I initially started off with the passport, loved it, and recently I picked up a classic for weekend use...or vice versa.

I find I use the classic at work for emailing and phone calls during the week, and use the passport for more social and non work related activities on the weekend,but still have the capability to do work with it when I need to.

Anyone else utilize 2 devices throughout the week? Or are you more likely to cling to only one device?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 01:00 PM
    I carry both on me most of the time (also have the Bold 9930, IP6+ and Note Edge in my laptop bag). I develop apps for mobile devices. For analyzing spreadsheets and reading PDFs, or reading news, or typing long emails, I use the PP. Scrolling using the PP touchpad is so fluid and fast. Come to think of it, I don't use the Classic very often, except for answering calls. However, that body and design are just so darn attractive.
    Last edited by quangtran1; 04-11-15 at 01:53 PM.
    04-11-15 01:14 PM
    I wish classic would have same spec as passport. I just don't like to carry two phones and swap sim card.
    quangtran1 likes this.
    04-11-15 01:35 PM
    Agreed, however if the classic had the same or similar specs as the passport, it would have been a totally different device.
    It would be in a larger form factor to house a larger battery,lets face it, passport specs with classic original batter would last a half day at best.

I probably wouldn't have picked up the classic if it was any larger.

Conversely I'm not sure that I would want a passport with a tool belt either.

Posted via CB10
    quangtran1 likes this.
    04-11-15 01:43 PM
    No doubt. By no means I'm complaining, but like you said, if the Classic has more RAM and storage, that would be tremendous. I don't mind the slower processor, but I need that 3Gb and 32Gb.
    Last edited by quangtran1; 04-11-15 at 02:24 PM.
    04-11-15 02:10 PM
    Yes. I have both. SIM is in my Passport and the Classic is using WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 02:13 PM
    Agreed, however if the classic had the same or similar specs as the passport, it would have been a totally different device.
    It would be in a larger form factor to house a larger battery,lets face it, passport specs with classic original batter would last a half day at best.

I probably wouldn't have picked up the classic if it was any larger.

Conversely I'm not sure that I would want a passport with a tool belt either.

Posted via CB10
    well I really don't mind if screen size or pixel resolution. I just want classic to have same processor with 32gb storage. Newer processor takes less battery.
    04-11-15 02:24 PM
    I'm getting my Passport this week,I have the Classic. Plan on using Classic for heavy typing, Passport for Web browsing and reading.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 07:03 PM
    I have a passport and I am willing to buy a Classic when the coloured models are released.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 07:59 PM
    Basically I use the passport and classic the same. The classic for work productivity and calls and the passport for weekend use when email isn't a super high priority but can be if needed

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 09:47 PM
    Using them both but moving towards the Classic because of the form factor.
    Typing is so much more accurate on Classic, so I am using it to write my university assignments.
    I could talk about Classic for hours.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:20 PM
    Basically I use the passport and classic the same. The classic for work productivity and calls and the passport for weekend use when email isn't a super high priority but can be if needed

Posted via CB10
    Interesting... I'm attracted to the Classic for its form but I can't imagine using it instead of the Passport for long emails. Typing on this thing is a dream now!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-11-15 11:45 PM
    Just get both device!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:18 AM
    First I like to use only one device, I am using now the classic, but I am thinking to buy a passport as a second device for browsing, or buy Q10 for only to carry with me to blackberry..

What you advice me my friends?

* Buy a passport as a second device for browsing?
    * buy a Q10 as a second device because in love with keyboard?
    * only use my classic?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 02:09 AM
    I'd say to get a passport. It's an extremely versatile device. The screen is much nicer for surfing the web and viewing pdf documentsz,the keyboard is a fun challenge,but I find myself getting quicker every day on it.

I like my classic and my passports for various reasons,and use them equally

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 08:27 AM
    I have both as well but mainly find my self using the passport through the week and then on the weekend I end up using my classic sometimes

but lately it's mainly been passport
    04-12-15 07:29 PM
    I also say get them both, best of both world's

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 08:05 AM
    Have both the Classic, and Passport would be like having a girlfriend, and being married as they both know about each other and are ok with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 08:32 PM
    Yes! I use both. Really like PP for "phablet" duties at the desk. LOVE my classic for "phonelet" duties away from the desk. All depends on your use priorities. Phones, IMO, are devices with physical "end" keys so PP stays mostly at the desk for surfing, photo, etc duties. Besides, using a device that demands both hands requires a desk to set the coffee mug on... lol

As far as carrying and using two device, most in my office are carrying 9900 as backup for our fixed batt Classics. During an intense plant startup this past month, I've been text coordinating my crew with a 9930 in left hand while simultaneously coordinating our client's crew with Classic in right hand. VERY effective! Still perfecting technique but our three "smart guys" have been doing something similar. Nice thing about single handed devices.
    04-14-15 09:53 PM
    I know phablet...but what's a phonelet?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-14-15 10:23 PM
    I know phablet...but what's a phonelet?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    A PKB phablet with an "end" key... ie, Classic. A def some guys i work with coined. FWIW.
    04-14-15 11:51 PM