When the news hit, about a month or so ago, that Built for BlackBerry was coming to an end, I jumped on the abandon BlackBerry bandwagon. This was the signal that BlackBerry was done with BB10. If they were done with it, so am I.

Then I purchased an HTC One M8.

Long story short, I just bought a brand new BlackBerry Classic yesterday. The HTC One is now up for sale. Wow I can't believe was a disjointed mess Android is. And I was even using the Priv on screen keyboard. The Classic? The Hub is awesome, the keyboard is awesome, the form factor is awesome.

If only BlackBerry figured out how to advertise their products. BB10 is definitely my favourite OS out there. I am back on BlackBerry very likely staying for quite a while.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 07:11 AM
    Welcome back! So good to have you back with BB10.
    acovey likes this.
    02-21-16 07:32 AM
    Same here in Holland. I bought after long research a HTC one 8 because the Z10 I used was at the end of its lifespan. After one month I decided not to need al the functions available on the HTC and missing the Blackberry. So I ordered a Blackberry Classic which wil arrive tomorrow. The HTC I will give away to an android addict.
    andy957 and DOCTOREVIL8 like this.
    02-21-16 07:45 AM
    We bought an Android tablet to get more familiar with the OS. And we checked the Priv out too when my son's Z10 needed replacement. He opted for the Leap instead for the same reasons as the Op's. I just bought a cute white Leap as a companion to my Classic. I am OK with Android being secondary, on my tablet. For communication and organization, OS10 is cleaner and more straightforward for me, out of the box.

Posted via Classic or Leap
    02-21-16 08:32 AM
    I'm looking to do the same thing. Trying to pick up a Samsung Galaxy tab S for cheap so I can get familiar with Android.

My place of employment is upgrading us to Priv's next month.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    02-21-16 09:26 AM
    After I got my Q10 almost 2 years ago ended my bandwagon with the latest android/ios device. I got a perfect device and os that suites my lifestyle.. yah media was not great but there's a tablet and desktop/laptop for that..

U got all the basic stuffs that u need on a BlackBerry.. Too bad BlackBerry marketing sucks that even a carrier contact center here was laughing at me when I ask him about available BlackBerry plans here (passport. and classic) He said why look for BlackBerry when iphone was the most popular and indemand device..

Here u cant see a BlackBerry on a any carriers concept store. U can only avail when u apply online. People here loves IOS and android particularly the cheap locally manufactured android device u can have a quadcore/octa device for as long as 180-200 dollars brand new

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 09:52 AM
    Haha I cam from a HTC One M8 as well. That thing was such a piece of crap compard to the classic. Sure the hardware was a solid design but the software is terrible
    SK122387 and DOCTOREVIL8 like this.
    02-21-16 10:22 AM
    I sold an HTC M8 for a friend at work about 2 months ago. I told him about the BlackBerry Classic and he had me get one for him. He says it's the best phone he has ever had and swears he'll use it until it falls apart. Time will tell, but so far he is very pleased. He has had Samsungs, iphones, and windows phones in the past and prefers his BlackBerry so far.

Posted via CB10
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    02-21-16 01:28 PM
    What did your friend like about the classic? It is a great device and there is a lot to like, just curious to what someone new to BlackBerry liked.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 02:56 PM
    What did your friend like about the classic? It is a great device and there is a lot to like, just curious to what someone new to BlackBerry liked.

Posted via CB10
    He said he loves the simplicity of BlackBerry, keyboard(of course), and the Hub. He doesn't go for a lot of bells and whistles. Once I showed him my Classic, he was sold.

Interestingly, I had tried to show him BlackBerry when I had my Z30 and that didn't appeal to him. He said the Classic reminded him of his old Curve. We both had Curves as our first BlackBerrys. After the Curve he left for all the others but then came back.

I've stayed with BlackBerry on and off. I've tried others (Android and iPhone) but just can't find one that I prefer over BlackBerry. Some other phones may be a little more "fluid" and offer more apps but there's just something about BlackBerry that keeps me coming back...

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 04:11 PM
    Bought a Priv on launch day (AT&T) and on Feb 2nd I went back to the Passport.
    I don't regret it at all. It's nice that I don't have to question the battery life mid-day.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 05:01 PM
    There would have to be something amazing for me to switch from my classics. It's the perfect phone to me.

I think if porsche made one with an upgraded processor I'd get that only
    02-21-16 05:10 PM
    I bought the new Galaxy A3 2016 in January. First I was happy to have an Android phone again. Then I started to realize what a slippery, feminie phone it is (like most phones are now), then, while performance was great, starting to miss a keyboard, a decent email app (although "Nine" is a great piece of software) but then my main concern: Crapware, Adware and Google Play Services. Adaway found out that my longtime favorite game "Bejeweled" includes Airpush Adware, and Tetris is connecting to the internet every 2 minutes. I started to realize that most mobile apps now only exist to collect usage data. it's ridiculous.

