Slagman5 I've been waiting on your phone to arrive and am patiently awaiting your review of it . How is the screen size adjustment coming from the Passport? First impressions, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Hey, the phone already arrived, but waiting on the holster so I can actually use it. I absolutely do not pocket my phones and refuse to use it that way as a daily driver. I never bought the Passport. Impressive specs but need the full keyboard. :-) I will definitely post my thoughts as soon as I've used it for a full day or two.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-22-14 08:04 PM
    Nice. However there are a bunch of grammatical errors in your post that should be fixed and then this should become a sticky.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-22-14 10:45 PM
    Nice. However there are a bunch of grammatical errors in your post that should be fixed and then this should become a sticky.

Posted via CB10
    Um, most of it wasn't even using complete sentences...

12-22-14 11:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly how many errors justifies the use of the word "bunch" when describing the number of errors? Was that statement really necessary?
    12-22-14 11:15 PM
    I got classic yesterday, it is cool, but seems just one speaker works, another does not have ant sound.
    Is this all right? I mean the blackberry factory suppose to like that? ( one is real one, another is fake one, same with iphone5S?)
    Yes, I added this to the list. The right one is a speaker the left is supposedly a microphone...

12-22-14 11:16 PM
    Exactly how many errors justifies the use of the word "bunch" when describing the number of errors? Was that statement really necessary?
    Well, "Nice." is an incomplete sentence, but none of my business... ;-)

12-22-14 11:17 PM
    Well, "Nice." is an incomplete sentence, but none of my business... ;-)

Five minutes in the penalty box for illegal use of grammar while correcting another man's grammar.

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    12-23-14 01:17 AM
    I got classic yesterday, it is cool, but seems just one speaker works, another does not have ant sound.
    Is this all right? I mean the blackberry factory suppose to like that? ( one is real one, another is fake one, same with iphone5S?)
    Yes this is 'normal'. It was even mentioned in the CB review, but no reason was given. Until somebody has a better explanation, I will tend to believe that they wanted to get the HW prepared for stereo speakers, but then decided to go for one speaker only, to keep it as cheap as possible.
    However, I found the sound quality to be OK, even with one speaker only.
    12-23-14 01:56 AM
    Nicely done.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-23-14 02:18 AM
    Is the Classic a Foxconn device and made in China?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 02:18 AM
    Is the Classic a Foxconn device and made in China?

Posted via CB10
    China: yes.
    Foxconn: it doesn't say so, but I guess yes (BB doesn't cooperate with another manufacturer that has production facilities in China, afaik).
    12-23-14 02:44 AM
    Can you advise the best thread for side loading Android Apps to the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:02 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    How is the keyboard compared to the Q10? Some people are saying that it's the same one from the Q10 and some is saying the classic keyboard is bigger. I used the 9900 and the Q10 extensively and if the keyboard on the classic like the 9900, I'm sold.

Posted via CB10
    We have a Classic sale!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:12 AM
    Can you advise the best thread for side loading Android Apps to the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    You don't need to "sideload" apps anymore... You download and install them via the appstores like you would with BB apps except with one extra step of clicking the install button after you download them. I sent you a PM about the only app you'll need to sideload anymore.

Mr4aces likes this.
    12-23-14 09:20 AM
    China: yes.
    Foxconn: it doesn't say so, but I guess yes (BB doesn't cooperate with another manufacturer that has production facilities in China, afaik).
    That is my understanding of it as well, how sure are we? I would like to add this to the list.

12-23-14 09:20 AM
    How is the keyboard compared to the Q10? Some people are saying that it's the same one from the Q10 and some is saying the classic keyboard is bigger. I used the 9900 and the Q10 extensively and if the keyboard on the classic like the 9900, I'm sold.

Posted via CB10
    To fully answer your question, I've tried typing on the Classic, and while I can't visually say that the keyboard is significantly larger than the Q10, I could say that it's even more comfortable typing on it. However little bit it is larger it seems to be enough to make it easier to type. I've noticed that I'm not nudging other keys as much while pressing down on one key for example, so the typing feels easier. I hope it wasn't just my imagination, but it did feel really good to type on.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-23-14 10:02 AM
    That is my understanding of it as well, how sure are we? I would like to add this to the list.

I am sure that I have not read nor heard of any other Chinese/Taiwanese manufacturing cooperation than with Foxconn. However, I cannot guarantee to not having overlooked something in the immenseness of the Internet.
    China is confirmed, as it was printed on the box.
    12-23-14 10:18 AM
    You don't need to "sideload" apps anymore... You download and install them via the appstores like you would with BB apps except with one extra step of clicking the install button after you download them. I sent you a PM about the only app you'll need to sideload anymore.

Thanks for the PM, uploaded vnbb10. Where do I upload Snap on the PC, then move it to Classic with vnBB10?
    12-23-14 04:45 PM
    Thanks for the PM, uploaded vnbb10. Where do I upload Snap on the PC, then move it to Classic with vnBB10?
    You install it on your BB using vnBB10. After you put your phone on development mode and connect it to vnBB10, you select the snap bar, then click on install.

Mr4aces likes this.
    12-23-14 05:06 PM
    Does ESPN FANTASY FOOTBALL work fluidly with Blackberry Classic?
    12-23-14 07:32 PM
    Can you do volume adjustment with headphones in use?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:50 PM
    Can you do volume adjustment with headphones in use?

Posted via CB10
    You mean while listening to media? If so, testing it now with Neutron and it works fine. Using wired headset, the premium ones that came with BB before the latest premium headphones.
    12-23-14 11:18 PM
    Merry Christmas Slagman and all CrackBerry Heads

Hmmm I'm having prime rib tomorrow!

BTW It's going to take awhile, but the more I use the Classic better I like it. So many plus' offset any negatives.

Again great thread. So much to learn on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 02:04 PM
    Merry Christmas Slagman and all CrackBerry Heads

Hmmm I'm having prime rib tomorrow!

BTW It's going to take awhile, but the more I use the Classic better I like it. So many plus' offset any negatives.

Again great thread. So much to learn on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Merry Christmas to you as well and everyone else. I hope you enjoy the Classic. Hopefully they do add more of the legacy features back with future updates. Will be a perfect device if that happens. :-)

12-24-14 02:16 PM
    Here's a link to help OS7 users switching to BB10 for loading vnBB10 which will load Snap on your Classic.
    vnBB10 ? Utility for Side-load app from bar files into BlackBerry 10 and get Hardware ID | vnbb's blog
    I'm liking this Classic more.
    12-24-14 04:38 PM
144 12345 ...