basically anyone with a passport will say passport and anyone with a classic will say classic. my opinion is go put your hands on both. I like the classic because it's smaller and not as squared off.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    07-09-15 06:44 AM
    basically anyone with a passport will say passport and anyone with a classic will say classic. my opinion is go put your hands on both. I like the classic because it's smaller and not as squared off.

Posted via CB10
    Except the ones Who have or had both. I highly Prefer the classic

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 01:40 PM
    BlackBerry Passport is the best. That is why Passport price and specifications are higher. That is just plain simple.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 03:36 PM
    BlackBerry Passport is the best. That is why Passport price and specifications are higher. That is just plain simple.

Posted via CB10
    Yes Passport has the best specs. But for me it was too big for everyday use. I went with the classic. This discussion could go on forever like the chicken or the egg question.

 Classic
    WT44, CivilDissident and andy957 like this.
    07-09-15 03:51 PM
    I'm going to go to my local ATT store and check one out. Thanks.

The more I think about it, the more I want a new BB. One of the things I liked about my old one was that I could do almost everything with one hand. I effing HATE having to use two hands to use a phone.
    +1000!!! I also despise two handed operation. Really hate touch but can't get around it these days. I have a PassPort and it's a browsing powerhouse but it lives its life at the desk. If i'm going to use two hands to operate a device, i need a desk to set the coffee mug on... lol

I also have, and use, a Classic. Classic's tool belt and trackpad help to minimize interaction with the hated touch interface. Its processor isn't as fast as PassPort but Classic is, hands down, the BEST BB10 device offered to date, IMO. At least you won't be looking for a place to set your briefcase while operating the thing in your other hand.
    07-09-15 07:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    hahaha what? great example; beats headphones. overpriced junk. more expensice doesn't mean better

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident and Soul_Est like this.
    07-09-15 07:55 PM
    Classic if you want the actual feel of a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:38 AM
    Classic all the way - Passport is a niche device.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.840
    07-11-15 12:10 PM
    Best 'current' phone with a keyboard? YES! Hands down... The comfort cannot be matched...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 12:52 PM
    Well, finally checked out a BB classic today at a Verizon store. Can't believe they had to get it from the back of the store, it should be on display IMO.

Anyway, it's bigger than the curve I had but, I like that. It also has the damn touch screen but, it also has the full keyboard and toolbar and so I don't have to use the damn touchscreen if I don't want to. I like that as well.

I also like the way the OS looks compared to iOS (v7 and later) and Android. To me, the BB OS looks professional and that it was designed for professionals. iOS 7 and 8 look too girlish or tutti frutti for me. Android as well but not so much.

And the keyboard is a little bigger. I like that too.

The only thing I don't like is that you can't replace the battery. Call me paranoid but I wouldn't be surprised if we found out one day that the National Spying Agency has asked manufacturers to do this so that they can always turn on your phone if the want to. Plus you can't replace a low battery with a full one.

In short, I've decided I'm getting a BB classic (unless Sprint gets an equivalent BB phone in the next month). I really really like it. Can't wait to retire my 4s running iOS 6 even though the hardware and software have been great. I am an Apple fan but I just freaking hate touch screens on phones, pads, and computers. I can't count how many times my phone has pissed me off and giving me an urge to chuck it through a window, at a wall, or spike it into the ground. And not because it messed up, but because I messed up ever so slightly touching some part of the screen I wasn't supposed to touch. I never had this kind of frustration with my curve other than the browser was slow.

Now I hope that BB doesn't make a full switch to Android OS for touch screens. I'd hate to see that ugly OS replace the professional looking BB OS as well as probably kill the BB keyboard.

Can't wait to get one!
    idssteve and Xenolock like this.
    07-11-15 02:29 PM
    LOL, i'm no fan of touch either. Zero force, zero displacement, zero feedback, BIG response. Desired or not. My elderly parents' hands are too "shaky" for non-frustrating touch use. I've set up a modified lock app on 9900s for them and quite a few members of their community. It's an app the smart guys in my crew modified to keep the touch interface locked while the rest of the device works normally. Parents and "shaky handed" friends LOVE the devices. No clue if similar app might be possible for Classic but BB10 is somewhat less prone to accidental touches than the 99's touch was.
    07-11-15 03:07 PM
    Yes Passport has the best specs. But for me it was too big for everyday use. I went with the classic. This discussion could go on forever like the chicken or the egg question.

 Classic
    I am just pointing out to the OP because he was asking if classic is the best BlackBerry keyboard. I never intended to be conducted on any sort of discussion hahaha

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 07:51 PM
    hahaha what? great example; beats headphones. overpriced junk. more expensice doesn't mean better

Posted via CB10
    Just between a restaurant and a kafetaria right ? Price doesn't matter, all we need is just to fill our tummy

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 07:56 PM
    No. It's not. The Passport SLAYS it.

