Well even if you try to make. A perfect phone you will fail. Ppl will find something to complain about anyway. Plus even if you make a great hardware phone, the next model will be faster or higher or brighter. Kinda like iPhone and so ppl will still buy.

Posted via CB10
    True. Quite a few of us feel 9900 is close to perfect, for example. BB might have missed some market opportunities, IMO, by failing to offer a 9900C with better camera. Then, 6 months later, a 9900BC with better battery, then the next 1/2 year maybe a 9900MBC with more memory. Sales each step of the way. LOL. Of course that 9900MBC fitted with Q20 processor & ram and BB10.3.1 would've been TOO close to perfect for at least a few of us.

I just feel like the fixed battery thing made more sense on the Z30 because the all glass device had a chance to pull in iPhone users who are already accustomed to fixed batts. A configuration appropriate to the target. Likewise, targeting existing legacy users, long accustomed to swappable batts, seems a safer bet with swappable batt config. IMO. FWIW. The logic just doesn't fit unless one realizes that legacy migration isn't necessarily the focal point of BB's market target. THEN the wider angle picture gets a little less fuzzy. The re-intro of 9900 just months before the new Q's intro, also fits a little better. Maybe BB isn't quite ready to turn loose of BIS just yet??

Chen is a SMART guy. He has access to market research resources a little beyond my pathetic capabilities. Imperfections aside, the Q20 "Classic" stands a good chance of success with Q10 and many legacy users. Possibly even some iPhone. A vendor of ours has committed to transitioning to Q20s, sight unseen, from their iPhones. There IS dissatisfaction in the "glass" world that the new Q just might turn into some slight market share. Remember the "TYPO" ?? lol
    nikesu and Mr4aces like this.
    09-17-14 08:09 AM
    An interesting design might be to have a small integrated battery and a larger removable battery. This would allow hot-swaps. Probably too expensive to implement, but from a usability perspective alone, it's the ideal.

For now, I'm fine with toting the BlackBerry external usb chargers. We'll need a new design for these bottom port phones, however.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 10:26 AM
    In chen... we MUST TRUST... if you guys do a LITTLE back check on him, the company he worked for in the past was dying... untill he took over and helped it. (now we see why he was made CEO of BlackBerry)... IN CHEN WE TRUST.

He isn't stupid... this guy is PURE BUSINESS and he is climbing that 'infamous ladder' very slowly.... (for a good reason)

Who knows... in the next 3 years... Blackberry will be BOOMING all because of him, and he got Apple/Sony/Nokia/Samsung/HTC etc all scared lol.
    09-17-14 10:27 AM
    I have never used a legacy device but I heard that the battery life in those devices are terrible, was your survey based on that battery life in particular or based on a possible 3.1k mAH Classic?

Posted via CB10
    The 9900 oem battery is pretty bad, but before that, my 9000 had epic battery life...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-17-14 12:51 PM
    True. Quite a few of us feel 9900 is close to perfect, for example. BB might have missed some market opportunities, IMO, by failing to offer a 9900C with better camera. Then, 6 months later, a 9900BC with better battery, then the next 1/2 year maybe a 9900MBC with more memory. Sales each step of the way. LOL. Of course that 9900MBC fitted with Q20 processor & ram and BB10.3.1 would've been TOO close to perfect for at least a few of us.

I just feel like the fixed battery thing made more sense on the Z30 because the all glass device had a chance to pull in iPhone users who are already accustomed to fixed batts. A configuration appropriate to the target. Likewise, targeting existing legacy users, long accustomed to swappable batts, seems a safer bet with swappable batt config. IMO. FWIW. The logic just doesn't fit unless one realizes that legacy migration isn't necessarily the focal point of BB's market target. THEN the wider angle picture gets a little less fuzzy. The re-intro of 9900 just months before the new Q's intro, also fits a little better. Maybe BB isn't quite ready to turn loose of BIS just yet??

Chen is a SMART guy. He has access to market research resources a little beyond my pathetic capabilities. Imperfections aside, the Q20 "Classic" stands a good chance of success with Q10 and many legacy users. Possibly even some iPhone. A vendor of ours has committed to transitioning to Q20s, sight unseen, from their iPhones. There IS dissatisfaction in the "glass" world that the new Q just might turn into some slight market share. Remember the "TYPO" ?? lol
    I saw a typo in the wild yesterday. The original one with the frets too! It's kind of ironic as a blackberry user to say it looked silly, but yes, it looked silly.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 02:28 PM
    I also do not understand why BB Passport gets high specs & treated as a flagship device over classic.
    The so-called "flagship" devices are meant to appeal to new users and people who want to be on the cutting edge; hence the high specs. The Classic is not about that. Except for devoted BBOS users, the rest of the world isn't interested in the tool belt. The segment of the public interested in a physical keyboard is already a niche market, so the Classic targets a niche within that niche.

When the Classic was announced, we had a lot of debate about whether this was a good move for BlackBerry. The intention is clear enough: To harvest the potential sales to those people who are interested in BB10 but unwilling to give up the convenience of the traditional BBOS design. As such, I think it's a good idea, but I wouldn't expect it to be a flagship level device. It is, by its very nature, a compromise device.

At the moment, the Passport is the device that BlackBerry wants to be seen riding into the future on. They're gambling on the possibility of reinventing and redefining the physical keyboard device, innovating in an area that everyone thought was as dead as vaudeville. It's a risky move, which is why we have such strong opinions expressed on it here. The Classic, in contrast, is a very safe move. I think it's very likely to make BlackBerry a small profit by being produced in small enough numbers to sell to that sub-niche, and that's about it.
    dejanh and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    09-18-14 08:22 AM
    and the phone will probably cost less than 350 bux. You have no reason not to upgrade your bold.

Posted via CB10
    Doubt it. I'm going $499 minimum.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:35 PM
    Doubt it. I'm going $499 minimum.

Posted via CB10
    Highly doubt it's going to be that expensive. They are using hardware that they probably have overstock in from Z10's and Q10's after a huge write off. I can't see it being much over 400 bux.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:08 PM
    Highly doubt it's going to be that expensive. They are using hardware that they probably have overstock in from Z10's and Q10's after a huge write off. I can't see it being much over 400 bux.

Posted via CB10
    Um, latest OS leaks point to Z30 specs.

09-19-14 11:56 PM
    Um, latest OS leaks point to Z30 specs.

Okay... so still, a processor released in 2012... the specs of the device are not cutting edge top of the line. I just can't believe John Chen would try and sell a phone with those type of specs for 500 dollars. Maybe to the business world. But not the consumer world.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:13 AM
    Okay... so still, a processor released in 2012... the specs of the device are not cutting edge top of the line. I just can't believe John Chen would try and sell a phone with those type of specs for 500 dollars. Maybe to the business world. But not the consumer world.

Posted via CB10
    What makes you think they're still trying to target consumers? Far as anyone can tell, and what has been discussed ad nauseam here on CrackBerry, they aren't targeting consumers; well, at least not new consumers.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Never made any remark about the price or how advanced the tech is. Simply correcting you on the Z10/Q10 comment...

09-20-14 12:21 AM
    It wouldnt stop turning on no matter what I did! It was very weird, and hadn't happened before. I did all the things you said, too. Strange.
    09-20-14 02:52 PM
38 12