Last week, i smashed my BB Classic. Took it for repair and the technician fixed the phone. Since then, i have had no sound from the speakers (that is to say i can speak and hear while doing a phone call, but i don't get any phone ringtone, can't use speaker phone, no sound from games etc)
    Yesterday, i tried a factory reset, but during the reset the cord dislodged briefly, but all in all the factory reset completed and i managed to put my backup back on to the BB Classic,

However i still have issue with the sound.

So the questions are:
    1. Should i try factory reset again (and this time make sure the cord doesn't come away!)
    2. Take it back to the repair guy - is it possible he didn't reconnect some important thing inside the BB?

thanks
    04-06-16 01:13 AM
    It's very likely he did something because I don't see how you could damage the speaker by replacing the screen. Perhaps it's just a loose connection. That happened to me when I replaced the earpiece on 9900, as you had to lift 2 connectors from the speaker itself so they could make contact with the board. Maybe it's that easy, but if you don't have experience with electronics to check for yourself, I'd suggest taking it back.

Posted via my Black Passport
    It's very likely he did something because I don't see how you could damage the speaker by replacing the screen. Perhaps it's just a loose connection. That happened to me when I replaced the earpiece on 9900, as you had to lift 2 connectors from the speaker itself so they could make contact with the board. Maybe it's that easy, but if you don't have experience with electronics to check for yourself, I'd suggest taking it back.

Posted via my Black Passport
    04-06-16 01:26 AM