Hey Guys,

Although I love my Classic and don't want to replace it soon, I noticed some increasing battery drain the last weeks.

I have turned all connections except the mobile (+ data) on, use wifi (and enable it only then) whenever I have access, turned of NFC, don't let android apps run in background and don't have many apps installed in general.

Have a look - is the drain similar to yours?

I bought the classic right on 17. Of December when it was released in Germany and never had to charge twice a day - what now is the case...

Battery Life “normal“?-img_20170119_130753.png
    Battery Life “normal“?-img_20170119_130800.png
    Battery Life “normal“?-img_20170119_130809.png

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 08:09 PM
    looks pretty normal to me.
    01-19-17 07:50 AM
    My Classic lasts longer than that.
    I'm not sure why yours is acting up. Has your battery been out in the cold this winter?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 09:00 AM
    looks pretty normal to me.
    I think you should be getting at or above ~20 hours per charge

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 09:01 AM
    My Classic lasts longer than that.
    I'm not sure why yours is acting up. Has your battery been out in the cold this winter?

Posted via CB10
    No - I am in Australia for this Winter and here it's summer! Haha...but I guess the hot temperature is more harmful than the cold, isn't it?

I also made the security wipe, but it didn't help :/ Used to make 2 days with my Classic...

The analysis itself doesn't make any sense - the highest drain is due to the System, but it should be only 12% and all the other apps less, but since the last charge it lost already almost 50% to this time...strange!

And remaining time 3 hours with 53% ?!?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 09:24 AM
    Hi there.

Also for a two year old battery this is no normal behaviour of a Classic. You should be able to still get a day +...

If even a factory reset did not help maybe check your battery health. I use 'Battery charger' it's free on BlackBerry World, and displays the battery health in %.

CB10 on my Classic
    01-19-17 03:43 PM
    Hi there.

Also for a two year old battery this is no normal behaviour of a Classic. You should be able to still get a day +...

If even a factory reset did not help maybe check your battery health. I use 'Battery charger' it's free on BlackBerry World, and displays the battery health in %.

CB10 on my Classic
    Thanks! Tried that, but it's strange :

Battery Health 100%, but 4:50 hours left? O.O

I always paid attention to how and when I charge my Classic since I bought it and worked out really well - till now.
    Battery Life “normal“?-img_20170120_115855.png

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 07:00 PM
    Thanks! Tried that, but it's strange :

Battery Health 100%, but 4:50 hours left? O.O

I always paid attention to how and when I charge my Classic since I bought it and worked out really well - till now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170120_115855.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	416115

Posted via CB10
    Th hours displayed are fine. The app takes the current drain (in your case 342ma/h) and just calculates how long you battery will last. The remaining time of the standard 'Gerätemonitor' takes your average use into account. So the 4:50h is having the phone on - including display - all da time.

What is important here is that you battery health is at 100%. So at least according to the app there's nothing physically wrong with your battery.

Last thing I can think of is doing a re-install of a backup. So first wiped...than using the backup.

CB10 on my Classic
    01-20-17 03:17 AM
    Th hours displayed are fine. The app takes the current drain (in your case 342ma/h) and just calculates how long you battery will last. The remaining time of the standard 'Gerätemonitor' takes your average use into account. So the 4:50h is having the phone on - including display - all da time.

What is important here is that you battery health is at 100%. So at least according to the app there's nothing physically wrong with your battery.

Last thing I can think of is doing a re-install of a backup. So first wiped...than using the backup.

CB10 on my Classic
    Thanks for your comment! Does 100% really mean that the battery did not lost any capacity since day one? Can't be true, right?

Basically whenever i wiped my classic, it always was better afterwards with battery life - except this time...Is there another way to load the OS in a safe and secure way? I don't mind re-installing my apps or losing my chat history.

Or maybe I should try 10.3.3...read that german providers are rolling it out soon...although I am in Australia now - do I have to wait to go back to Germany then to update? Or can I do it here? Does it matter which SIM-Card is in the phone for getting it?
    01-20-17 04:55 AM
    Hi there.

