Hi can you invite me agai?. I delete it from the hub, and don't know why but can't see the history anymore.

Posted via Classic Immortal edition
    Sending
    11-19-19 05:44 AM
    A lot of people won't close their accounts due to "FOMO" (Fear of Missing Out).

A few of us make our decisions based on "RANC", (Rational Avoidance of Needless Clickbait). I haven't closed my social media accounts, but I review them in a Web Browser during my downtime and keep them off of my phone.

On those occasions where I decide I actually want a social media app on my phone (LinkedIn at a trade show, or Facebook at a social event, for example) , I simply install the app on an iOS or Android device for the day, then delete it when I'm done.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    I don't care about following what's popular, not really interested in meeting folks around the world.

My Social Media is a small group of mostly family.... and seeing what they are up to is something that is very much worth keeping up with, in my book. Pretty much a must for any grandparent - as kids can do an say the funniest things. And it means something when they are a part of you. While I could just check a browser ones or twice a day to see what is going on - or have my wife show me on her phone.... I wouldn't be a part of what's going on in their life and be able to make comments, when they matter.
    eshropshire likes this.
    11-19-19 09:30 AM
    I'm down to the Kindle app. Took me a couple of hours to get that working again. Once that fails the only purpose my Z10 will exist for is to answer basic BB10 questions pertaining to the OS, because it won't be able to do anything else.
    11-19-19 10:43 AM
    I'm down to the Kindle app. Took me a couple of hours to get that working again. Once that fails the only purpose my Z10 will exist for is to answer basic BB10 questions pertaining to the OS, because it won't be able to do anything else.
    I tired to use my Z10 with the Kindle app.... but it would crash every few days and loose my spot in a book.

Has been a while since I tried, is it working pretty solid for you? Current version or older?
    11-19-19 11:03 AM
    I tired to use my Z10 with the Kindle app.... but it would crash every few days and loose my spot in a book.

Has been a while since I tried, is it working pretty solid for you? Current version or older?
    Older. Version 7.8.0.113. Only had it on for a couple of hours, nothing amiss so far.
    11-19-19 11:15 AM
    Ive switched to Classic recently. I embraced its built in apps and quirks as much as I can and it serves me well. Hack around its browser a lot, its still good, slow sometimes but good.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-19 06:43 PM
    Love my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-19 11:01 PM
    I'm still using classic, I can do everything in classic except payments.
    11-20-19 12:04 PM
    I'm still using classic, I can do everything in classic except payments.
    I kind of wonder why that phone even has an NFC chip if it can't make payments
    11-20-19 01:33 PM
    For when BB10 gains traction and it’s adoption rate overtakes Android in 2014-2015 or so.
    11-20-19 01:50 PM
    At one point (quite a while back) I believe it could make payments. I may be mistaken but I believe the TimmyMe app allowed NFC payments. Regardless, I only use NFC to transfer small files between devices but it is used occasionally.
    11-20-19 02:36 PM
    At one point (quite a while back) I believe it could make payments. I may be mistaken but I believe the TimmyMe app allowed NFC payments. Regardless, I only use NFC to transfer small files between devices but it is used occasionally.
    I thought NFC was only for payments.

You can use it to transfer files just like with Bluetooth?
    11-20-19 02:43 PM
    NFC has many things its capable of. File transfer is probably all the BB10 would be able to use at this point but you might find it capable of some home automation with RFID tags and such still but honestly dont know.
    11-20-19 02:48 PM
    You can use it to transfer files just like with Bluetooth?
    Yep - It's my go to when I want to transfer or accept a picture to/from my wife.
    11-20-19 03:19 PM
    Did NFC do file transfers, or did it just initialize them, and the data flowed via Bluetooth? I never really got it to work too well, as most folks I knew had iPhones, or Samsungs and the Samsungs would snub BB10.

RFID Tags was the one cool thing I used it for.
    11-20-19 03:27 PM
    Hi !!! I have a BlackBerry Passport and stills works excellent. the screen is the best ever !!! The only problem is a dissfunctionality in some apps...But it' s fine, we love BlackBerry os...why to go to the mass os Android or Ios?
    11-20-19 04:35 PM
    Rocking the CLASSIC and Z30! Holding on to them until they don't work. Verizon posts tempting upgrade phones but I just don't have any interest yet. BB maps sort of stopped working. Can only receive list of GPS directions but no longer receive voice turn-by-turn instructions
    11-20-19 09:13 PM
    I am wanting to go minimilist on tech, I found the BB Classic almost perfect. I don't need social media, just phone and text, not even email as I can wait until I get home to check those things. the only problem I have and this fix would make it PERFECT, I am an Uber Driver and I cannot get the Uber Driver App to work, any ideas so I can then fully switch to using my BB Classic and continue in awsomeness?
    11-21-19 06:57 PM
    I am wanting to go minimilist on tech, I found the BB Classic almost perfect. I don't need social media, just phone and text, not even email as I can wait until I get home to check those things. the only problem I have and this fix would make it PERFECT, I am an Uber Driver and I cannot get the Uber Driver App to work, any ideas so I can then fully switch to using my BB Classic and continue in awsomeness?
    Doubt it. I'd recommend also using an Android phone for that (and all the other things that can't be done on a Classic).

You can maybe check with your carrier how much they would charge for a data-only line (you'd put that data-only SIM card in the Android phone) because you'd need constant mobile data for Uber app
    11-21-19 07:38 PM
    I don't care about following what's popular, not really interested in meeting folks around the world.

My Social Media is a small group of mostly family.... and seeing what they are up to is something that is very much worth keeping up with, in my book. Pretty much a must for any grandparent - as kids can do an say the funniest things. And it means something when they are a part of you. While I could just check a browser ones or twice a day to see what is going on - or have my wife show me on her phone.... I wouldn't be a part of what's going on in their life and be able to make comments, when they matter.
    I understand your perspective. I was a very early Facebook user and used it extensively between 2007 and 2009. I've found that I'm much happier checking it once or twice a week. I prefer phone calls and email for staying in touch with people and am happy to be left out of the social media party.

It's also true that I'm in front of a computer screen 8-12 hours a day. So, not having access to social media on my phone doesn't mean I couldn't be more connected if I found it rewarding. For me, the privacy issues make using social media on mobile very, very unattractive.

11-21-19 08:42 PM
    Do you listen to podcasts? Podbean works great from the Yalp Store.
    11-22-19 11:00 PM
    I use Pocket Casts on my 6t. I'd be willing to give Podbean a whirl, but I have a small issue with the Z10 browser not being able to fully load the Yalp website, and I'm still trying to find a working alternative from apkmirror.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-19 01:47 AM
    I use Pocket Casts on my 6t. I'd be willing to give Podbean a whirl, but I have a small issue with the Z10 browser not being able to fully load the Yalp website, and I'm still trying to find a working alternative from apkmirror.

Posted via CB10
    Yalp? Use the app.
    https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_46.apk

Posted via CB10
    11-23-19 05:12 AM
    BPod is still a great, free, BB10 podcast app. In use it on my Z10 for my commute and love it. It's very simple but has all the essential functions to let me search, subscribe, sync, download and listen to my podcasts.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 11-23-19 at 03:13 PM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-23-19 01:57 PM
    BPod is still a great, free, BB10 podcast app. In use it on my Z10 for my counter and love it. It's very simple but has all the essential functions to let me search, subscribe, sync, download and listen to my podcasts.

Correct, plus it's native so won't drain battery like an Android equivalent.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-19 02:10 PM
111 12345