Hi,
    my wife's classic was switched off due to battery drain out and now not charging,no red light, no battery sign.
    For the last two hour it is connected with its original charger but no luck.

We got that mobile one year ago from amazon and since then no any update of the software.

When connecting to pc no reaction.

Guys, I need help.......and ideas.

Thanks
    12-18-15 09:56 PM
    Plug it into a computer and see if it reads it?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 10:14 PM
    Plug it into a computer and see if it reads it?

Posted via CB10
    When connecting to pc no reaction.
    12-18-15 11:00 PM
    Could always try taking it to one of those cell phone repair stores we see more common in malls now.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 11:05 PM
    12-19-15 03:04 AM
    I once had a Classic that would not boot past an error screen and a Mobilifix store was able to get it to fully boot; different than your problem but they could probably help you out. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 10:52 AM
    Connect it to a charger and press the power button. Hold it down for a minute. My Z30 had a similar problem once, and that's how I got it to work. Hope it helps.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 11:34 AM
    Blackberry expert center Singapore diagnosed hardware problem, not the drained battery.......
    Amazon informed me that warranty of BBery is only one year, the above happened one year and two days after the purchase.....
    A Chinese technician asked for abt 100$ for repairing it (change of power supply IC) he did it with two days....

International warranty of Blackberry is a joke for someone that moving around the globe.
    12-23-15 10:46 AM
    It happened again.....but this time I was brave and I had the proper tools.
    Dead phone, no lights, no hope!
    I did a small research on how to open the BB Classic and I did it!
    After removing the battery cover I had to release the two small screws of the battery clip then battery was disconnected. I was waiting for few seconds and then connected the usb charger. In this stage no indication but when pressed the power button the red light flashed and a red battery icon (I can't recall if it was with X or ! mark) was appeared on the screen.
    I was waiting for few minutes and then battery connected back, mobile charged within next two hours and since then working perfectly.

PS nothing was replaced from the Chinese guy from Singapore, he ripped me off! Even if it's a hardware problem , as Blackberry service was advising, I know how to revive it.
    08-11-16 04:33 PM
    All I did was order a new USB port for $13. Fairly easy install. Corroded usb

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 06:04 PM
    Dead battery can be really dead or can be:

- No voltage: this often happens when the phone is not in use for a very long time, months or years, all juice run out and the voltage is flat at zero. Try a higher voltage/power charger, such as a playbook charger. Search for 'how to jump start a battery' for more information.

- Loose connection: I think there are a fair number of Classic out there got this problem. The phone is running normally and suddenly could not be charged. It may get back to normal after a while and often not charging again. Well, open it up to unplug and then re-plug the flex cable connection from the micro usb port to whatever it connects to.

- Damage micro usb port: nothing you can do, and the solution is obvious.

Other than the above, I don't know. But sure you need to send the phone away for repair.
    But of course, if you are still under warranty, don't try to open up the phone but send it back to BlackBerry.

Posted from my Passport
    08-12-16 07:45 AM
    It happened again.....but this time I was brave and I had the proper tools.
    Dead phone, no lights, no hope!
    I did a small research on how to open the BB Classic and I did it!
    After removing the battery cover I had to release the two small screws of the battery clip then battery was disconnected. I was waiting for few seconds and then connected the usb charger. In this stage no indication but when pressed the power button the red light flashed and a red battery icon (I can't recall if it was with X or ! mark) was appeared on the screen.
    I was waiting for few minutes and then battery connected back, mobile charged within next two hours and since then working perfectly.

PS nothing was replaced from the Chinese guy from Singapore, he ripped me off! Even if it's a hardware problem , as Blackberry service was advising, I know how to revive it.
    This worked for my Classic. Thanks so much.
    10-24-20 01:41 PM