I've loved my Bold 9900, but have accepted BB will never go back to that, so must accept the present/future, so I've got a Classic. I know there are other threads on this subject, but after nearly a week of trying this & that, my frustration that Blackberry took away the sync of notes & tasks with Outlook is growing. I have over 500 notes and close to 100 tasks, which were migrated from Bold 9900 to Classic no problem.

I phoned Blackberry and they were super nice about it. Their recommendation is to use Evernote now. I value my security (hence a blackberry), so I don't want my info in the "cloud".

CompanionLink:

So I checked out CompanionLink using direct USB connection and DejaHub app. Here are the installation/setup steps:

- Install dejaHub on BB Classic (via blackberry world).
    - dejaHub settings: only check 'Sync with PC USB'
    - Settings > Security > Application Settings > dejaHub > ensure that 'shared files' and 'notebooks' are enabled.
    - Install companionlink (CL) on PC (I'm running windows 7).
    - CL settings: From: Outlook, With: Blackberry 10 Series, Direct USB.
    - CL Outlook Settings: Tasks & Notes, sync both ways; Deletion preferences: Records deleted in either Blackberry or Outlook will be synchronized.
    - CL Outlook Advanced SEttings: Check 'Tranfer Completed Tasks'

Here are the sync steps (thanks to CompanionLink support for quick email replies):

- back everything up!
    - Connect BB to USB cable
    - For the first sync, Open CompanionLink on PC and go to Options and check both options to reread Outlook and Blackberry data on the next sync.
    - Open DejaHub and press 'synchronize'
    - Open CompanionLink if it doesn't open on its own.
    - CompanionLink says "reading on PC: notes & tasks" and counts through all of them.
    - BB dejahub says "synchronization complete".
    - CompanionLink shows "syncstatus" popup which says "closing bb" (not responding) for a few minutes. The app freezes - just need to wait for it.
    - CompanionLink pops up "To finish the sync" - DejaHub: Wait for DejaHub to say 'synchronization complete' (it said that awhile ago). I click OK button.
    - I check outlook and the BB and no syncs have taken place. Outlook is missing a new note created on BB. BB is missing new task created in Outlook.
    - Left voicemail for CompanionLink & sent them an email today, but no response yet.
    - Frustration.

Troubleshooting:

- I tried creating a separate note folder with a test note to see if that would sync. No luck.
    - I tried to use dejaHub to purge all notes and try a fresh sync, but although dejaHub was able to purge all my contacts, it wouldn't purge my notes.
    - Some other stuff I can't remember now.

Evernote:

Here are the steps:

- Installed evernote software on PC.
    - Install Evernote app on BB & sign in.
    - Settings > Account > add an Evernote account
    - Settings > Security > Application Settings > Evernote > ensure that 'shared files' is enabled.
    - Open Remember > Notes > You should see a new folder called 'evernote'. If you don't see a new folder called 'evernote', then re-add your evernote account. Repeat until that folder shows up.
    - Okay great... now what....
    - Manually 1-by-1 move each note from the 'All Notes' folder to the 'evernote' folder. You can bulk delete, but cannot bulk move - does someone know how to bulk move notes from 1 folder to another? Fool that I am, i started this process .. and soon realized for 500 notes it was going to take hours & hours. so I was out.

Notes only?
    Tasks don't actually sync properly with BB Classic & Evernote. They just show up as notes in BB Classic. At this point I've given up on getting tasks to sync. I thought maybe if they were visible in the calendar, then they would sync with the calendar, but no that trial didn't work. I'll be happy with just notes sync. Tasks will have to be manually moved to 2 spots:
    1. A note with an ordered todo list
    2. Calendar entries for important deadlines.

gsyncit for notes:

So then I discovered gsyncit, which syncs Outlook to Evernote. Seriously, this is getting a bit crazy. Outlook to gsyncit to evernote to Blackberry. Notes are likely to get mangled with that many hops, but okay, what other choice do I have?

