Hey all, I left my phone charging faced down next to a cup of ice water last night when I went to bed. When I woke up, the condensation from the cup had pooled under the phone and the alarm was going off but I couldn't unlck the phone because the keyboard wasn't working. It has been in rice for an hour and I'll keep it in there today, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where the water damage sticker is on the classic? Would be nice to know what level of "screwed" I am...
    Also, I'm outside the 30 day warranty period so I can't pick up insurance, wondering what my other options are if it is water damaged. I used to take apart my old berries but the classic seems a little more daunting. Really don't want to shell out a lot of cash for a new phone....
    Any suggestions appreciated!
    07-10-15 06:10 AM
    I'm sorry to hear of your soggy experience.

Z10
    07-10-15 06:20 AM
    Give it at least 2 days in that rice! Good luck!

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    07-10-15 07:43 AM
    The water damage sticker is located somewhere internally... You'd have to disassemble the device to locate it and the Classic is not nearly as friendly to take apart as the BlackBerrys of yesterday so you'd essentially risk further damage unless you know exactly what you're doing...

I agree give it maybe 24-48hrs in rice (I'd flip its' positioning a few times during this process; facedown, face up, placed vertically, horizontally, etc give any "loose" water that may be pooled somewhere a chance to dislodge and evaporate as well...)

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:19 AM
    A month or two ago this happened.

Wifey's Classic was sitting in a small pool of water which spilled from her leaking water bottle in her purse. Set it out in the hot sun for a day and then in a bag of rice for 48 hrs. Turned it on this morning and it seems to work perfectly fine. Let's see and iOS device do that . On a similar note, 4 years ago I dropped my Torch 9800 in a lake, pulled battery/dried it out and has been fine since (yes, I'm still using it), tough phones these BB's

Update,

Wifey's phone works perfectly fine today, just as the day she got it.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    07-10-15 10:50 AM