Got a Classic on Saturday and my first impression was a big WOW! Build quality is very good and no issues with the backlit or space between toolbelt and screen. The SD and SIM trays are a bit off shape but not worth a second thought. I did the whole configuration and now the Classic is Set up exactly the same way as my Passport.

First impression on using it is that the performance is a bit behind the PP and that the I miss the space of the screen a bit. Typing on the Classic is indeed a bit slower that on the PP but not a big deal so far.

Will go through a full week of testing but my gut feeling is that for me the PP will remain THE phone.

FWIW

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:57 PM
    Just an update. I successfully sold off my second Classic, so now it's me and the Passport ftw!

Now my next dilemma coming up will be to decide whether I'm going to return this Passport to Amazon and buy the At&t model? If so, that would mean that I'd be without a Passport until At&t releases theirs? Not sure if I can handle using a Galaxy S5 or iphone until then?

Or I could just STFU and keep my SpongeBob Passport. LoL

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-18-15 07:22 PM
    I just decided to return the Passport for the Classic. Classic should be coming in tomorrow. The Passport is awesome and I will miss the keyboard scrolling and battery life but it's just too big. I need a phone that will fit in my cup holder.

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    01-19-15 01:28 PM
    Just an update. I successfully sold off my second Classic, so now it's me and the Passport ftw!

Now my next dilemma coming up will be to decide whether I'm going to return this Passport to Amazon and buy the At&t model? If so, that would mean that I'd be without a Passport until At&t releases theirs? Not sure if I can handle using a Galaxy S5 or iphone until then?

Or I could just STFU and keep my SpongeBob Passport. LoL

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    I thought I was bad! LOL.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-19-15 07:48 PM
    Got a Classic on Saturday and my first impression was a big WOW! Build quality is very good and no issues with the backlit or space between toolbelt and screen.

Posted via CB10
    You are lucky. You can see light through mine im several places, which is pretty annoying at night. Makes it feel put together cheaply!
    01-19-15 10:27 PM
    I love so much the form factor of classic
    Passport wasn't for me
    Ok beast of specs but it's huge, can't handle it
    Classic does its job perfectly and every time I hold it, it reminds me that I'm holding a blackberry , a classic blackberry

From My Sexy Classic...
    01-20-15 01:28 AM
    I switched because the passport was tooo big and the corners were annoying and not ergonomic to me. Couldn't be happier with the classic it's basically the BlackBerry 9000 on steroids

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 01:37 AM
    No way passport typing is faster than classic...no way...

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    01-20-15 03:28 AM
    Held my Passport in my hands after using the Classic for about a week and felt the keyboard with my fingers for a minute and went "WOW" again. I miss that device! My friend is trying it out atm, can't wait to get it back and use that Square Monstrosity again!

Posted via my 'Classy' Classic
    01-21-15 12:53 PM
    No way passport typing is faster than classic...no way...

Posted via CB10
    Yes way dude, yesss way!

Posted via my 'Classy' Classic
    01-21-15 12:54 PM
    I used the Classic for about a month, and I was very much attached to it 24/7. In the end I chose the Passport and sold the Classic. I want to learn the Passport.
    01-24-15 11:20 PM
    I used the Classic for about a month, and I was very much attached to it 24/7. In the end I chose the Passport and sold the Classic. I want to learn the Passport.
    If you were to give 3 main reasons for this what would they be?
    01-25-15 01:06 AM
    If you were to give 3 main reasons for this what would they be?

1) screen size & pixel density

2) cpu, gpu, ram

3) capacitive keyboard & virtual keys

I will not say the Passport is better than Classic, because I do not think it is. The Passport is just a different type of device. I reduced my inventory of devices so I could concentrate on the Passport.

I'm heading toward ARM type devices because their light and have good battery life. If I need power then I can remote in to my laptop or carry it with me. I'm going to watch for a decent Chromebook this year, in the mean time I have a Nvidia Shield LTE & Passport. I want to start using Blend a lot more which will let me "centralize" my computing.
    Last edited by tagumcity; 01-25-15 at 11:35 PM.
    01-25-15 10:37 AM
    I did the jump. I miss 3 things: size of the screen, capability of the battery, and the swiping keyboard

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:38 PM
    As soon as the Classic is locally available here, I'll be making it my main phone and my current Passport will be the secondary/backup phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 07:17 PM
    I purchased the Passport when it was first released. Fell in love with it, but also thought that it was a 'bit' too big. I wanted to be able to use it single-handed. I also found that the virtual keys above the three rows of keys physical keys were somewhat annoying, and I would find myself inadvertently hitting them.

When the Classic came out I had to see it, and tried it out a few times. Finally, I picked one up and LOVE it! It's pretty much perfect for my needs. I love the keyboard, love the size and love the build. The phone is pretty much perfect for my needs! Way to go Blackberry!
    01-25-15 07:40 PM
    The classic specs are weak but ppl need to realize most ppl don't care, most ppl don't need super high specs.. the only passport I'll consider is the curved one.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:49 PM
    I passed on the Passport because the keyboard layout looks off and not familiar to use like the Classic. I accept the SOC on the Classic isn't built for certain apps but for texting email and productivity I don't notice any issues. Besides I much rather use my Note 4 to take pictures watch youtube etc. But I'll text on my Classic. Now if I could only have one device, the Classic would have to go because it wouldn't satisfy all my needs

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    01-25-15 11:18 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Sticking with the passport... but wishing Classic II would be a top end premium phone with Passport like specs and quality..

Then you have best form factor, tool belt and high end finishes and top end specs... a flagship version of Classic I.

Posted via CB10
    Hulk123 likes this.
    01-26-15 02:50 AM
    I just decided to return the Passport for the Classic. ... I need a phone that will fit in my cup holder.
    http://proclipusa.com

8320 -> 9650 -> 9930 / Playbook -> Q10
    01-26-15 05:20 AM
    I have just switched back to the Passport. There is really no comparison. The Classic is a passenger... the Passport does everything.

Posted via CB10
    dmateo likes this.
    01-26-15 12:46 PM
    Doesn't do the whole "4th row keyboard" thing tho lol jk
    slagman5 likes this.
    01-31-15 08:07 PM
97 ... 234