Hi everyone. Infrequent poster but frequent visitor to these boards.

Just upgraded from 9900 to the Classic, running 10.3.1.1779.

I am sure that this has probably been covered in another thread - and apologies that I haven't been able to find it through the search function - but I see that all attachments in all my email accounts are now downloading automatically, compared to the OS 7 on then 9900 where one could choose what attachment to download in which message.

This will have a huge effect on my data plan, considering the number of big attachments I typically receive during a working day.

Is there some way to disable this 'auto download' feature?

Thanks in advance !
    06-20-15 07:26 AM
    In Hub open your menu, then go to Settings - Display and Actions - Scroll down to "Display Images Automatically" and unhighlight...
    Attachment Auto Download-img_20150620_083400.png

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 07:36 AM
    Thanks. I have that disabled but attachments in my POP accounts (pdf attachments for the most part) still download automatically, even if I have not opened that particular email message.
    06-20-15 07:48 AM
    Hi.

To manage your Email downloads go to:
    Settings -> Accounts -> The EMAIL account you want to restrict

Scroll to the bottom and you will find the settings for only downloading the headers. full message etc.

Looks a bit like this (sorry German profile ;-))
    Attachment Auto Download-img_20150620_140342.png

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 08:06 AM
    Thanks for this. Strangely, I only have options you highlighted above in my gmail account. I also have 2 POP accounts configured - and both do not have these options in the 'edit' menu.
    06-20-15 08:16 AM
    Is it the case that the 'roaming data control' / 'mobile data control' / Wi Fi data control' edit functions are only available in IMAP configured accounts like Gmail and not in POP accounts?
    06-20-15 08:25 AM
    Is it the case that the 'roaming data control' / 'mobile data control' / Wi Fi data control' edit functions are only available in IMAP configured accounts like Gmail and not in POP accounts?
    This might be the case. I only have Imap accounts as pop is a one way street, and they show the setting possibility. Maybe someone else can confirm the non-existence of the settings in POP accounts.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 08:33 AM
    Thanks HP

This auto attachment download in POP could really pose a problem for me when I roam. Would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a fix
    06-20-15 09:21 AM
    Thanks. I have that disabled but attachments in my POP accounts (pdf attachments for the most part) still download automatically, even if I have not opened that particular email message.
    I completely misunderstood what you were seeking... My apologies... After reading the replies that followed, I'm thinking maybe a work around by importing your POP email to your Gmail... I personally don't like this remedy, but unless another has a better option, this may worth it to you to investigate, especially if data consumption is an issue for you. Set-up and info on how to do that here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?hl=en

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 01:13 PM
    You can also try to use the update setting to limit data in roaming. Set the pop to manual update, so you can do it when on WiFi. Not a perfect solution also....

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-20-15 06:43 PM
    Thanks HP and Civil. Now I'm thinking that the upgrade to the Classic may not have been such a good idea after all ! On the 9900, using a BIS account, we could choose which attachment to download. Now on the Classic everything downloads, wanted or not. I travel internationally and this could be a huge issue because of the crazy data rates when roaming.

Is this a Classic issue? Or a BB10 issue? Is this an issue for Android and IOS as well? I'm wondering how BB managed to have the feature earlier but not now.

I searched for threads on this issue, thinking it must have ticked a fair few off, but couldn't find any
    06-21-15 12:44 AM
    The Email setting possibilities are not specific to the Classic, so it is a BB10 issue. Just to cover the basics: is it possible for you to use Imap settings for the other Email accounts?

How the download settings are in Android or IOS I don't know (in your case you should also try to get detailed answers concerning pop settings)

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 06:15 AM
    Thanks again HP. Will have a talk with my IT guys as you suggest.
    06-21-15 07:11 AM