I'm having a bit of a saga with reception on my Classic. Bought a program at Telus yesterday. Got home and could not pick up Telus, but was roaming onto AT&T. I live a half mile from the US border which is famous for poor signal strength for Telus mobility customers. I went back to Telus and they have no solution. In the future they will have a block for roaming, but not now. So the solution seemed to be go pay as you go with texting and data, as pay as you go blocks roaming. Have been home for a few hours after getting the pay as you go (which works okay with my husband's iphone). Absolutely no reception for hours now. I called Telus. Nice fellow just spent the last half hour on the land line with me trying to figure out what is going on. He had me switch my sim card from the Classic into my iphone 5. Got reception --albeit weak reception--on the iphone. So Telus concluded that the antenna in my Classic may not be workable for me. Anyone have any comments on the antenna strength in the Classic. If it is too weak, is there a fix for that? I love my Classic. I hated every moment of using the iphone this morning. So I want my Classic to work out for me. Thanks in advance for solutions.
    12-23-14 04:10 PM
    for the antenna I don't think anybody could do something about it.....you just have to live with it or move away of the weak zone......same with my Z 30. 10 to 15 miles from the border I was picking up the other country,,,,now it depends where you live, which border...e.g: coming back from the state into alberta I was catching telus waves before entering. but not when coming back into saskatchewan.

and vice versa
    12-23-14 04:27 PM
    Can't move as we just bought our house in July. I guess I will have to get some rabbit ears eh? lol
    12-23-14 04:30 PM
    Can't move as we just bought our house in July. I guess I will have to get some rabbit ears eh? lol
    yep....LOL
    12-23-14 04:31 PM
    I wonder if telus would have some sort of booster receiver
    12-23-14 04:32 PM
    I had a similar issue when I got the 9900, it would not work well in my house. I had to buy a signal booster and it solved my issues perfectly but it was expensive and may not work for you. To determine if it will work for you, you will need to find a strong signal someplace. For me, I went on my roof and was able to get a full strength signal. What the signal booster does essentially is take a good signal from one place and move it to where it is needed. So if you cannot find a good signal, you are out of luck.

You need to buy a kit, mount a pickup antenna on the roof, and a transmit antenna in the house. Between them is the signal booster that will boost both voice andd data bands. There needs to be 15 feet of vertical drop between the two antennas.

My kit was $800, I forget the brand but will look if you are interested.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 04:58 PM
    I wonder if telus would have some sort of booster receiver
    Yes I believe they do have a booster but it's only good inside your home.

Maybe try installing a diff radio.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:10 PM
    Yes I believe they do have a booster but it's only good inside your home.

Maybe try installing a diff radio.

Posted via CB10
    me i got no problem with reception...it's Kitmo
    12-23-14 06:13 PM
    Well I think I'm living on the other side of the planet from most of the folks that posted on this thread. I live in south central florida out on a 10,000 acre cattle ranch, and was thinking just to opposite of the signal receiving strength.......... My BB Classic gets excellent reception, and I would even go so far to say it's better than my iPhone 6. The LTE signal seems to be the prominent signal, and I actually have 2-bars of so called signal strength
    12-23-14 06:20 PM
    Matt if I lived 5 blocks north of here, the signal is good. I am in the Bermuda Triangle of the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. I have friends up in the Cariboo who work cattle and they have none of the problems we do in our little limbo land.
    12-23-14 06:58 PM
    What used to be 4 to 5 bars with the 9900 is now 1 bar. what gives?
    Last edited by avroarrow201; 01-09-15 at 08:20 AM.
    01-09-15 08:09 AM
    I have a classic from Rogers in Guelph, Ontario. I have rock solid 4G signal. However, I find that the LTE signal is poorer than my Z10. With my Z10 I would normally get 3 to 4 bars, and only 1 to 2 bars on my classic. Not sure why the difference. The classic has the same frequencies as the Z10 plus the 2600 frequency. I suspect it's an OS issue (?).

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:23 AM