If you are reading this, then you probably have an Apple computer and are unable to use or install BlackBerry Link or Blend software. In this post, I'll explain how I was able to get it working. Spoiler alert: it involves Boot Camp.

If you don't already know, BB Link cannot install on OSX Sierra or High Sierra. If you had it previously installed and then upgraded your OS, you may be among the fortunate few that can access both just fine. As for me, I would get an error message before the software installation completed.

When a Mac install seemed fruitless, I tried installing BB Link and Blend on a Windows 8.1 virtual machine using both VMware and Parallels. Blend worked perfectly fine via WiFi, but Link couldn't complete a phone backup via USB. This is related to USB driver issues. If you have a fix for this, please share.

When all else failed, I installed Windows 10 on Boot Camp. BlackBerry Link and Blend work perfectly. Below are screenshots showing a successfully completed Link backup and my BB Classic's folders visible in Blend.

So, if you are on a Mac, Macbook, or Hackintosh (maybe?), and are unable to install/run BlackBerry's programs, try using Boot Camp. A disc image *.ISO file of Windows 10 can be downloaded for free from Microsoft's website. That's right; it's free!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-18 09:31 AM
    It is the reason I stay with OSX10.11.6

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Zebra 99; 11-08-18 at 07:46 AM.
    07-12-18 08:50 AM
    So El Capitan works fine with Link and Blend. Good to know! Before setting up Boot Camp, I was actually considering picking up an old Macbook Air with a previous OS on it.
    07-12-18 10:59 AM
    Wow, using BootCamp only to run BlackBerry Blend?!?! No, thanks! I stay on OS X Mavericks, by the way

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    07-14-18 10:03 AM
    Wow, using BootCamp only to run BlackBerry Blend?!?! No, thanks! I stay on OS X Mavericks, by the way
    Link stopped working with High Sierra. Link USB backup works with Windows 7/8 on VMWare. Could create a minimum installation on Mac volume without Boot Camp.
    07-15-18 02:05 PM
    I was unable to get VMWare Fusion to work with Link. Link installed fine. I could log in, connect via WiFi and USB, but when it came time to backup, it would error before it could finish. The same was true with Parallels. How were you able to get it working? Both virtual machines were updated Windows 8.1. Maybe it only works with Windows 7.

* Posted from my beloved BlackBerry Classic
    07-19-18 01:30 PM
    The backup worked on the second try.
    07-19-18 01:44 PM
    Link may work with macOS 10.12. I did test. But it is unstable. The mainly problem is USB port driver and IP. It's have to try to open different connection in Network setting.
    I didn't try on OS10.13... maybe late.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Zebra 99; 11-08-18 at 07:49 AM.
    07-23-18 08:13 AM
    Not able to get working in Mojave
    I tried with WM using Windows 7

I missed my connections from my device to my computer using WiFi or Bluetooth... :/
    11-07-18 01:20 PM