READ THESE QUESTIONS FIRST TO SEE IF YOUR QUESTION IS ALREADY ANSWERED BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!

Alright, not to appoint myself the Sheriff or anything, I don't mind at all if a moderator took this over and removed me as OP, just as long as this post is made. I just see the same questions being asked over and over and way too many odd assumptions about the phone, I want to just clump it all together and try to answer every question. And please add/correct anything, I will try to update the thread as much as I can to keep the list up to date. So let's start:

Does the Classic support wireless charging?
    SQC100-2 (AT&T): Optimized for PMA mats, Compatible with most Qi mats
    SQC100-3 (Verizon): Optimized for Qi mats, Compatible with most PMA mats
    SQC100-5 (Verizon): Optimized for Qi mats, Compatible with most PMA mats

What CPU does the Classic have?
    Qualcomm MSM 8960 1.5GHz

How many cores is the Classic's CPU?

What GPU does it have?
    The MSM 8960 has an Adreno 225 GPU built in.

Will the Classic have the 13MP OIS camera the Passport has?
    No, it'll have a 8MP auto-focus camera out back and a 2MP camera in front.

Is the screen LCD or AMOLED?
    LCD

What is the screen resolution?
    720x720

What is the size of the screen?
    3.5" diagonally (8.89cm)

Wait, *does calculations* but that means the screen will have lower PPI than the Q10?
    Yes, it will have 294PPI, but remember, it's a different technology (LCD vs AMOLED) and their sharpness are not directly comparable with PPI alone. LCD's look sharper than AMOLED of the same PPI, so take a look at the screen for yourself before you judge.

How much RAM does it have?
    2GB

How much internal flash storage will it have?
    16GB

Can you expand its memory?
    Yes, you can expand its memory with a micro-SD card up to 128GB

What battery size does it have?
    Official specs say 2515mah (minimum). And yes, the official specs actually have the "minimum" in it. I wonder what that could mean.

Is the battery removable?
    No, it is a fixed battery.

Will it have micro-HDMI?
    No, but it will retain the ability to stream out video via HDMI (and also VGA) via SlimPort which doubles as the micro-USB port for charging and regular connecting to your computer.

But, now you can't use the video out and charge the phone at the same time?
    Yes you can, the SlimPort to HDMI adapters have a micro-USB port in them to allow for charging while you're using it to video out.

Does the Classic have USB On-The-Go?
    Yes

Does it have a FM tuner?
    Yes, just like previous devices with it like the Q10 and Z30, you'll need to use headphones as it uses that as the antenna.

Will it have NFC?
    Yes

Is the toolbelt one piece or are the buttons all separate?
    One piece

Do the buttons on the toolbelt click or are they capacitive?
    They click

Does the trackpad light up?
    No

Is the keyboard capacitive like the Passport?
    NO

Are you sure the keyboard isn't capacitive?
    YES!

But shouldn't the keyboard be capacitive like the Passport?
    NO!

Will it have a touchscreen?
    Yes

Can you turn off the touchscreen?
    No

Can you install BBOS 7 on it? I will really miss the spinning clock!
    NO!

Does the Classic use BIS?
    No

Does that mean email will no longer be pushed to the phone?
    Yes and no. Yes, in that in the traditional method where emails were pushed to the phone via BIS, that no longer happens. But if you use a service that supports activesync, such as Outlook, it will push to your phones instantly like before.

Does it have a convenience key?
    No

What size SIM does it take?
    Nano

What OS is installed at launch?

Does it have charging contacts like legacy devices?
    No, but some models have wireless charging as stated on top.

What version is being sold right now by Amazon.com (US) and shopblackberry.com?
    SQC100-4

Where can I buy a SQC100-2?
    It is available now in AT&T stores, on their website, and on Amazon.com

Where can I buy a SQC100-3
    It is available now in Verizon stores and on their website.

Will the Classic work on my carrier?
    Depending on the model and the carrier, the Classic will have different versions. It's too much info for me to copy and paste into here, plus, raino worked real hard to provide us all with a very clear chart and FAQ for the different versions and what bands they have, so here's the link:
    BlackBerry Classic Models and Supported Frequencies

Does the Classic's browser support Flash?
    I believe as of 10.3.1, across all devices that will have it, not just the Classic, Flash is gone.

Does it have a glass weave back like the Z30 or the Q10?
    No, it does not have a glass weave back.

Is the frame metal or plastic?
    The frame/bezel is made out of stainless steel.

Is that stainless steel more like the white Q10's frame or like the Bold 9900?
    It is SLIGHTLY shinier than the white Q10's stainless steel frame finish, but not nearly as polished and shiny as the Bold 9900 (thank goodness...). So it's kind of like a shiny satin finish, which looks really professional and clean.

How much does it cost?
    The phone goes for anywhere between $400 - $450

Does it have a Paratek antenna?
    Yes

How much does the phone weigh?
    178g / 6.28oz

Will the Classic come in different colors?
    Right now black is out, and now white, bronze, and blue are confirmed to be coming.

I am on AT&T and my MMS messages are not working correctly. What could be the issue?
    Most likely there is a problem with the APN settings. Here are the instructions on how to fix it:
    APN and MMS settings for ATT

Does the Classic have dual speakers?
    Sadly, no, the two grills on the bottom are deceiving. The one on the right is the speaker, the one on the left is one of the microphones.

Where and by whom is this device made?
    China by Foxconn (needs verification)

What are the two holes by the power button?
    Microphones for when you're shooting movies and maybe for other things as well.

Is the trackpad capacitive or optical?
    The trackpad is optical like legacy devices. That means using it with gloves is fine.

