04-10-15 05:03 AM
26 12
tools
    Honest review please in battery life will it get me through a day

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-24-14 08:20 AM
    how heavy of a user are you?
    12-24-14 08:47 AM
    Medium to heavy but don't really play games or watch video just text email and music as well and Web browsing. Want to know either to get another q10 or buy a classic. Is the battery life better on q10

12-24-14 08:55 AM
    Medium to heavy but don't really play games or watch video just text email and music as well and Web browsing. Want to know either to get another q10 or buy a classic. Is the battery life better on q10

Pretty sure Classic has a bigger battery

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:12 AM
    Any Ex-Bold 9900 here? Is the Classic battery truly an upgrade? Heard a lot of reviews that the Battery of the 9900 and classic is almost identical, if not the same.
    04-07-15 09:34 AM
    You can get 2 days of moderate usage out of the Classic.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.2.281)
    04-07-15 11:58 AM
    Better then the 9900 and q10, worse then the PP. Will get you trough the day im sure

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 12:56 PM
    Mine is Way better than the 9900 or 9810 not sure about newer ones but have heard Classic is best of all .
    04-07-15 03:13 PM
    obviously the passport has the best battery life

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 03:42 PM
    Pretty sure Classic has a bigger battery

Posted via CB10
    2100 vs 25xx mah so yeah thats a 20% bigger battery

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 03:55 PM
    9900 -- Q10 -- Classic -- Passport
    This is how the rank goes as per Usage and reliability. Have used to 1st 3 and collected personal opinions from a bunch of users about PP. You wont regret if u take classic or PP about battery and performance. But Q10 will nor help u stand whole day safely.
    Personally I use Q10 now waiting to make my jump either to slider of next keyboard phone coming up this year. If nothin of the future awaited phones would satisfy me, then classic is my option.
    So if u dont want to wait and just wanted a normal update, Buy classic. If u want something extraordinary, go for Passport (If red, u would really stand out of crowd)

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 04:00 PM
    The Classic's battery performance is much superior to that of the Bold 9900. Of course your mileage will always vary depending on your usage, but 1on1 the Classic should always outperform the 9900/9930. The Classic easily gets me through a typical day, however it always needs to get charged daily. The Passport never let me down and can often keep running with only a single charge for two days.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 06:26 PM
    Had one day problem from a game app from Amazon that sucked my battery to an inch of its life in four hrs. Deleted the app and has been awesome since. I don't have WiFi at work. So, it uses 4G all day. In 12 hrs, I still have 71% left.

The Classic
    04-07-15 07:27 PM
    04-08-15 12:38 AM
    Was fr ein Glck, endlich mal n Mnchner mit nem Classic
    Gre
    04-08-15 05:42 AM
    PP's battery life is a big feature compared than the Classic.

Me with half of the day in the office with WiFi connection and the other half outside, the Classic lasts one day and half with moderate to heavy usage

...sometimes I prefer to answer with my Classic than through my PC which is front of me hehehe

From my Classic
    04-08-15 07:00 AM
    the classic has 'good' battery life.

I would put it on comparable with the Q5.

I never need to charge before I get home after work and on days where I dont use my phone to much I have 40 + % left.

basically you will get 10 hours of near constant use(not doing media intensive stuff but like emails or reddit or crackberry). standby will last much longer.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 08:39 AM
    Hmm my Classic battery not as good as you all mention. Sigh.

Posted via Blackberry Classic
    04-08-15 08:42 AM
    Battery life on my Classic is good, as good as my old Bold if and only if I do the same stuff. Problem is the Classic does so much more, and that does drain the battery. And the Nav apps need the Classic to be plugged in. Waze etc. Otherwise a short one hour trip drains over half the battery.
    04-08-15 10:41 AM
    I have had my Classic for three months and the battery life has never been a problem. On a usual work day I turn my phone on at 5:30 AM and turn it off at 10:00 PM and put it on charge. Usually when I put it on charge I usually have at least 50% charge left. At work (14 hours) I am on WiFi, make and receive a few phone calls, check Twitter and create and send email. On the 35 minute drive home each day, I usually use my Classic to listen to Pandora.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    04-08-15 11:09 AM
    Da schau' her, servus! ;-)
    04-08-15 01:08 PM
    Any Ex-Bold 9900 here? Is the Classic battery truly an upgrade? Heard a lot of reviews that the Battery of the 9900 and classic is almost identical, if not the same.
    My Bold 9900 would be charged first thing in the morning, and probably in the 25-30% remaining range after an average 9-hour work day. One of my offices has poorer reception (and I switched carriers when I switched devices which has eliminated this issue), so I would turn Wifi on to make sure I could reliably receive emails, on these days I would be in the Yellow or Red range by the time I got home (other days Wifi was turned off to save battery). I rarely spend more than a few minutes making calls each day, it's primarily emails/texts/BBM, browsing, etc.

I've only had the Classic for a few days, but I left with 100% charge this morning, used it with a regular level of activity, and I'm still at about 60% charge remaining. It does seem quite dependent on what you leave running, as I left the Music Player paused and running overnight and it lost about 11-12% charge overnight as opposed to 2-3% usually.

Overall I'm thrilled with the improved battery life. I agree with those that say two days, I think these last few days it's been at 90%-100% in the morning and I haven't come home with less than 55% remaining. I also haven't run it into the "Power Saving" mode which apparently makes that last chunk of battery last quite a bit longer.
    04-08-15 06:26 PM

Not sure if this makes a difference, but (as I did with my 9900) I turned the backlight way down as it seems unnecessary for messaging and browsing, and I don't usually watch videos or anything on my phone. I know on the 9900 this made a huge difference, although I had it down to near-minimum, as opposed to about 50% on the Classic.
    04-08-15 06:27 PM

Determining battery performance is virtually the hardest part when comparing phones across different users. There are so many factors which have quite an impact on the whole situation:
    Syncing: How many accounts are synced, what content is synced, how large is the content. Hell even the service used can make a *huge* difference as I just learned lately.
    Apps: Apps running in the background, multiple IM services, Android apps running wild somewhere. All that can cause huge differences in terms of battery life.
    General usage: Screen brightness, connectivity and what kind of stuff you do when and how much, all that also greatly impacts battery life.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 07:09 PM
    In my case, classic battery life is beyond good! Especially power saving mode. I use 3 email account, social apps a lot (BBM, Line, WA), some text messages and heavy phone calls.

Battery life on classic-img_20150410_120514.png

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:17 AM
26 12