Hi I am at my wits end. Initially I uploaded all of my contacts from Outlook to my new classic a year ago. However, it now appears that no new contacts I have put into my classic since I purchased it, have gone into Outlook.Ive been backed up to Outlook, but no matter how I try, I cannot get the newer contacts to appear in Outlook. during this process, I have deleted, and downloaded the latest version of link.
    I am using two different computers, one is Windows 7, and the other Windows 10, they both have the same problem. As I say, I am totally at my wits end. Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks
    the lodger
    10-30-16 03:32 PM
    I think you'll find that the contacts were missed were saved as local contacts.

You should be able to display local, Hotmail, etc. contacts separately and then copy your local contacts to your Hotmail account in the Contacts app.

I can't provide more details as I'm no longer on BB10.
    Your problem may be that Link is no longer working properly with your updated versions of Windows 7 and 10. While Link still works for some people, many others are finding it no longer works.

When Link stopped working for me, I switched to backing up all my contacts and calendar events through my Outlook.com account to Office 2016 on Windows 10. The big advantage is that now my contact and calendar syncing is no longer a manual process and I've always got a cloud based backup that I can get to from anywhere, at any time.

Check the Contacts app to see what account it is set to default to. If you go with the cloud account approach, make sure you've copied all your contacts (local and other accounts) to that account with the Contacts app copy function.
    10-30-16 06:01 PM
    Hi, thanks very much for replying. I'm not entirely sure how all of that works, but will endeavour to find out. I also had a thought of Bluetooth them from my Classic back to my Bold not sure if this would work, any thoughts?
    10-31-16 03:30 AM
    You should be able to do it with Bluetooth as well, but that wouldn't be my first choice.
    10-31-16 10:44 AM
    Hi ,that when well-ish, I used a Hotmail account, which worked okay, only unfortunately, it did exactly the same as everything else has and picked up 90%, but missed all of the new contacts! All I can think is there is a setting on my BlackBerry that has been switched off, but I cannot fathom out what it is. I feel I am so close, and yet so far away Any thoughts?
    10-31-16 02:34 PM
    I think you'll find that the contacts were missed were saved as local contacts.

You should be able to display local, Hotmail, etc. contacts separately and then copy your local contacts to your Hotmail account in the Contacts app.

I can't provide more details as I'm no longer on BB10.
    10-31-16 03:10 PM
    thanks for your help, I think im getting there .
    11-01-16 02:39 PM