Blackberry Classic on OS 10.3.2.2876 battery draining rapidly eg approx. 6 hourly. Having to charge fully twice every 24 hours. Only started happening about 2 to 3 weeks ago. Was charging once daily before. Big problem now as the battery will have 80% charge when I go to bed (11pm) and 4am in the morning clicks into battery saving mode with 20%. The phone is in cover not being used and drops 60% charge. The alarm is not being used. Only new app is Face10 + messenger which I have logged out off and stopped using and problem still exists.
    Checking battery monitor and it shows System 10%, PIM services 8%, standby 15% (when face10 was being used that came in at around 8%)
    My business partner is having exactly the same problem (actually worse).
    Any advice would be appreciated
    thanks
    03-16-16 01:03 AM
    Go to Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Application Permissions -> From the drop down Menu, find out which apps are RUNNING IN BACKGROUND and Which APPS are RUNNING WHEN MINIMISED and disable those apps that you do not wish to continue working in the background or when minimised in order to save battery.

Hope this helps
    Go to Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Application Permissions -> From the drop down Menu, find out which apps are RUNNING IN BACKGROUND and Which APPS are RUNNING WHEN MINIMISED and disable those apps that you do not wish to continue working in the background or when minimised in order to save battery.

Hope this helps
    03-16-16 08:08 AM
    Thanks Blackbird666 I have done this and will see what happens over the next 24 hours
    03-17-16 12:34 AM
    Updare your android runtime

BlackBerry Classic / 10.3.2.2876
    03-17-16 12:54 AM
    whats the update ? Did it work?
    03-17-16 06:11 AM
    thanx have done this today and will see what happens
    03-17-16 10:38 PM
    Hey Blackbird666 nope still the same. I have just done as Sime0n_S just recommended and will see that makes a difference. I am tempted to uninstall the Face10 & Messenger10 and see if this makes a difference also. I have also changed/extended sync times on the 2 email address I have (even though they have been the same since I set it up 12 months ago).
    03-17-16 10:41 PM
    Hey Blackbird666 nope still the same. I have just done as Sime0n_S just recommended and will see that makes a difference. I am tempted to uninstall the Face10 & Messenger10 and see if this makes a difference also. I have also changed/extended sync times on the 2 email address I have (even though they have been the same since I set it up 12 months ago).
    I've read from other users, Face10 & Messenger10 eats battery juice. Removing those apps should show you a difference! Sync time for me hasn't been the issue to be honest.
    03-18-16 01:44 AM
    Either charge your phone overnight or turn it off

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 02:37 AM
    Either charge your phone overnight or turn it off

Posted via CB10
    That's not the solution to the problem must find which apps are nomnoming the battery
    trude6 likes this.
    03-18-16 05:07 AM
    Switching off your data will help since u hav no need of it while you're sleepn..Data also runs battery down with several notifications poping up here and there

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 07:37 PM
    Use exchange instead of IMAP or pop. Also for calendar and contacts. This eats a lot. Also change the network setting from automatic to manual. The BlackBerry will search only in the selected network. And disable dual band in the WiFi settings if not needed. Also helpful ist to delete or deactivate old and not used WiFi connections. U can disable device connection, storage over WiFi, media share and protect.
    Also helpful for me was to change my router setting from b/n/g to n/g

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 08:15 PM
    I've read from other users, Face10 & Messenger10 eats battery juice. Removing those apps should show you a difference! Sync time for me hasn't been the issue to be honest.
    Blackbird666 logged out of those two apps and it didn't change. I have removed them completely today and will see what happens overnight.
    03-20-16 09:30 PM
    Use exchange instead of IMAP or pop. Also for calendar and contacts. This eats a lot. Also change the network setting from automatic to manual. The BlackBerry will search only in the selected network. And disable dual band in the WiFi settings if not needed. Also helpful ist to delete or deactivate old and not used WiFi connections. U can disable device connection, storage over WiFi, media share and protect.
    Also helpful for me was to change my router setting from b/n/g to n/g

Hi Alexderb, Wi-Fi is turned off (not used as on massive GB business plan). only have 2 email addresses which are IMAP through exchange. have been running that set up for 12 months. This issue is only current over last month. all other phone settings have remained same.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 09:48 PM
    Blackbird666 logged out of those two apps and it didn't change. I have removed them completely today and will see what happens overnight.
    After uninstalling the apps, try a volume +/- reboot ( holding them simultaneously will restart device after the screenshot message )
    03-21-16 05:14 AM