If I save an email as a draft and then send it after multiple edits, the recipients receive an email wherein after every apostrophe a forward slash has been inserted and the last few edits or changes I made before sending are not included.

This is frustrating as I use this phone for work and punctuation and a properly formatted email are important. I can't have my phone added weird punctuation or erasing edits.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so how have you remedied this?
    07-02-15 12:20 AM
    Which OS are you using?
    Which email service have you connected with the device?
    Can you give some details about how long the email was sitting as a draft before you sent it out?
    Is it possible to see an example of the Sent email?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:17 AM
    I have this exact problem and have noticed it for the last 4 months. Trying everything possible from taking battery out to resetting phone and calling BlackBerry customer service who wasn't any help at all.

I have a Q10 and OS 10.3.2.858 with verizon.

It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it puts a backslash right before an apostrophe and prior edits are deleted. So if I use the word "didn't", when I send the email, somehow it replaces the word with "didn\'t". It is so embarrassing when I send a work email and have to apologize to my clients. So for now, I have stopped sending emails from my BlackBerry.

I have also noticed this happening when I save drafts of emails and the latest draft not saving properly and returning to a prior version and the \ is inserted before any apostrophes. I type long emails for work and sometimes have to save them when I get interrupted. So if I type an email at noon and save it and then go back to it at 1 pm and type more and then save it again and I look to make sure all my recent changes have been saved and then I press saved again. I go do other things and when I go back later like say 4 pm, the latest version that was saved was not the 1 pm version but the noon version so all the work I did at 1 pm disappeared and the 12 noon version has the weird backslash before apostrophes.

I had switched from a q10 to a classic about 4 months ago and first saw this issue and thought it was a problem with the classic so I switched back to q10 but it also now appears in q10.

I have been a long time BlackBerry user since 2001 and have never switched phones but if BlackBerry does not resolve this major issue, it is going to lose serious corporate clients. I only use this phone for work and sending emails and now I can't even send emails without praying that the correct version is sent when I press the sent button.

I hope there's a fix to this. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 05:53 PM
    I have this exact problem and have noticed it for the last 4 months. Trying everything possible from taking battery out to resetting phone and calling BlackBerry customer service who wasn't any help at all.

I have a Q10 and OS 10.3.2.858 with verizon.

It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it puts a backslash right before an apostrophe and prior edits are deleted. So if I use the word "didn't", when I send the email, somehow it replaces the word with "didn\'t". It is so embarrassing when I send a work email and have to apologize to my clients. So for now, I have stopped sending emails from my BlackBerry.

I have also noticed this happening when I save drafts of emails and the latest draft not saving properly and returning to a prior version and the \ is inserted before any apostrophes. I type long emails for work and sometimes have to save them when I get interrupted. So if I type an email at noon and save it and then go back to it at 1 pm and type more and then save it again and I look to make sure all my recent changes have been saved and then I press saved again. I go do other things and when I go back later like say 4 pm, the latest version that was saved was not the 1 pm version but the noon version so all the work I did at 1 pm disappeared and the 12 noon version has the weird backslash before apostrophes.

I had switched from a q10 to a classic about 4 months ago and first saw this issue and thought it was a problem with the classic so I switched back to q10 but it also now appears in q10.

I have been a long time BlackBerry user since 2001 and have never switched phones but if BlackBerry does not resolve this major issue, it is going to lose serious corporate clients. I only use this phone for work and sending emails and now I can't even send emails without praying that the correct version is sent when I press the sent button.

I hope there's a fix to this. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    This has happened to me just once. Same exact situation where a \was inserted in place of an apostrophe. Relieved that I wasn't the only one but also a little concerned because it's happened to others.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-13-15 06:51 PM