So they Bank I'm with provides the option (to android & isheep users) the option to snap a picture of the cheque for mobile deposit.

Downloaded the app for my classic...and well....yeah.
    But then a thought came to mind, what if I download the version from Snap and run it?!

But before I do, wanted to know if anyone else has done this, and what have your outcomes been? (hopefully positive)

Thanks guys.
    01-05-15 01:14 PM
    The bank that I use doesn't have a native BB10 app, so I used Snap to install the android version.
    No issues, all good.
    01-05-15 01:19 PM
    Before I was using Z30 and my banking app from Snap was perfect. Now I am with Q10 and I have some issues with the screen size...and keyboard. The app doesn't accept numbers from keyboard, it wants me to tap on the screen... but in general the app is working.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:29 PM
    If the app doesn't use special Google apis and uses standard android calls the app should run fine. Try it. There's no risk

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:30 PM
    Awesome, thanks guys will try it tonight
    01-05-15 01:39 PM
    I'm using the PC Financial Android app on my Q5, because I want to deposit a cheque from home. The app runs fine and I can take pics within it, but they are stretched out in the preview window.

Any suggestions/fixes? I'm on
    01-19-15 08:02 AM
    No dice for me, tried to sideload/snap the TD app. Go to take a picture of the check, but the camera window stayed black. Reboot the phone twice, uninstalled/reinstalled but nothing.

Guess I'll need to attack TD for them to deliver something
    01-19-15 11:20 AM
    Neither one of my banks are available natively to the Classic. I had to sideload it. Chase and Capital One are a little slow. Bank of America is extremely slow.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-19-15 03:24 PM
    Charles Schwab android app from the Amazon store works fairly well. I can take pictures to deposit checks, but the screen doesn't seem to register my touch of the capture button. Luckily I can push the Enter key and that will snap the picture. Otherwise it works great.

The non-existence of this app for BlackBerry was one of the reasons I left in the first place. Nice to have it back.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 04:13 PM