Love having the toolbelt back on the Classic. However, on the Bold 9900, every button on the toolbelt felt used. The trackpad, the menu, back, and the pickup and hangup buttons. On the Classic, I hardly ever use the trackpad or the menu button. The hangup I use to minimize and app then back button to close it. Love not being forced to move my thumb too far to close apps. And the back button is sweet for any Android apps. Also love having dedicated phone buttons. The screen was laggy at times with phone calls.

What buttons on the toolbelt are your favs? How many use the trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 09:12 AM
    I almost always use the trackpad. And the rest of the buttons are well used to. Why? Because I can!!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-17-15 09:38 AM
    Love having the toolbelt back on the Classic. However, on the Bold 9900, every button on the toolbelt felt used. The trackpad, the menu, back, and the pickup and hangup buttons. On the Classic, I hardly ever use the trackpad or the menu button. The hangup I use to minimize and app then back button to close it. Love not being forced to move my thumb too far to close apps. And the back button is sweet for any Android apps. Also love having dedicated phone buttons. The screen was laggy at times with phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    By menu button, do you mean the B, blackberry logo button? Doesn't that bring up the Hub, or is it for something else?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 09:42 AM
    I use the touchscreen far more on the Classic than I ever did with the Bold. Sometimes I would actually forget that the 9900 had a touchscreen! In a way, it worked out for the better that BB10 was first designed without a trackpad in mind, then one got added. I like the feel of having multiple ways to do an action, and being able to decide myself which works best.
    donemt likes this.
    05-17-15 09:47 AM
    I use all the buttons on the toolbelt all the time. It may seem like a small deal to most people, but one of my favorite functions of the trackpad is to double click it to send emails. I send a lot of emails for work and not having to reach up for the "send" button makes them flow a little better.

Also, "U" + Enter wakes the screen up and since I have to have a password on my phone, the back button on the toolbelt prompts for that password when locked.

Posted via CB10
    alexeysalo likes this.
    05-17-15 10:51 AM
    Short thumbs, here. LOVE the belt. Some things are easier with touch but i'll tend to use belt and track, given a choice. Guess i grew to prefer a finely pointed brush over finger paints after preschool...
    05-17-15 11:05 AM
    Does the menu button have a "spellcheck" option?

I loath trying to correct spell errors on touch screen. Pressing over the word, sometimes it knows to offer up a word, other times it just places a cursor or that f'in bubble...

I miss how my old trusty 8900 gave me the option under the menu. (and the thing never double types!)
    BriniaSona likes this.
    05-17-15 11:37 AM
    Try to work it as if the touch-screen wasn't there... then the toolbelt will show you all it's power !

 Instant Classic!
    05-17-15 01:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Long hold options can be done with the trackpad, by long-holding the trackpad. The menu key is also the easiest way to get the top menu, by long holding the menu key. Double pressing the menu key after you highlight something will copy it to the clipboard. So yes, I do use the menu key and the trackpad.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    idssteve and alexeysalo like this.
    05-17-15 02:33 PM
    Does the menu button have a "spellcheck" option?

I loath trying to correct spell errors on touch screen. Pressing over the word, sometimes it knows to offer up a word, other times it just places a cursor or that f'in bubble...

I miss how my old trusty 8900 gave me the option under the menu. (and the thing never double types!)
    Place the cursor anywhere within a word that's underlined, then click the trackpad to see the suggestions...

idssteve likes this.
    05-17-15 02:34 PM
    Guess. I wasn't clear.

Does the menu key have "spellcheck" option in it's list?

(I want to invoke the spell checker after completing a long multi page email... without having to "drive" the cursor word to word)... Ya know, just like we used to when a BlackBerry was a BlackBerry.
    05-17-15 04:13 PM
    New "classic" toolbelt is a waste of vertical space.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 04:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Allow me to point you to the "Q10" forum... --->

BRING BACK AUDIO BOOST! -Posted from BlackBerry Classic
    05-17-15 05:03 PM
    I love the tool belt. My favourite is the track pad and the rest of the tool belt buttons all run a close second. This Classic is looking more and more awesome as I use it more n more. It may even become my main go-to device (My BB9900 is my present go-to device).
    05-17-15 05:09 PM
    Guess. I wasn't clear.

