From hub -

Inside a running app:
    Cancel and end minimized app then closes highlighted app(which is last minimized app) unless you scroll to others.
    Can you please clarify this?

If inside a running app....what happens when you press END? Do you go back to running apps (home screen)?
    12-12-14 11:11 AM
    yes both minimize apps and back to "homescreen" then one more press closes it. if you do not select another app.
    12-12-14 11:28 AM
    I have a question!

Can you send me the phone?

montberry likes this.
    12-12-14 11:30 AM
    How is web browsing and maps experience compared to iPhone or android? Thanks mate
    12-12-14 11:32 AM
    Hello All,

I just got an evaluation Classic device to test, If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will try my best to provide answers.
    Is the back of the body carbon fibre like the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 11:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    No. Its a cheap material I think like the Z10.
    12-12-14 11:42 AM
    Don't expect logic. I'm a consumer. I loved the light around the touch-pad in 9900 and was looking forward to it again with BlackBerry Classic. I think it's a natural expectation when you bring back the toolbelt. And when I read they don't bring something I loved and expected and looked forward to... it's a disappointment. One less reason to buy a phone that already had few enhancements compared to Q10.

I don't even know the features you're talking about. So it's not possible for me to miss them.

Posted via CB10
    Did you just call yourself stupid?
    the brother and peeknflow like this.
    12-12-14 11:44 AM
    How would you rate the speed while navigating the device (compared to the Passport?) app launch, browser etc.

CB10 on my Passport
    12-12-14 11:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    It was never carbon fibre, that would interfere with radio signals. It was glass weave which is like a mix between fiberglass and carbon fibre.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-12-14 12:02 PM
    Can you please clarify this?

If inside a running app....what happens when you press END? Do you go back to running apps (home screen)?
    End button in any app will minimise to homescreen

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    No its not

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:19 PM
    No. Its a cheap material I think like the Z10.
    It might be similar to the Z10 but it doesn't feel as plasticky (if there's a word like that)

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-12-14 12:21 PM
    I have a question!

Can you send me the phone?

No!!!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-12-14 12:21 PM
    How is web browsing and maps experience compared to iPhone or android? Thanks mate
    I will have to compare with iPhone and andriod, but I think the mapping experience is the normal BB10 experience except ability to zoom and pan using the trackpad

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:24 PM
    Is there an option for dark hub ?

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    12-12-14 12:25 PM
    How would you rate the speed while navigating the device (compared to the Passport?) app launch, browser etc.

CB10 on my Passport
    It's seems very comparable in terms of speed, well I kind of thought the Quadcore processor and 3Gb ram on the passport were more like overkill.

This works perfect, however I don't know if it might slow down when one throws in several apps and stuff to fill up the storage

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) and Xenolock like this.
    12-12-14 12:27 PM
    wolexf,

Can you do me a favor, and play a song and see if audio comes out of both speakers? My buddy has an evaluation unit and he only hears out of one speaker. I'm wondering if his is defective or not.

Also, do you have any other BB10 devices to compare the speaker quality/volume to? I've heard it's not as loud as the Passport, but I wonder about it against the 9900, Q10, and Z30.

Thanks!
    12-12-14 12:29 PM
    Is there an option for dark hub ?

Posted via CB10
    No dark Hub yet, but that's something that can be fixed with software update

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:29 PM
    Thanks Wolefx!

CB10 on my Passport
    12-12-14 12:34 PM
    wolexf,

Can you do me a favor, and play a song and see if audio comes out of both speakers? My buddy has an evaluation unit and he only hears out of one speaker. I'm wondering if his is defective or not.

Also, do you have any other BB10 devices to compare the speaker quality/volume to? I've heard it's not as loud as the Passport, but I wonder about it against the 9900, Q10, and Z30.

Thanks!

I guess you are right it was only the speaker on the right that was working.

I have only compared sound with passport and Z10. Like I said before passport blows it out, Z10 comparable, maybe a negligible richer tone. Am guessing with the two speakers working the sound should be better.

This is an evaluation unit and I expect that the final version will have both speakers working

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:40 PM
    This is an evaluation unit and I expect that the final version will have both speakers working
    Yeah, I hope you're right. That concerns me a bit.
    12-12-14 12:41 PM
    I think is like iPhone 4/4s. It only looks lik two speakers. In reality is one speaker and one microphone. It is only for design.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    12-12-14 12:51 PM
    AWESOME.. i cant wait to get it. some questions for you. thank you in advance for your time and answers!!

1) does the end button get out of apps/ browser and minimize or close apps? if you press end multiple times?
    2) does the back key go back to previous page within an app? so the touch screen back key at the bott. left is not there? or web browser? still a touch back key? or just physical back button?
    3) difference between back key and end key with multiple presses in multiple apps/ operations?
    4) up gesture comfort w/ trackpad there? can you disable up gesture?
    5) can you store a shortcut for hub? like H for hub open?
    The end button will minimise but won't close the app, but the back button can minimise and close the app

Back button works in browser to go to the previous page

Q3 has been answered

No up gesture w/trackpad so far I have had to use the finger swipe gesture

You can store shortcuts, H is preset to launch Help although it can be reconfigured

Posted via CB10
    ikalinin likes this.
    12-12-14 12:53 PM
    I think is like iPhone 4/4s. It only looks lik two speakers. In reality is one speaker and one microphone. It is only for design.
    That's a good point. This might be intentional then. If so, what a shame.
    12-12-14 01:05 PM
    The end button will minimise but won't close the app, but the back button can minimise and close the app

Back button works in browser to go to the previous page

Q3 has been answered

No up gesture w/trackpad so far I have had to use the finger swipe gesture

You can store shortcuts, H is preset to launch Help although it can be reconfigured

Posted via CB10
    thank you. so there is no touch screen back button? like browsing through settings pages, etc?
    12-12-14 01:06 PM
231 ... 34567 ...