM
    Have to wonder about an IT department that's just now rolling out BB10....
    Yah, they must be one that is smart enough to know that it has good features that don't magically stop working because others don't use it... Oh, not what you meant...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-26-16 03:05 PM
    BB10 isn't disappearing - it's not being dramatically enhanced, but it should function fine for quite some time.

As for the IT department just now rolling BB10 out ... remember that things that work often get left around - 2 years ago we replaced our payroll system that had code written in 1969. A major reason for replacing it was simply the difficulty of finding people still willing to work on old systems - the system itself still worked quite well. Indeed, in many ways it was superior to the package that replaced it - which is also very old software, now that I get a look at how it operates.

Remember, that sexy IOS is sitting on top of a variant of Unix, which dates back to about 1963!
    07-26-16 03:56 PM
    Yah, they must be one that is smart enough to know that it has good features that don't magically stop working because others don't use it... Oh, not what you meant...

No what I meant was where will they buy new phones in six months...

Doesn't matter what it can do if you can't buy more of them.
    07-26-16 03:58 PM

Ah. Good question. I live in Manitoba and I noticed this week that MTS (my carrier) isn't offering BB10 devices any more. Up until a week or so ago they still advertized the Classic and Passport.

Then again, with this being a corporate account, perhaps they have access to an unsold inventory that BB has on hand. That's very possible.
    07-26-16 04:15 PM

I'm sure there are plenty of stock. :-D

Passport, Leap, not like they have nowhere to go if the Classic does sell out.

07-26-16 08:19 PM