Long story short, I switched back to my Classic and will buy a cheap tablet, so I can separate fun/gaming and privacy. In my opinion Android (without root) should not be on a phone anymore.
    DOCTOREVIL8 and to boldly go like this.
    02-22-16 04:32 AM
    App is the only reason why blackberry lost market share otherwise the bb10 is awesome especially for work and daily use

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 05:31 AM
    Same here. I'm forced to use an Android device to drive for Uber, and for the life of me I can't see how people think that is a better OS...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    02-22-16 09:08 AM
    I would buy the Priv mainly for the Apps only because it is a Blackberry (Samsung is to slow and Apple is just awful these days) but for now I will stick with my Classic.

I may be a bit biased but I'm loyal to Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 09:16 AM
    One thing I am noticing with the latest OS 10.3.2. The speed difference is the phones (z10, q10, z30, Classic and Passport) is getting smaller and smaller. Some basic tasks between the Classic and Passport are identical in speed. Now, say installing a large program, I would assume the Passport would destroy any other BlackBerry in installation time. But that's a one time installation. After that, the performance gap isn't huge as it once was a few versions ago. I remember when the Z30 would trounce the Z10 in any speed tests. Not anymore.

Posted via CB10
    FahedAlDerbi likes this.
    02-22-16 09:21 AM
    Bought a Priv on launch day (AT&T) and on Feb 2nd I went back to the Passport.
    I don't regret it at all. It's nice that I don't have to question the battery life mid-day.

Posted via CB10
    I have done the same
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    02-22-16 01:59 PM
    I actually went from the priv back to the classic. I did not like the keyboard and the battery was not very good.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 04:02 PM
    I got lost in the HTC one 8. Today I received my new Blackberry classic and I feel right at home. Blackberry blend installed on my MacBook and I have the best of both worlds.
    02-23-16 06:39 AM
    En hoe bevalt ie? Leuk om weer 's een Nederlandse BlackBerry gebruiker te zien.. BlackBerry Classic is een super device imo.

Ik ben begonnen met de Q10 (from launch), daarna de Z10, opnieuw een Q10 aangeschaft, daarna overgestapt op de Z30.. en sinds oktober vorig jaar de Classic.

V��r BB10, van 8310 -� 9000 -� 9700 -� 9780 -� 9900.

Ben nog steeds een liefhebber

Gegroet,

Jurgen

Posted via CB10 /  SQC100-1 /  STA100-2
    02-23-16 08:55 AM
    After I got my Q10 almost 2 years ago ended my bandwagon with the latest android/ios device. I got a perfect device and os that suites my lifestyle.. yah media was not great but there's a tablet and desktop/laptop for that..

U got all the basic stuffs that u need on a BlackBerry.. Too bad BlackBerry marketing sucks that even a carrier contact center here was laughing at me when I ask him about available BlackBerry plans here (passport. and classic) He said why look for BlackBerry when iphone was the most popular and indemand device..

Here u cant see a BlackBerry on a any carriers concept store. U can only avail when u apply online. People here loves IOS and android particularly the cheap locally manufactured android device u can have a quadcore/octa device for as long as 180-200 dollars brand new

Posted via CB10
    It really annoys me when people laugh at our choice of phones. They almost would rather see us use an iPhone 4 than any of the latest BlackBerry devices. My money, my choice. And I do own other Android devices, I just choose to use my BlackBerry.

Posted via Classic
    02-24-16 07:45 PM
    It really annoys me when people laugh at our choice of phones. They almost would rather see us use an iPhone 4 than any of the latest BlackBerry devices. My money, my choice. And I do own other Android devices, I just choose to use my BlackBerry.

Posted via Classic
    Whenever I get asked why I want a BB, I tell them straight up that because I make up my own mind and I'm not an ***** that follows whatever the crowd does, and that usually shuts them up pretty quickly...

will308, Frehley and moyah8 like this.
    02-24-16 08:05 PM
    Whenever I get asked why I want a BB, I tell them straight up that because I make up my own mind and I'm not an ***** that follows whatever the crowd does, and that usually shuts them up pretty quickly...

Spoke to Tmobile rep to upgrade our phone plan to the latest unlimited plan. The rep wanted to charge me the $5 per month BlackBerry plan. I had a heck of a time explaining to her that this is OS10. Sigh.

Posted via Classic
    02-25-16 09:49 PM
    Getting about ready to sideline the Priv as well... some basic tasks take way to many different apps... and the auto capitals keep Screwing me up.

Another big thing s the phone is NOT field friendly for those of you not working in a cozy office all day.

Classic FTW, I did just buy one but the owner left the protect feature on and won't return calls.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-25-16 10:35 PM
29 12