- Installed evernote software on PC. Created a new folder called 'outlook-notes'
    - Installed gsyncit on PC.
    - gsyncit > Evernote Sync > Notes Sync > New .
    - You need to authorize gsyncit to access your evernote account. more & more sketched out by how much access I'm dishing out to my notes, but soon the sharks will be circling, so whatever.
    - Notebook: outlook-notes
    - Sync Options: pick what you like.
    - The trial of gsyncit only does 50 notes, so I gave it a try. You have to hit the 'sync' option from the gsyncit toolbar.
    - Worked great from Outlook to Evernote. Then also from Evernote to BB Classic - the "outlook-notes' folder appeared on blackberry with 50 notes. Holy bejeepers! (There is a 5-10 minute lag arriving on BB Classic, but I won't complain)
    - Let's try it out the other way - I edit a note on BB Classic. Give it 5-10 mins to arrive in Evernote. All looks good.
    - gsyncit from Evernote to Outlook... sigh. If there is blank line in a note edited on BB, it gets removed along with an extra carriage return, so that:
    apples
    oranges

bananas

Becomes:
    apples
    orangesbananas

- I tried tweaking several setting without any luck
    - I've emailed their support to see if they have any suggestions.
    - The one great thing about this is at least it provides a way to avoid having to manually move all 500 notes 1-by-1 to evernote.

If anyone has other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
    I'm tempted to return the Classic and stick the bold 9900 over such a silly thing, but i must embrace the future/present.
    jamiehoang2805 and kjmcl528 like this.
    09-11-15 10:53 PM
    I'll have to try this sounds interesting.
    I haven't had the issues you described with Evernote.
    Notebooks sync to Remember as soon as I add them. Items added to a notebook syncs, sometimes it doesn't, then I open Evernote and they do. Did you add the Evernote account to the phone and in the app?

Tasks with outlook sync instantly. Wish notes would sync, but MS wants you to use their spify OneNotes app. Will definitely be trying your method and see how it goes, thanks for the post.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-12-15 12:37 AM
    Tasks with outlook sync instantly. Wish notes would sync, but MS wants you to use their spify OneNotes app. Will definitely be trying your method and see how it goes, thanks for the post.
    When you say outlook, do you mean an outlook.com account or offline outlook on PC? I'm trying to sync to offline outlook on PC. If that's what you mean, I'd like to know how you get your tasks to sync?
    09-12-15 03:24 PM
    So I finally got tasks & notes to sync from Blackberry to my offline Outlook on PC (not an outlook.com account). Here is how:

Here is how I managed to get companionLink to sync BB 10 tasks & notes with Outlook via USB.
    1. Use CompanionLink to keep Outlook and DejaOffice in sync.
    2. Use DejaHub to keep Remember and DejaOffice in sync.
    Basically DejaOffice is the middle-man.

Setup / Installation steps:
    - back everything up!
    - Install DejaOffice on BB Classic (via blackberry world).
    - dejaOffice settings > Sync Method = USB.
    - dejaHub settings: Check 'Sync with DejaOffice' and 'DejaTasks & DejaMemos'
    - Settings > Security > Application Settings > dejaHub > ensure that 'shared files' and 'notebooks' are enabled.
    - CL settings: From Outlook, With Blackberry 10 Series, Direct USB.
    - CL Outlook Settings: Tasks & Notes, sync both ways; Deletion preferences: Records deleted in either Blackberry or Outlook will be synchronized.

Here are the sync steps summary to get data from Outlook to BB:
    - back everything up!
    - Connect BB to USB cable.
    - For the first sync, Open CompanionLink on PC and go to Options and check both options to reread Outlook and Blackberry data on the next sync. Optionally you can also say for it to wipe all blackberry data.
    - Open DejaOffice and press 'Sync'. This should launch the CompanionLink software on PC.
    - CompanionLink shows "syncstatus" popup which says "closing bb" (not responding) for a few minutes. The app freezes - just need to wait for it.
    - Wait for the CompanionLink completion to pop up - 'To finish sync'. Click OK.
    - Check DejaOffice. You should see all your notes & tasks there.
    - Open DejaHub and press 'Synchronize'.
    - This should copy all the notes & tasks from DejaOffice into the "DejaOffice Tasks" and "DejaOffice Memos" folders in Remember.