If the app works 100% I don't know. But I guess it is at least an indicator. I have a PP SE where the battery sucks big time, and I get shown 32% battery health.

Some people say that a fresh installation of the OS via sachesi or so can fix battery calibration issues. If that is true I don't know, never tried it myself

CB10 on my Classic
    01-20-17 06:22 AM
    Thanks for your comment! Does 100% really mean that the battery did not lost any capacity since day one? Can't be true, right?

Basically whenever i wiped my classic, it always was better afterwards with battery life - except this time...Is there another way to load the OS in a safe and secure way? I don't mind re-installing my apps or losing my chat history.

Or maybe I should try 10.3.3...read that german providers are rolling it out soon...although I am in Australia now - do I have to wait to go back to Germany then to update? Or can I do it here? Does it matter which SIM-Card is in the phone for getting it?
    You can use an autoloader from the forums here to update to 10.3.3 or even to just reload whatever OS you're currently on. Do a search and it's pretty easy to do and starts*everything fresh.
    01-20-17 12:05 PM
    You're in Australia? Ever since, or is your Classic acting up only since then? It may be bad cell phone coverage, meaning the phone has to put in more energy to keep a stable signal. Are you on 4G or 2G (I am mostly on 2G with mine to save on battery, only when I intend to surf a bit more I switch to 4G).

Classic "TeamMustang"
    02-01-17 12:03 AM
    Hey chris.r,

Thanks for your reply! I always have all bands active, also 4G, because I pay the provider for the high speed connection In cities, like Melbourne where I am right now, the 4G connectivity is VERY good, in other parts of OZ indeed not, haha...I managed to reduce my usage of social media now and I can get it battery life to one ordinary day in battery saving mode and manually stopping all apps in background, from CPU and RAM...

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 11:06 PM
    Just came across this thread. My Classic battery has been draining fast since my upgrade to 10.3.3. Reading this thread I downloaded Battery Charger and it's showing Battery health 74%. See below. Is there anything I can do about it?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 08:21 AM
    Just came across this thread. My Classic battery has been draining fast since my upgrade to 10.3.3. Reading this thread I downloaded Battery Charger and it's showing Battery health 74%. See below. Is there anything I can do about it?

Posted via CB10
    By the way my Classic is over 2years now. Got it 2 days after it was released.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 08:24 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem since I've updated my Classic to 10.3.3. First I though battery is drained by some Android app, then I've read the reason could be file indexing of files on SD card. So I did security wipe and removed SD card. Nothing changed. Phone battery lasts for about 8 hours only and it is only few months old! (checked battery health - 100%) For example, today battery went from 100% at 8 AM to 10% at 3 PM! And all I did was few phone calls, WhatsApp and browsing. I never had to take a charger to work but in the last few weeks I can't imagine working without constant recharghing. Does anyone know what's going on?
    02-02-17 12:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    As far as I know there's nothing one can do about the battery health....its not connected to software or such. The Battery is the one part that will fail at some point.

CB10 on my Classic
    02-02-17 12:37 PM
    Although the classics battery is not officially replaceable, there is a way of replacing it.

Did anyone of you see/replace it's battery on the classic? Where did you get the new battery from?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 09:47 AM
    I got mine on Ebay few months ago, from Germany as my old one almost melted inside. New battery life was great until updating to 10.3.3 Now it goes from 100% to 10% in less than 8 hours. Horrible. And no one seems to know how to stop that fast drainage.
    02-06-17 09:09 AM
    As far as I know there's nothing one can do about the battery health....its not connected to software or such. The Battery is the one part that will fail at some point.

CB10 on my Classic
    Thank you.
    02-07-17 08:28 PM
    I use a Classic and recently found a way to squeeze more life out of the battery charge.

If you go to System Settings -> Advanced Interaction there is a "Flip to save power" setting. When enabled, putting your phone face down puts it into battery saving mode. Turning it back over awakens it.

Battery saving mode dims the screen, reduces CPU speed, and maybe some other things, but it doesn't interfere with incoming calls or anything like that.
    02-08-17 07:44 AM