In terms of specs, the best BlackBerry with keyboard at the moment is the Passport.

 Z30 - 10.3.2.2204
    07-16-15 08:13 AM
    Strictly from a keyboard point of view, my all-time favorite was the 9900. It edged out the 8830 by a scant margin. The Classic has a very good keyboard, but I still say the 9900 rules supreme. As a Verizon user I can't comment on the Passport keyboard with any authority. My time with Passports is limited to folding demo units at AT&T stores for 5 or 10 minutes at a time. At first blush I'm not a fan of the Passport keyboard, but then folks who are totally enthralled with their Passports all say it takes a little time for it to grow on you and to master it.
    idssteve likes this.
    07-16-15 01:25 PM
    hahaha what? great example; beats headphones. overpriced junk. more expensice doesn't mean better

Posted via CB10
    Just curious have you ever tried the beats? Lol

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    07-16-15 02:37 PM
    Passport gives you screen real estate, heavy reading & writing, extensive use of visually rich apps (e.g Targetprocess - heavy project management app). My use of apps has increased 10 fold.

Classic gives you supreme pocketability, a toolbelt which makes making and taking calls a fundamental function. The Passport is unwieldy. The tradeoff with this big thing is I don't just take it out of my pocket without being sure of my environment and grip. With the Classic, it's as easy as looking at my watch. That's what I really gave up, the pocketability and one handed phone call which isn't enjoyable on the Passport.

For me switching between devices isn't convenient. The Passport's strengths (and weakness) from it's screen size and wider keyboard make this the more valuable device. I just do a lot more on it. The size of the q10 and classic made me choose not to bother with so many things.

Your use case will make the choice easy. I spend so little time actually making and receiving calls as writing messages is my norm.

The Passport has to be used for a number of weeks before it's proportions make any sense. In the beginning it was awkward. Now, everything else feels weird.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Pixel Spartan; 07-16-15 at 09:37 PM.
    andy957 likes this.
    07-16-15 04:53 PM
    The track pad doesn't operate the same as the older legacy devices it has limited use, I got interested watching BlackBerry showcase the Classic and purchased on launch date...I was excited when I had it in hand . It is a nice device but after finding this limited use track pad and only one speaker I quickly sold it. I'm back to rotating Z10, Z30 and Q10.
    I had the Passport too I loved how fast this baby was, but just too big for my work needs.
    Sold that too.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:59 PM
    Passport is the best keyboard phone. Plus, it has the power to run the Android apps that will keep you from losing many apps you run on your iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 09:03 PM
    If you're talking about power, Passport is definitely more powerful than Classic. But I use Classic due to the size and I like the look. It does look Classic when you compare with other BlackBerry� or even with other phones out there. It's all up to you preference. If you need qwerty, it's either these two devices. And they come with different colours too. But be aware, if you are the unlucky ones, you might get one with double typing problems.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-16-15 09:27 PM
    Is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity of the classic trackpad? I feel it's kinda slow when trying to scroll down on Web pages. With the passport you pretty much control the speed with how fast your thumbs go.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Goto Settings > Language and Input > Trackpad Sensitivity.

Posted via CB10 on the Classic.
    07-17-15 02:19 PM
    Does anybody know if you can use the classic on T-mobile for tethering? I'd like to nix my cox cable and have one less bill to pay.
    07-19-15 07:19 PM
    Does anybody know if you can use the classic on T-mobile for tethering? I'd like to nix my cox cable and have one less bill to pay.
    Sure, but you can't get rid of your cable. Even on an unlimiet plan, tethering is only 5gb. So, unless you don't use a lot of data, that won't work.

They did just come out with a 10 gb plan. But still, typical home internet usage is over 100gb per month.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 08:23 PM
    Thanks dale-c.

Didn't know that your typical home usage was 100gb either.
    07-21-15 08:54 PM
    Is it possible to import your iTunes library into the blackberry?

Also, is the GPS in it capable of getting signals from satellites?
    07-22-15 10:07 PM
    Ordered a BB classic today. Comes in Tuesday.
    Xenolock and idssteve like this.
    07-23-15 08:02 PM
    Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:59 AM
    Ordered a BB classic today. Comes in Tuesday.
    Welcome aboard! If you haven't yet, i recommend to give this keyboard shortcut listing a look:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...ard-shortcuts/

No need to learn them all at once. Just learn a couple at a time and practice incorporating them into your flow. Once hooked on pkb shortcuts, speed dial, toolbelt, etc... you just might wonder how you ever got along without them! Enjoy!
    07-28-15 01:06 PM
    Welcome aboard! If you haven't yet, i recommend to give this keyboard shortcut listing a look:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...ard-shortcuts/

No need to learn them all at once. Just learn a couple at a time and practice incorporating them into your flow. Once hooked on pkb shortcuts, speed dial, toolbelt, etc... you just might wonder how you ever got along without them! Enjoy!
    Thanks, just got home with it and really haven't had a chance yet to try it out. Most of what I've been doing is hitting wrong keys trying to figure it out. Thanks for the link, its obvious I need it...

Only two people have touched my blackberry so far (my boss and a t-mobile employee) and both of them loved it. It is a very nice looking phone. I just hope it reduces my massive frustration with touch screens. I know this one has a touch screen but its in addition to the keyboard and track pad. I'm hoping this works out...

Now to show it to my girlfriend...
    07-28-15 09:13 PM
    One thing I noticed with this phone was that the GPS worked before I turned on the phone service at t-mobile. It was very accurate from what I could see, I was under the impression that these units don't have satellite GPS. Not sure how cell towers could work if the phone wasn't turned on.
    07-28-15 09:27 PM
    Is it possible to have the phone display an analog clock while it's locked and getting charged in a dock? If so, how do you do you set it up?
    08-02-15 11:04 AM
    Is it possible to have the phone display an analog clock while it's locked and getting charged in a dock? If so, how do you do you set it up?
    When the phone is locked, pull down from the top to launch the Bedside mode. You can change what the clock looks like (analog vs digital) from the clock app.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my BlackBerry doesn't have an app for that.
    08-02-15 12:20 PM
    When the phone is locked, pull down from the top to launch the Bedside mode. You can change what the clock looks like (analog vs digital) from the clock app.
    ChrisLeNeve, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Now how do I set it up so that it stays on all the time? What happens is that it fads off after about 20 or so seconds...
    08-02-15 02:33 PM
    You can't AFAIK. I personally prefer it this way so it's never been an issue for me.

08-02-15 02:58 PM
    You can't AFAIK. I personally prefer it this way so it's never been an issue for me.

Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear, I was looking to use it as a bedside analog clock. I hope there is a blackberry world app for this...
    08-02-15 03:08 PM
    Is it possible to import your iTunes library into the blackberry?

Also, is the GPS in it capable of getting signals from satellites?
    There is a great app called Sync for iTunes by Daniel Bigham that I used to sync my ~25GB iTunes library to a microSD card and play it through my car stereo from my Z30 Bluetooth. Its available in BBWorld and it's perfect.
    08-02-15 09:16 PM
    I think the classic. It doesn't have as good of a processor as the passport, but I never have any lag.

I use mine, all day every day. For work and personal use. And it's holding out amazingly.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 09:12 AM
    No because the keyboard is sh#t. Double typing like a pro.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 06:06 PM
75 123