Getting data from BB to Outlook.
    - back everything up!
    - Connect BB to USB cable.
    - Open DejaHub and press 'Synchronize' to push task & notes changes to DejaOffice.
    - Check DejaOffice and make sure the changes are there.
    - In DejaOffice press the 'SYnc' button.
    - Wait for CompanionLink to finish on PC and verify all details were copied.

Bugs: If you change just the alarm date on a task on BB, it doesn't get synced to DejaOffice and consequently not to Outlook.
    dpgo and zocster like this.
    09-12-15 03:27 PM
    When you say outlook, do you mean an outlook.com account or offline outlook on PC? I'm trying to sync to offline outlook on PC. If that's what you mean, I'd like to know how you get your tasks to sync?
    I meant outlook.com

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-12-15 04:15 PM
    So another update and another simpler solution that doesn't require DejaOffice! (Oh, side note: developers of gsyncit are working on a patch for the bug reported in the original post).

To recap, I'm trying to sync Blackberry Classic 10.3.2 using DejaHub to MS Outlook 2010 via USB connection using CompanionLink build 7008. I'm only trying to sync notes & tasks.

Here is how I managed to finally get CompanionLink to sync BB 10 tasks & notes with Outlook via USB (no outlook.com account) using only DejaHub:

Setup / Installation steps:
    - back everything up!
    - Uninstall DejaOffice if you have it installed
    - Uninstall DejaHub if you have it installed.
    - Restart your Blackberry
    - Connect Blackberry via USB to PC. (if not already)
    - Navigate to <mapped-drive>:\misc\android\clusb (if it exists) and delete all files. THe mapped-drive is usually z:\. These directories contain companionlink data and old settings may prevent this setup/sync from working (my theory).
    - dejaHub settings: Check 'Sync with PC USB' and 'DejaTasks & DejaMemos'
    - On BB: Settings > Security > Application Settings > dejaHub > ensure that 'shared files' and 'notebooks' are enabled.
    - CL settings: From Outlook, With Blackberry 10 Series, Direct USB.
    - Open Outlook and ensure the CL add-on is enabled. For 2010: File > Options > Add-ins > Manage: COM Add-ins hit 'Go'. Check that 'CompanionLink Outlook Add-in' is checked off. if no, then check it.
    - Close or restart Outlook.
    - Now you should be ready to go.

sync steps to get Outlook data to/from BB:
    - back everything up!
    - Connect BB to USB cable. (if not already)
    - For the first sync, Open CompanionLink on PC and go to Options and check both options to reread Outlook and Blackberry data on the next sync. Optionally you can also say for it to wipe all blackberry data.
    - Open DejaHub and press 'Sync'. This should launch the CompanionLink software on PC (it may take a minute or so). Note: the first time I did this nothing happened. I tried again 10 mins later and it worked.
    - In Remember, you should see new folders called 'DejaOffice Tasks' and 'DejaOffice Memos' appear.
    - Wait for the CompanionLink completion to pop up - 'To finish sync'. Click OK.
    - Check Remember, you should see all your notes & tasks there. (It may take a few minutes to finish writing - BB10 seems slow)
    - This should copy all the notes & tasks from DejaOffice into the "DejaOffice Tasks" and "DejaOffice Memos" folders in Remember.

I've tested this both ways and seems to sync well. Even deletions.
    dpgo likes this.
    09-12-15 10:01 PM
    Just heard that the issue mentioned in the original post has been patched today in gSyncit v4.1.4. Nice turnaround time! I haven't tested it yet though.
    09-13-15 10:00 AM
    Nice news man! And the good thing is that Deja office is multiplatform so it guarantee a way to move your data if in future you change of os.

btw, Are u using the official dejaOffice 2.4.1 for BlackBerry? Have u tried any new version from android?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 02:48 PM
    How on earth do I get Gsyncit on my BlackBerry Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bcuffy; 12-12-15 at 04:49 PM.
    12-07-15 07:00 PM
    I didnt like Deja app interface, very slow and limited views
    For notes, evernote seems to be fine
    For tasks, there are no way to keep all outlook fields syncing anyway with BlackBerry, so i give up using outlook for tasks and started using Toodledo with Toddle tasks for BB10. Very satisfied so far

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 08:20 PM