Now that you have been using the Classic for some time, could you see an advantage in having the tool belt or the buttons or even just the trackpad on the bottom of an all touch BlackBerry ? A new 9860 .
    01-17-15 11:14 AM
    honestly I've had the Q5 the Z10 and Z30 and quite a few others from blackberry, the classic and the passport are 2 whole new devices set on pleasing even the full touch people. It's nice to have best of both worlds if you don't mind sacrificing screen realestate state, form function and friendly. Such a beautiful device you never want to go back to full touch screen, solid and I mean solid phones amazing construction make it feel like you have real value in your hands. My suggestion buy one see for yourself, if you regret the purchase bring it back in 14 days what have you to lose, one more make sure to unlock your carrier if you decide to keep it.
    Now that you have been using the Classic for some time, could you see an advantage in having the tool belt or the buttons or even just the trackpad on the bottom of an all touch BlackBerry ? A new 9860 .
    01-17-15 11:38 AM
    Bad post
    01-17-15 11:58 AM
    Why?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 12:10 PM
    I am just wondering how much the Toolbelt adds to the BB10 OS based on Classic users actual experiences. Would all Z models benefit from having some or all of the ToolBelt ? Not based on preferences or marketing or esthetics but actual use.
    01-17-15 12:43 PM
    I moved from the Z10 to the classic about three weeks ago. I made the move because of the size of the screen and the keyboard. I rarely use the trackpad, the menu and return keys. I am enjoying the experience mainly using gestures to navigate.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 12:57 PM
    When I first got my Z10 I wanted it to have a toolbelt. But after a day of using the gesture based OS I didn't think about the toolbelt anymore. Then, with 10.2.1 the text selection was much improved which made the trackpad even less needed.

That being said, I love the toolbelt on my Classic. It just feels right on a keyboard device. Because OS10 is great the toolbelt really isn't necessary, but it just brings back the feel and use of the 9900. And there is a good feeling when actually pressing down on a button to make or end a call or to move around in the OS.

The toolbelt also minimizes your thumb movements since you just need to move your thumb a few millimeters to reach anything on the screen. It could also be because I grew up with physical button phones (flip phones, candy bar, BlackBerry), and I am accustomed to pressing those buttons.

In short, toolbelt is not necessary on a BBOS10 device, but it is very helpful. It all comes down to preference.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-17-15 01:08 PM