I wouldn't bother to ask anything, but these details keep getting overlooked. Thanks in advance for answering.

1. Does the device support Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n AND AC? It would make sense for it to be compatible with Wifi AC for corporations.
    2. An FM radio tuner seems to be something BlackBerry cares to include sometimes. Does BlackBerry Classic have an FM radio?
    3. Is there anything different about BlackBerry Blend support? With Blend or in regards to Blend working on the classic, how is the awareness of incoming or missed calls using BlackBerry Blend with the Classic? Does this information at least show up in the hub in Blend?
    4. Probably already confirmed, but what is the material like on the back for grip? Aside from possible extra screen protection is the Classic built in a way that it doesn't feel like it needs a case to protect it from wear in normal use?
    5. Is there any predictive "swipe up" feature while typing? Obviously the keyboard isn't touch sensitive, so is it there in any form with the trackpad or simply left out? This also leads me to ask if AutoText has SmartCase like pre-BB10 devices had.

I think the rest of what I will ask has been confirmed in some way, but I read that Classic uses the same paratek antenna technology the Passport uses, that the screen's PPI is comparable to the z30, and that as of OS 10.3.1 the browser no longer supports Adobe Flash or Air. My question is if all these details remain the same as speculated up until this point?

It would make sense for long pressing the trackpad to toggle the screen's touch input, but doubt this is even relevant to ask about at this time.
    Last edited by SC9530; 12-11-14 at 05:06 PM.
    12-11-14 04:49 PM
    wonderful thread! thank you very much for taking the time to do this. some of the things i've been concerned about:

1. the pictures released suggest the phone 'feels' cheaper than the Q10; is the skeleton metal or plastic? is the button 'belt' one continuous piece of plastic or separate buttons?
    2. how well is the trackpad integrated into the built-in apps? is navigation via the trackpad consistent and complete in, for example, the hub, calendar, BBM, maps, music, etc.?
    3. does the phone app still have the annoying large 'end call' button on the screen, or is it (hopefully) gone so we can use the physical button instead?
    4. are there more keyboard-based shortcuts in the hub? do they match the shortcuts from BBOS?

-- eldee

1. The skeleton is stanless steel, premium finish. The toolbelt fits fine doesn't seem odd or out of place at all.

2. the trackpad works well, but I think it might need some fine tuning in future software builds. For example if you are in the general hub I discover that if you want to go back to the itemized list of accounts you have to scroll with the trackpad to the buttom completely before you can access the bottom menu that let's you do that.

3. The annoying phone icon has been substituted with the Hub icon.

4. I haven't tried out the shortcuts yet

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by wolexf; 12-12-14 at 03:38 AM.
    12-11-14 04:55 PM
    I wouldn't bother to ask anything, but these details keep getting overlooked. Thanks in advance for answering.

1. Does the device support Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n AND AC? It would make sense for it to be compatible with Wifi AC for corporations.
    2. An FM radio tuner seems to be something BlackBerry cares to include sometimes. Does BlackBerry Classic have an FM radio?
    3. Is there anything different about BlackBerry Blend support? With Blend or in regards to Blend working on the classic, how is the awareness of incoming or missed calls using BlackBerry Blend with the Classic? Does this information at least show up in the hub in Blend?
    4. Probably already confirmed, but what is the material like on the back for grip? Aside from possible extra screen protection is the Classic built in a way that it doesn't feel like it needs a case to protect it from wear in normal use?
    5. Is there any "swipe up" feature while typing? Obviously the keyboard isn't touch sensitive, so is it there in any form with the trackpad or simply left out? This also leads me to ask if AutoText has SmartCase like pre-BB10 devices had.

I think the rest of what I will ask has been confirmed in some way, but I read that Classic uses the same paratek antenna technology the Passport uses, that the screen's PPI is comparable to the z30, and that as of OS 10.3.1 the browser no longer supports Adobe Flash or Air. My question is if all these details remain the same as speculated up until this point?
    I don't know how to check for the WiFi, maybe you can tell me how.

It has FM radio

I haven't tried it with blend yet, will test that and revert. (Blend doesn't work it requires an updated blend to work, if I install the old bar then the experience will be a replica of the passport. We have to wait until blend is updated to know if it can now handle incoming or missed calls )

I don't know how to describe the back material, but it feels good when you touch it. The grip is good. It kinda seems like the Z3 but it's certainly of a better quality. It doesn't look like it can wear easily but then it's new so time will tell.

There is no swipe up gesture whatsoever while typing

Am not sure about the paratek antenna, yes flash is gone in OS 10.3.1.xxxx. Am not sure about the ppi but am certain the display is sharper than that of the Z30 because the Z30's display was kind of dull

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by wolexf; 12-12-14 at 03:43 AM.
    12-11-14 05:08 PM
    Your spec paper seems to be wrong in the size and weight measurements. The classic doesn't seem to be taller than the passport.

Posted via CB10
    It is actually slightly taller than the passport. Not very obvious though

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri and Xenolock like this.
    12-11-14 05:16 PM
    No trackpad light up?!?

then it's not a real classic BlackBerry and for that reason:

I'm not going to buy it. At least not now and not for full price, maybe after 1 year, if BlackBerry don't release any better devices at that time.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 07:03 PM
    No trackpad light up?!?

then it's not a real classic BlackBerry and for that reason:

I'm not going to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    A) as was said earlier in the thread, it's not a final version

B) if that's your logic, then what about no convenience key?, or any number of other features that are different or have changed over the years?

