I bought a blackberry classic a few weeks ago and I love the phone. Been a avid blackberry user since the Bold 9000 (my favorite blackberry even in 2019) and a iphone user since the 3GS, but I've grown tired of the iphone 8 Plus and will be using the classic as a daily driver. Is anyone else using BB10 devices in 2019 going into 2020? Also, no I don't need social media, and most play store apps I've added still work fine. Thanks for reading.
    10-27-19 04:58 PM
    I bought a blackberry classic a few weeks ago and I love the phone. Been a avid blackberry user since the Bold 9000 (my favorite blackberry even in 2019) and a iphone user since the 3GS, but I've grown tired of the iphone 8 Plus and will be using the classic as a daily driver. Is anyone else using BB10 devices in 2019 going into 2020? Also, no I don't need social media, and most play store apps I've added still work fine. Thanks for reading.
    Same here, my daily driver is a Silver Passport...................runs fine. When I travel I have to go back to my I phone 8+. Only to use my Delta app. Other than that a great phone......and welcome to CrackBerry!!
    10-27-19 07:28 PM
    Same here, my daily driver is a Silver Passport...................runs fine. When I travel I have to go back to my I phone 8+. Only to use my Delta app. Other than that a great phone......and welcome to CrackBerry!!
    Dude that’s awesome Man! I actually plan on getting the passport next to be honest. I feel I will enjoy the classic up until I change branches from the marines to army once my contract is up next year and I will have a good bit saved to go to the passport. I want a white one, but the BB10 software works fine. Don’t understand why so many crackberry fans talk down that it’s gonna stop working or it’s obsolete when you have 4G and most apps still work.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    10-27-19 08:34 PM
    Avid Z10 user that has much love for my BB10 2013 phone. Wanted to exchange a music file with a friend on the weekend using their iPhone 8, i said lets do an exchange using NFC (Near Field) , they said but they don't have that, I laughed that a 2013 phones has much more technology than an iPhone 8.

I use BBM and started a group with global BB10 users. You are welcome to join, for everyone their is a bb fan.

This is my daily driver, my goto phone and when it breaks i will buy another.
    10-28-19 03:38 AM
    I had a old classic used for a week it was dented up etc. I am getting tired of my key 2. I feel like it's such a distraction with all the apps etc that I want to go back to a simple phone. I have the option of getting a mint classic and a leap for 80 dollars. I'm strongly considering it.
    10-28-19 05:27 AM
    I had a old classic used for a week it was dented up etc. I am getting tired of my key 2. I feel like it's such a distraction with all the apps etc that I want to go back to a simple phone. I have the option of getting a mint classic and a leap for 80 dollars. I'm strongly considering it.
    As long as the devices are ok, getting those two phones for 80 is a steal.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    BlackberryLover907 likes this.
    10-28-19 06:50 AM

Yeah the one I have his dinged up but the main issues is the battery. It charges to 100 percent but then suddenly it's at low battery within a few hours
    10-28-19 08:22 AM

Truth be told I actually miss the keyone. I liked the look and feel of it more than my key 2. I just don't like the feel and build of the key 2 silver any more. It's not comfortable in the hand the way the keyone was or the classic for that matter
    10-28-19 08:23 AM
    I have several key applications that I cannot use under BB10 anymore.
    As for the "distraction" - well, that's a simple matter of DISCIPLINE and managing notifications.
    I have notifications turned on for text, work email and work Google Hangouts (one of the reasons I had to leave BB10).

Simple is in how you use it.
    10-28-19 11:52 AM
    Using a Q10 since the day of its release. Last spring I received a Xiaomi as a gift. I use it as compensating tablet that fills the gap whenever necessary. I don't mind forgetting the later at home. On the contrary my Q10 is my daily driver. Although I don't think that a key2 or 1 or even 3 would be a successful substitute for my dual carrying, for the past 18 months I've been thinking about a transition - just to support the "future" of these phones. Nevertheless the excellence of the sophisticated simplicity of BB10 keeps me hooked in its ecosystem.
    10-28-19 12:13 PM
    Don’t understand why so many crackberry fans talk down that it’s gonna stop working or it’s obsolete when you have 4G and most apps still work.
    Is anyone doing that? Being direct when asked specific questions is not the same as "talking down".

I don't think anyone believes that a BB10 handset is going to blow up in your hand at midnight on Jan 1st.