(I want to invoke the spell checker after completing a long multi page email... without having to "drive" the cursor word to word)... Ya know, just like we used to when a BlackBerry was a BlackBerry.
    I don't think there's anything built in for this. It would be cool if there's an app to do this. I had forgotten the Bold could do this. I guess with the red squiggly underline, it's assumed the job is done.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 05:57 PM
    Guess. I wasn't clear.

Hm, don't think I ever used that in the legacy devices. No wonder I don't miss it. I am pretty sure it's not in the new OS. Maybe you could suggest it in the beta zone? They've been adding more and more legacy features back into the OS and I think it is at least partially due to suggestions made there, so it's worth a shot I think.

05-17-15 06:37 PM
    I had forgotten the Bold could do this. I guess with the red squiggly underline, it's assumed the job is done.
    Rather unfortunate that the people tasked with building BB10 forgot all the good from the old hardware and software combo.

3year in, and we're still playing catchup.

The squiggly line is ok, for text messages. 3pages of email @ the proof read stage, not so much.
    05-17-15 06:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey look, apparently it's that downtime between surgeries where he has nothing better to do than to go to a forum about a phone he has no interest in just to talk about how everything about it is bad. When's your next break? Looking forward to your next extremely useful comment.

05-17-15 06:38 PM
    Rather unfortunate that the people tasked with building BB10 forgot all the good from the old hardware and software combo.

The squiggly line is ok, for text messages. 3pages of email @ the proof read stage, not so much.
    I understand that. I guess I never really looked at that since I usually notice right away that I've misspelled something and I correct it as I type or I see the red line show up since I look at the screen, not the keyboard, so I fix it right then instead of going back at the end. Not saying one way is better than the other, just stating why I never realized that feature existed or that it's gone. Again, you should suggest it in the beta zone and maybe they'll add the option into the next build.

05-17-15 06:41 PM

I, for one, just don't believe QNX got into this knowing anything to forget. QNX simply didn't know how BB's UI worked and either didn't have time to learn or didn't really didn't care to learn, IMO. QNX had next to zero BlackBerry experience and even less smartphone experience, as far as i can tell. It has shown ever since, IMO. That said, BB10 HAS been discovering old tricks and providing encouragement for the future. Possibly thru Chen's prodding?

No device made by man is perfect. Like dear old Gramps used to say: "If you don't appreciate what you already have, you don't deserve any more..." I, for one, APPRECIATE the only toolbelt equiped BB10 device! The cup's half full, at least...
    05-17-15 07:41 PM
    All of them!!!
    05-17-15 10:18 PM
    I've been on the Passport and Z30 lately and so I'm getting used to the ability to use the trackpad, and honestly, I've really missed it.

I trained myself to get used to it since I was on devices without it, but now that I have it back, I'm learning to take full advantage haha

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:36 AM
    I'm using the toolbelt all the time (including trackpad). It's so convinient not to stretch my fingers to get to desired item on the screen. The toolbelt with trackpad is .... godsend!
    05-18-15 08:59 AM
    I use all 5 buttons on the toolbelt constantly. I rarely even touch the screen unless I need to. Probably 90% of the things that I used to do on touchscreens are done just as quickly if not quicker with the toolbelt, and without gunking up or obscuring the screen. There's only a few operations here and there that I'm faster with touching the screen. Plus, using the toolbelt + keyboard combo allows me to lock, unlock, and fully navigate the phone without changing my grip. I thought my Z30 had a really fast and efficient interface--but good lord the Classic has everything else on the market beat. This phone pretty much ruined every other phone out there for me. I can do pretty much everything I need to with it with 3 square inches of space, and with very close to 100% accuracy.

The Back button is awesome, the Menu button is actually very fast to use, the combination of End/Back to close apps is the solution to the tiny X, and the whole setup makes it just as fast to use the toolbelt for most navigation as the touchscreen gestures. Finally, 3 big cheers for physical Call/End buttons! My phone feels like an actual PHONE again.

From a Classic
    05-18-15 09:11 PM