If anyone can think of any other question, whether you have the answer to it or not, please comment and I'll add them to the list. :-) Feel free to post pics too.
    Last edited by slagman5; 03-11-15 at 09:51 AM.
    12-19-14 11:14 PM
    Nice. How about antenna?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-19-14 11:19 PM
    Nice. How about antenna?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    Hm, good question, what about the antenna???

Edit: I've added the question, hopefully someone answers it so I can add the answer.
    12-19-14 11:35 PM
    Great post - hopefully it's referred to rather than more threads being opened, and repetitive questions

*Thumbs Up*

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 and ponpiri like this.
    12-20-14 12:49 AM
    Other than frequency support, what EXACTLY is the difference between the various versions of the Classic? Does the -4 variant support wireless charging? If so, which flavor?
    12-20-14 01:11 AM
    Other than frequency support, what EXACTLY is the difference between the various versions of the Classic? Does the -4 variant support wireless charging? If so, which flavor?
    Only the ClassicSQC100-2 and -3 Variants Support Wireless Charging.

The -2 is for AT&T, the -3 for Verizon.

Otherwise, same devices.

Posted via CB10
    John Crist likes this.
    12-20-14 01:27 AM
    Sounds good, it's a shame the -4 doesn't support wireless charging, though that isn't too much of a bummer as any phone I've had that supported it didn't traditionally have that particular featured used often, if at all. Can't miss what I never really used to begin with :P

Here's the being anxious for my Classic to come in via Amazon on Monday
    12-20-14 01:31 AM
    EDIT: Ahh, I have to post 10 times before my posts go live right away. Got it :P
    Last edited by John Crist; 12-20-14 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Double Post
    12-20-14 01:34 AM
    OS is 1154.

Posted Via The Classic
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-20-14 01:39 AM
    Looks like pricing on Canadian carriers with 2 year contract is $49. Yes, that seems really cheap but several resources confirm it.

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    12-20-14 02:01 AM
    Where are the Classics made?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:21 AM
    Mine says 'made in China'

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-20-14 05:01 AM
    MicroSD: is there more than one size microSD?
    12-20-14 05:18 AM
    You forgot weight since it's a hot topic currently.
    12-20-14 05:24 AM
    Is it going to be possible to R & R hardware to get PMA wireless charging when parts become available in the future?

I can foresee the slim port and the fixed battery being R & R after 2 years.
    12-20-14 05:30 AM
    There have been several threads on moving from OS7 to BB10. I'm concern about cluttering up the new device with unwanted items from OS7.

Please advise how to safely transfer contacts only. Can this be done by moving files instead of sync?

This needs to be explained in depth and not by 100 so called experts. Just more confusion.

Internal vs expandable memory: Is there a protocol on what you keep on the micoSD?

I would hope that OP "silently acknowledge" their likes and thank yous without cluttering this thread by posting. This thread is going to be big and doesn't need unwanted post or smart a** comments.
    12-20-14 05:44 AM
    I am not even sure it that possible, just to transfer contacts using blackberry link. In the past, the only thing I backup was my contacts when I switch between BBOS devices. Does anyone know if it possible to just load the contacts file, that was created with blackberry desktop software, to a BB10 device using link without having the plug in the older BBOS device?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-20-14 08:25 AM
    I think the back material for the Classic is more closer to the Z3 rather than the passport.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-20-14 08:27 AM
    Is there a proper way to initially charge the battery? i.e. Cycle charging?
    12-20-14 09:12 AM
    There have been several threads on moving from OS7 to BB10. I'm concern about cluttering up the new device with unwanted items from OS7.

Please advise how to safely transfer contacts only. Can this be done by moving files instead of sync?

This needs to be explained in depth and not by 100 so called experts. Just more confusion.

Internal vs expandable memory: Is there a protocol on what you keep on the micoSD?

I would hope that OP "silently acknowledge" their likes and thank yous without cluttering this thread by posting. This thread is going to be big and doesn't need unwanted post or smart a** comments.
    Does your carrier have an app to Backup Contacts on their server? If so, just back up contacts on that and then your Classic should have the same app and you just run it on the Classic. If not you can always save all your contacts to a Gmail account and then add that Gmail account to your new phone with permission to access contacts.

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    12-20-14 09:42 AM
    Um, please look at the question in the FAQ "Will the Classic have wireless charging?"

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-20-14 11:23 AM
    MicroSD: is there more than one size microSD?
    What do you mean more than one size? Like in general is there more than one size on the market? More than one size supported by the Classic? Size as in physical size or capacity?

To try to answer as many of those possible questions as possible, there is only one physical size/shape/number of pins to be called a "micro-SD" since it is a standard, there are many capacities they come in, from 1MB to up to 256GB I think, but the Classic will only officially support UP TO 128GB, which means anything below that will work fine. And there's only one slot for micro-SD on the Classic.

12-20-14 11:28 AM
    You forgot weight since it's a hot topic currently.
    No, it isn't, lol. :-P

I might add it later, right now just making corrections to existing answers.

12-20-14 11:29 AM
    I think the back material for the Classic is more closer to the Z3 rather than the passport.
    Ok, if one additional user can verify this, I'll definitely make the correction, thanks. :-)

12-20-14 11:31 AM
    What do you mean more than one size? .......
    I thought I saw 2 different physical size microSD on Ebay. Great all microSD are the same physical size for phones. Went back to Ebay saw the microSD with adapter for "audio" which wouldn't apply.

Anyone one have preferred brand or problems with a specific brand?

Edit:There must be a dufference in microSD's the price range $10-$150. Is the Sandisk Ultra 128 Gb Microsd Extended Capacity [microsdxc] - Class 10/uhs-i - 30 Mbps Read - 1 Card (sdsdqui-128g-a46) that much better? Or is there a happy medium? No sense skimping now.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 12-20-14 at 02:58 PM.
    12-20-14 12:50 PM
144 123 ...