One just has to be prudent/cautious about one's data after an OS goes EOL when the likelihood of anything getting fixed if it breaks on the server side decreases as each day passes.
    10-28-19 04:08 PM
    still using the classic as a backup phone, my Key2 needs to be plugged in perfectly to charge and really doesn't plug in in the car anymore, so having a reliable backup phone for GPS in case my key2 dies is important.
    BlackberryLover907 likes this.
    10-28-19 07:26 PM
    @bizzib Nice what’s the BBM group? Haven’t used BBM since my bold 9000 or torch 9810 lol. But glad to see some are out there enjoying blackberry devices
    Last edited by BlackberryLover907; 10-28-19 at 08:37 PM.
    10-28-19 08:01 PM
    @Bravestar79 I think you may love the passport. I think the classic is fantastic, but I would get the passport due to the size I would think. I will give it a few months, and I might just adapt to the classic. But I’m also clean of heavy social media use about 4 weeks now.
    Last edited by BlackberryLover907; 10-28-19 at 08:38 PM.
    10-28-19 08:03 PM
    @glwerry I don’t use a lot of social media and if I do I use my iPhone as a iPod for that on WiFi. But either way it’s not a issue to be honest.
    Last edited by BlackberryLover907; 10-28-19 at 08:39 PM.
    10-28-19 08:04 PM
    @CrackNutRun I won’t end up supporting the TCL side of Blackberry ever, but I respect your choice. I went from a social media junkie and thinking I need those things back to being minimalistic. I think I can live without those things.
    Last edited by BlackberryLover907; 10-28-19 at 08:36 PM.
    10-28-19 08:05 PM
    I won’t end up supporting the TCL side of Blackberry ever, but I respect your choice. I went from a social media junkie and thinking I need those things back to being minimalistic. I think I can live without those things.
    It would be clearer if you responded "with quote" so we know who you're talking to.
    10-28-19 08:26 PM
    It would be clearer if you responded "with quote" so we know who you're talking to.
    Yeah it’s a little too late for that now, but I realized I pressed the wrong button, oh well. Will press quote going forward. But since the replies arent so many, don’t think it will take much to figure it out.
    10-28-19 08:34 PM
    I still use my bb10 classic as my primary phone. It is for me an essential enhanced phone with all I need. Like bbm for family email web for most of web site and as my music player with all my librairy (80 go on my external sd card 200 go)

My wife use a classic and my son a q10

I use some android app that don't need google play service with the store yalpstore and f droid store.

Use Telegram from f droid because it work simultaneously on android bb10 and windows linux so when we send a message all receive

Use to fennec browser from f droid for some site don't work in bb10.

Also use whatapps android version.

I buy a key 2 for testing. It's a good phone but prefer my classic because more easy to use with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-19 12:58 AM
    Husband and wife Z10 users here, and our kid had a Q5.

We are using them stock, so we won't lose anything when BlackBerry World goes dark.

Just so long as the BBID servers work, we'll keep these until the bands Are not o longer supported. We there devices for occasional app use when needed.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 10-29-19 at 03:22 AM.
    WES51 likes this.
    10-29-19 03:01 AM
    @bizzib Nice what’s the BBM group? Haven’t used BBM since my bold 9000 or torch 9810 lol. But glad to see some are out there enjoying blackberry devices
    Hi, @blackberrylover, I support users of BB10 devices so you are most welcome to join. I am looking for people just like you.

@conite i think i was also guilty, sorry

Any other peeps having interest please post a pin for me to invite i am looking for users of which i call members from the globe ' Female members are most welcome too'.

Thanks for replying @blackberrylover
    Last edited by bizzib; 10-29-19 at 03:59 AM.
    10-29-19 03:30 AM
    @glwerry I don’t use a lot of social media and if I do I use my iPhone as a iPod for that on WiFi. But either way it’s not a issue to be honest.
    That's fair - I have an iPad and use it very frequently.
    However, I'm often out and about and want to check my bank balance or if I'm out of town I'm watching things at work using Google Hangouts, meaning that I need my phone.

I find it odd that I really enjoy my iPad but can't stand using an iPhone. Very odd.
    10-29-19 11:39 AM
    That's fair - I have an iPad and use it very frequently.
    However, I'm often out and about and want to check my bank balance or if I'm out of town I'm watching things at work using Google Hangouts, meaning that I need my phone.

I find it odd that I really enjoy my iPad but can't stand using an iPhone. Very odd.
    I actually don’t like my iPhone 8
    Plus that much honestly. I’ll end up not using it here pretty soon.
    glwerry and Digital_Islandboy like this.
    10-29-19 11:52 AM
    I still use my bb10 classic as my primary phone. It is for me an essential enhanced phone with all I need. Like bbm for family email web for most of web site and as my music player with all my librairy (80 go on my external sd card 200 go)

My wife use a classic and my son a q10

I use some android app that don't need google play service with the store yalpstore and f droid store.

Use Telegram from f droid because it work simultaneously on android bb10 and windows linux so when we send a message all receive

Use to fennec browser from f droid for some site don't work in bb10.

Also use whatapps android version.

I buy a key 2 for testing. It's a good phone but prefer my classic because more easy to use with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    Nice! Glad to see y’all still enjoy blackberry 10 software and use it even in 2019 going into the 2020 year. I’ll probably end up using the passport later on next year.
    lolo9269 likes this.
    10-29-19 11:54 AM
    Husband and wife Z10 users here, and our kid had a Q5.

We are using them stock, so we won't lose anything when BlackBerry World goes dark.

Just so long as the BBID servers work, we'll keep these until the bands Are not o longer supported. We there devices for occasional app use when needed.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.

Z10! I actually thought about buying one back in high school but had a torch 9810 I loved it, i just stopped using it because I got sucked into the social media craze back then.
    10-29-19 11:58 AM
111 123 ...