Hi all,

I am always seeing all this talk about an autoloader and for the life of me I can't figure it out?

I am currently on Wind Mobile Classic using 10.3.2.2474

Anybody have a basic explanation of this? I know it allows people the ability to pick or select a different version of the OS I believe?? Where exactly is the source? Of the few threads I have checked most of the convo's always revolve around various OS's. On CB's main page the other day was news of an updated version too.

I am just trying to see if a different version might help with my battery life. I am a heavy user and I usually get about 10-12 hours on the phone. Friends who use their device for almost as long can get like a day out of it.

Thanks for the newbie question!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 02:20 AM
    On BlackBerry's servers there exist the update files for each public OS version. An autoloader is specially packaging these update files (without the ability to change them, so it's still kosher BlackBerry inside) so that they load a pure factory image of a particular OS and radio combination onto your phone. It doesn't require your carrier to push out the update, and it helps create a clean start to the upgrade, which is why it is preferred.

Since you're on OS 10.3.2.2639 (software release 10.3.2.2474, but that's a different can of worms), you can freely move between 10.3.2.680 and the recently released 10.3.2.2888 without any problems; below 10.3.2 is blocked off, and above 10.3.2 is not ready at the moment.
    07-06-16 03:01 AM
    On BlackBerry's servers there exist the update files for each public OS version. An autoloader is specially packaging these update files (without the ability to change them, so it's still kosher BlackBerry inside) so that they load a pure factory image of a particular OS and radio combination onto your phone. It doesn't require your carrier to push out the update, and it helps create a clean start to the upgrade, which is why it is preferred.

Since you're on OS 10.3.2.2639 (software release 10.3.2.2474, but that's a different can of worms), you can freely move between 10.3.2.680 and the recently released 10.3.2.2888 without any problems; below 10.3.2 is blocked off, and above 10.3.2 is not ready at the moment.

Many thanks for this. Helpful. Now for the autoloader can I just look up a Youtube clip? Just wondering where I would then find the OS builds if they are officially from BlackBerry?

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 03:13 AM
    Many thanks for this. Helpful. Now for the autoloader can I just look up a Youtube clip? Just wondering where I would then find the OS builds if they are officially from BlackBerry?

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    Usually threads for the new OS give links to the files on BB servers, like so: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...848-a-1078676/

How these files are found is usually by some sort of script. Now, the files themselves aren't directly loadable; either use a third party program (ex. Sachesi/DBBTool) to load BlackBerry-signed bar files to your phone, or unpack the factory image bar files and join them into an autoloader (again using third party tools, but ones that wrap around a BlackBerry utility).

Anyway, this should help: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    07-06-16 03:21 AM