Hey guys,

I don't know how I did it, but it happened...A glass of orange juice destroyed my phone
    However, I can still turn it on (when the charger is plugged in) and the blackberry sign and afterwards the battery sign appears. After a while a message shows up with a link to a webpage:
    KB35096-BlackBerry 10 smartphone will not startup and displays an image with a link to www.bberror.com/bb10-0020

The battery is dead! Is it possible to repair it? Any ideas?

Thanks!
    01-29-15 03:45 PM
    Hey guys,

I don't know how I did it, but it happened...A glass of orange juice destroyed my phone
    However, I can still turn it on (when the charger is plugged in) and the blackberry sign and afterwards the battery sign appears. After a while a message shows up with a link to a webpage:
    KB35096-BlackBerry 10 smartphone will not startup and displays an image with a link to www.bberror.com/bb10-0020

The battery is dead! Is it possible to repair it? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sorry...

Replacing the battery, that isn't too hard. But knowing that it's only the battery that you need.... I bet you have more damage than just that. You can try the battery, and if that doesn't work see if there is a local shop that works on water damaged smartphone - and what their minim fee is.

Water damage is one reason that having a removable battery is important... or that water resistance is a pretty cool "feature" that some manufacturers are starting to included. Have to hope that with new devices that BlackBerry considers it...
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-29-15 03:58 PM
    Sorry...

Replacing the battery, that isn't too hard. But knowing that it's only the battery that you need.... I bet you have more damage than just that. You can try the battery, and if that doesn't work see if there is a local shop that works on water damaged smartphone - and what their minim fee is.

Water damage is one reason that having a removable battery is important... or that water resistance is a pretty cool "feature" that some manufacturers are starting to included. Have to hope that with new devices that BlackBerry considers it...
    Or even a completely water proof phone. And instead of a charging port, it can use wireless charger

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 04:06 PM
    OK...but where do I get a new battery and how do i change it?
    01-29-15 04:41 PM
    Or even a completely water proof phone. And instead of a charging port, it can use wireless charger

Posted via CB10
    No, relying fully on wireless is a terrible idea. That would mean getting a wireless charging device for your car, only being able to charge when you're with someone who has one, needing to carry one around with you everywhere, and also limits the ability to use slimport/hdmi features. NONE of my friends have a smart tv I can use miracast with. No offense, but it'll be a really bad idea to have to rely solely on that one way to charge. Well, in my opinion of course.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-29-15 06:28 PM
    Put it in a bag of rice for two days...

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 06:37 PM
    You have a couple of secondary probs beside the water content, your orange juice will contain natural sugars and orange juice is mildly acid, neither of which is good for electronics. I hesitate to recommend a solution to this as the wrong substance could do more harm than good. I suspect isopropyl alcohol would do the trick but on your own head be it

Passport or Z10, whichever is nearest
    01-29-15 07:05 PM
    Put it in a bag of rice for two days...

Posted via CB10
    Second that. Done this before and the rice soaks it all up. Worked for me when my phone got water in it. Unsure about rice and orange. Worth a try

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:56 PM