Hello to everybody,

just received my brand new Classic. After booting up, I noticed that two keys "F" and "J" just appears slightly dimmer than compared to the rest.
    Havent�t taken pictures yet. Will try tomorrow, although i think it is pretty hard to capture this variation in brightness.

Someone else here?

Here at Crackberry i�m reading about the classic things like: Display bleeding (which i noticed as well on mine), skew Trackpad etc... which mostly BB users tolerate and don�t get bothered.

Does this keyboard backlight inconstancy belong to one of them?

I find these Quality blemishes sum up quite a bit...
    01-22-16 02:48 PM
    If it's just a tiny difference does it matter at all? I had the same issue with Q10. But it didn't bother me at all. I were completely happy with it. So, just try to enjoy your new Classic!

P.S. I have one dead (black) pixel on my Classic's screen and even that can't take my joy away. I just love to type on this keyboard after my PassPort...

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 02:58 PM
    Yes it is like this on mine as well but trust me that's the least of your worries. Unless yours is really bad I'd leave it.

When was yours made?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    01-22-16 04:20 PM
    F key is dimmer than the rest on mine too. I don't notice it unless I actively scrutinize. Keep on keeping on; Classic is still the phone for me.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-22-16 06:18 PM
    Yes, I had inconsistent backlight on my Classic KB too. Also light bleed. It wasn't a comfortable experience for me and I went back to my Q10 and eventually bought another used Passport. Typing on the PP KB is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 06:49 PM
    Boy you have good eye's, Had to good really close BUT you may right. Not an issue for me.
    01-22-16 07:44 PM
    hey guys,

thanks a lot for all your helpful comments. I do have pretty good eyes and notice inconstancies immediately. Maybe i should try to get a job in the Field of Quality Management.

I think i will get used to this characteristics. Own a Q10 for 2 years or so, destroyed to SIM card reader. Went to an iPhone 5, for the past six months. Never got used to the virtual keyboard, missed the BB Hub.

I�m already in love with the Classic.
    01-23-16 03:45 AM
    The BlackBerry menu key on my Classic was more illuminated than all the other keys, which I thought was cool. I did send the unit back though (today!) for a replacement unit because the back and end call key felt really loose and wobbly. Sometimes they would also make an awful loud creaky sound which bothered me.
    Hoping to receive the new one this upcoming week.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 04:51 AM