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri and anon(9184750) like this.
    12-11-14 07:09 PM

B) if that's your logic, then what about no convenience key?, or any number of other features that are different or have changed over the years?

Posted via CB10
    Don't expect logic. I'm a consumer. I loved the light around the touch-pad in 9900 and was looking forward to it again with BlackBerry Classic. I think it's a natural expectation when you bring back the toolbelt. And when I read they don't bring something I loved and expected and looked forward to... it's a disappointment. One less reason to buy a phone that already had few enhancements compared to Q10.

I don't even know the features you're talking about. So it's not possible for me to miss them.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 07:18 PM
    Does the classic have a universal Search ?

Back in the day of my old bold, one of the things i loved the most is from the home screen i can begin typing and automatically the phone searches my whole phone for whatever i'm looking for and i believe even the internet? It was really convient when i needed to find contacts or settings options.
    ponpiri and LuvULongTime like this.
    12-11-14 07:42 PM
    Does the classic have a universal Search ?

Back in the day of my old bold, one of the things i loved the most is from the home screen i can begin typing and automatically the phone searches my whole phone for whatever i'm looking for and i believe even the internet? It was really convient when i needed to find contacts or settings options.
    yes, thats available now on Q10s with the 10.3.1 software...and it is awesomer than it used to be...
    12-11-14 08:23 PM
    Your spec paper seems to be wrong in the size and weight measurements. The classic doesn't seem to be taller than the passport.

Posted via CB10
    You would be wrong in thinking that.
    boi2012, revtech and mrfreeze like this.
    12-11-14 08:40 PM
    It's pretty well known the trackpad doesn't light up, final or not. BlackBerry's own videos show this.
    boi2012 and mrfreeze like this.
    12-11-14 08:44 PM
    It's pretty well known the trackpad doesn't light up, final or not. BlackBerry's own videos show this.
    Yeah man but those aren't "final" either. It's actually confirmed that the final version isn't even final, and that they are going to push an update post release to upgrade the battery door, the processor, and the battery to match z30 specs. This is what Chen said.

Also brick breaker was pulled from the final release. They said it was because the double typing issue conflicted with the game mechanics. They will try and make it available again in the q30 release. Only the Foxconn version though.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 09:53 PM
    Yeah man but those aren't "final" either. It's actually confirmed that the final version isn't even final, and that they are going to push an update post release to upgrade the battery door, the processor, and the battery to match z30 specs. This is what Chen said.

Also brick breaker was pulled from the final release. They said it was because the double typing issue conflicted with the game mechanics. They will try and make it available again in the q30 release. Only the Foxconn version though.

Posted via CB10
    *shaking my head*

Posted via CB10
    boi2012 and Mr4aces like this.
    12-11-14 10:02 PM
    Sooooo... you're telling me there's a chance!

thanks Bla1ze

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 and momofteme like this.
    12-11-14 10:37 PM
    3. The annoying phone icon has been substituted with the Hub icon.
    i.e. with the annoying Hub icon ...

I don't get why there's a Hub icon, when you can already easily access the Hub with gestures?
    Even my old Symbian phone allowed me to customise the left/right bottom apps. I agreed that the icon is a problem but why not include a black/white icon for all apps ...
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-11-14 10:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    OK I lol'd.
    anon(9184750) and mrfreeze like this.
    12-11-14 11:00 PM
    i.e. with the annoying Hub icon ...

I don't get why there's a Hub icon, when you can already easily access the Hub with gestures?
    Even my old Symbian phone allowed me to customise the left/right bottom apps. I agreed that the icon is a problem but why not include a black/white icon for all apps ...
    because its redundant having a virtual call icon above the physical call button, not to mention that it looks dumb
    12-11-14 11:54 PM
    because its redundant having a virtual call icon above the physical call button, not to mention that it looks dumb
    Um, re-read his statement. He never said that there should be the phone icon, he's saying to allow the user to customize it to launch anything, thus why he says they should have a black and white version of every app icon as an option to put in that space...
    deezy87 and allwi like this.
    12-12-14 01:11 AM
    Quick question for the OP. How does the thickness of the Classic compare to the Passport? Original rumours pegged it as .3mm thinner but I heard that isn't true any more?

Cheers
    12-12-14 01:20 AM
    Quick question for the OP. How does the thickness of the Classic compare to the Passport? Original rumours pegged it as .3mm thinner but I heard that isn't true any more?

Cheers
    Passport - 9.3mm

Classic - 10.2mm

S: BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 01:36 AM
    Is the screen noticably larger than Q10? Or cant say the difference?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 02:50 AM
    Great thread

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 03:06 AM
    Is the screen noticably larger than Q10? Or cant say the difference?

Posted via CB10
    see below;
    Ask your questions about the Classic-img_20141212_101059.jpg
    12-12-14 03:26 AM
    Wow, the camera pictures look pretty decent. Can you please take some extra pictures - specially indoor and with low light - for us to see some more details?

How do you feel about system speed comparing to the Passport? Much slower? As fast?

What about sideloading Android apps on it? Are they much slower to load and use?

Thank you!
    12-12-14 04:09 AM
    Does the screen rotate? I rest my q10 on its end to watch vids in the gym, would be much more stable to rest on its side....

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:28 AM
231 12345 ...