Old Radio Shows - C0012487D - this channel is shares excellent radio entertainment, available for streaming, from the 30's, 40's and 50's. TESO Adventures by CWC - C004F290E - this channel contains both an RPG-style log of the adventures on my online character, but will also include reflections on my experiences with the MMO Elder Scrolls Online.
    07-11-15 08:03 PM
    The Classic is the newest released with keyboard but the Passport has newer specs.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 09:32 PM
    Well, finally checked out a BB classic today at a Verizon store. Can't believe they had to get it from the back of the store, it should be on display IMO.

Anyway, it's bigger than the curve I had but, I like that. It also has the damn touch screen but, it also has the full keyboard and toolbar and so I don't have to use the damn touchscreen if I don't want to. I like that as well.

I also like the way the OS looks compared to iOS (v7 and later) and Android. To me, the BB OS looks professional and that it was designed for professionals. iOS 7 and 8 look too girlish or tutti frutti for me. Android as well but not so much.

And the keyboard is a little bigger. I like that too.

The only thing I don't like is that you can't replace the battery. Call me paranoid but I wouldn't be surprised if we found out one day that the National Spying Agency has asked manufacturers to do this so that they can always turn on your phone if the want to. Plus you can't replace a low battery with a full one.

In short, I've decided I'm getting a BB classic (unless Sprint gets an equivalent BB phone in the next month). I really really like it. Can't wait to retire my 4s running iOS 6 even though the hardware and software have been great. I am an Apple fan but I just freaking hate touch screens on phones, pads, and computers. I can't count how many times my phone has pissed me off and giving me an urge to chuck it through a window, at a wall, or spike it into the ground. And not because it messed up, but because I messed up ever so slightly touching some part of the screen I wasn't supposed to touch. I never had this kind of frustration with my curve other than the browser was slow.

Now I hope that BB doesn't make a full switch to Android OS for touch screens. I'd hate to see that ugly OS replace the professional looking BB OS as well as probably kill the BB keyboard.

Can't wait to get one!
    A damn touchscreen? Is that different from a amoled or haptic feedback? I've never tested a damn touchscreen...

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    07-11-15 10:46 PM
    I thought iphones didnt have removable batteries either so shouldnt be a deal breaker either way

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-11-15 10:59 PM
    I can't wait for the new BlackBerry **** to come out!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 11:13 PM
    I thought iphones didnt have removable batteries either so shouldnt be a deal breaker either way

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    It's not a deal breaker. Just a disappointment.
    idssteve likes this.
    07-12-15 07:09 PM
    The most powerful BlackBerry with a keyboard is the Passport, since it has a better processor.

But "the best" is a matter of opinion.

I have both and I'm really just so torn between which I like more. I got the Passport first and got the Classic when it came to T-Mobile. I thought I'd use it sometimes, but mainly stick to my Passport.... but I was wrong. I absolutely love the Classic.

I didn't think I missed the toolbelt since I hadn't had it since I sold my Bold 9900 after I got the Z10 when it launched. But the toolbelt is still as useful as ever, and the trackpad is so nice to have when browsing the Web (which I do a ton of).

I know the Classic's camera isn't as good, and it has older and slower internals, but I've never experienced anything that makes me feel like the Classic is outdated. I don't run any android apps, just Twitter, web browser, BBM, the weather app and CB10 pretty much.

I was so used to the Passport being a two handed phone that I forgot how great it is to hold a BlackBerry in one hand and use the trackpad to scroll down. I really like the Classic and think BlackBerry did a great job bridging the past to the present with the toolbelt and old school styling mixed with their modern OS.

Posted via CB10
    How it feels when switching between the normal keyboard and the passport keyboard?

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    07-12-15 07:34 PM
    How it feels when switching between the normal keyboard and the passport keyboard?

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    At first it felt weird, but now i do it a few times a week, so it's just normal. My brain has adapted and it's like riding a bike and driving a car.. I can easily do both and one isn't harder than the other.
    moegh likes this.
    07-13-15 02:47 AM
    I have the classic!! I tried passport and the classic at the same time and found I like the form factor and keyboard better of the classic. One handed use comes in handy all the time and the toolbelt is great for me accepting calls and hanging up with buttons the way to go!!
    idssteve likes this.
    07-16-15 12:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    He didn't say expensive is better. He said the specifications are higher that's why more expensive.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:03 AM
    I have the classic!! I tried passport and the classic at the same time and found I like the form factor and keyboard better of the classic. One handed use comes in handy all the time and the toolbelt is great for me accepting calls and hanging up with buttons the way to go!!
    Is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity of the classic trackpad? I feel it's kinda slow when trying to scroll down on Web pages. With the passport you pretty much control the speed with how fast your thumbs go.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:08 AM
    Well there are only two "current" BlackBerry pkb phones and they belong to different device lines, so in a sense the Classic is really your only option if you want a traditional qwerty phone.

The Passport also has a pkb but it is actually a hybrid as it utilizes a virtual 4th row - something that makes the experience completely different.

So what would you want - the 4 row or the 3 row hybrid?

Can't really say one is better than the other - it starts with your needs.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-16-15 08:09 AM
75 123