Passport was too big and the keyboard was awkward. Ordered a Passport, became comfortable and the P button feel off. Sending back to Amazon to order again.
    01-14-15 07:46 AM
    Don't be so defensive mate. Like you say everyone has priorities but it doesn't change the fact the classic has build issues. Might not bother you, but for me to pay a large amount of money on a device, the build quality needs to impress me. Passport does, classic doesn't. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    Who's being defensive? *raises eyebrow* I don't even recommend this phone for everyone, I was merely stating my opinion on how I don't care about those particular things. There are things I don't like about the phone/OS and I've expressed them elsewhere. But since that wasn't the topic, no reason to bring them up. What, do I need to agree to not be "defensive?" I'm confused, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-14-15 12:48 PM
    I'm currently running the Passport and I basically like it a lot. The size is definitely a drawback for me oftentimes though.
    I'm moving to the US later this year and I'm thinking about getting a Classic with Verizon at that point.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:55 PM
    [QUOTE=artlu629;11257226]

Can you tell provide a link? Thank you.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23032113221600616

01-14-15 01:10 PM
    "http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23032113221600616"

Thank you, Slag. It's working so much faster.

01-14-15 02:46 PM
    "http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23032113221600616"

Thank you, Slag. It's working so much faster.

Make sure to restart the phone. I've found that if I install it without restarting it, when I try to use the navigation it'll freeze up.

01-14-15 03:56 PM
    [QUOTE=slagman5;11259523]Make sure to restart the phone. I've found that if I install it without restarting it, when I try to use the navigation it'll freeze up.

I haven't restart my phone since the download. I tried it on the way back home and worked perfectly.

01-15-15 01:34 AM
    [QUOTE=artlu629;11260955]
    Make sure to restart the phone. I've found that if I install it without restarting it, when I try to use the navigation it'll freeze up.

I haven't restart my phone since the download. I tried it on the way back home and worked perfectly.

Oh ok, the first time I loaded that, it would freeze up everytime I tried the navigation. But after I restarted it worked ok. Maybe it was something with my phone at that time.

01-15-15 08:51 AM
    One more here coming from passport...
    Today arrived my new classic and it couldn't be better for me...I just love this amazing device and mixing toolbelt and touchscreen is a fantastic experience.
    I put today my passport on sale...
    Welcome home BlackBerry classic!!

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 and law_ren22 like this.
    01-15-15 12:58 PM
    I keep switching between both. Thought I was going to sell my Passport but I'm having second thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in a similar "predicament" lol

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 12:13 AM
    Loving my Passport, works perfect for me, but just ordered a Classic for the wife...she hated all the swipe gestures needed on the Passport, and the dedicated phone buttons/toolbelt and size fit her better..size/shape is really the only reason not to love the Passport, but it works for me!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 10:35 AM
    I got my Passport in late October and received my Classic exactly a week ago.
    The first hour was kind of awkward: The Passport had that large, specious keyboard which prevented my thumbs from hitting two keys at once. On the Classic I had to re-adjust, which wasn't too difficult. Also the big screen was really convenient and showed simply much more content compared to the 3.5" display.

However after a few hours reaching to the evening I was sure: Buying the Classic was the right choice. It is, for my needs, the best device I've ever owned and the first phone I'd think about calling (nearly) "perfect".
    The keyboard feels great, keys are slightly larger than those of the Q10 and the new tactile feedback is great.
    The screen is about the best combination of size and usability. Thanks to the LCD technology, it is both brighter on the max and dimmer on the low side compared to the Q10s AMOLED screen.

The build quality, size and weight of the whole device is pretty much the best for me. Not too large to limit any one-handed use. Talking about it: Toolbelt and especially trackpad really helps using the device with only one hand while on the go. Yet besides that, I have to admit I barely use these buttons and prefer using the Classic just like the Passport and Q10: Gesture based.
    The trackpad helps for text selection and also in the browser, where you can control your cursor.

So in short: After just half a day of use, I haven't looked back to the Passport. Sometimes I do miss the larger screen, but after all I simply enjoy the Classic much much more.

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    01-17-15 10:40 AM
    [QUOTE=slagman5;11255039]

I've loaded up an older version of Google Maps, version 7.0, and it runs pretty smoothly.

Yes, unless you live in the GTA (Toronto) having Google maps is rather essential.

I seem to recall that you had a Q10 before ? How do you like using the toolbelt vs the Q10 ?
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-17-15 at 11:36 AM.
    01-17-15 11:19 AM
    I switched... I figured I'd like the classic only due to it having the tool belt and track pad but with the Passport i liked it first but I knew I'd never use it to its full capacity... just not liking the smaller tool belt and track pad they should have left it like the 9900 which was my favorite device at the time, I've now switched back to my Z30 .

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:09 PM
    Wow thanks for all the posts!
    I've been battling inside but reading all the opinions I think I've settled my brain down and will stick with the PP. As a long time ios user I think BlackBerry needs to really hurry out a phone to bridge the gap between the classic and the pp. It's a bit ridiculous really, you can either pick a huge square phone with a 3 row keyboard and a crappy camera, or a tiny screened phone with the tool belt, an even worse camera, and poor specs (just how most others view it, I personally love it but haven't met a single person in real life who agrees with my love for the pp haha)
    The feel of the 9900, the keyboard, a classic sized screen with pp specs, a better camera, as the pp camera is still, well, **** .
    The potential is there for a great phone that noone can deny and we wouldn't need this thread!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:12 AM
    I recently unsealed my second Classic (sold the first already), set it all up, and tried to love the Classic again. I used the Classic for a full day (Friday) and was content.

It still felt like I wasn't complete? I needed the Passport back in my life! So I swapped the sim back into the Passport and here I am. Happy.

The Classic is a great phone, just not for me. I read forums a lot, text, and email...so the Passport and I are a match made in heaven.

My dilemma now is figuring out if I'm going to keep this Passport or sell it and wait for the At&t Passport with the rounded corners, which I love!

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-18-15 02:39 AM
    Received my Classic on Thursday, after using the Passport since early October.

It was like meeting an old friend after years. It was good to finally see a toolbelt with that familiar Bold 9900 keyboard that I loved just two years ago. But at the same time, it was like I had moved on from our common interests and found a better friend; my Passport.

Anyway, I set the phone up and used it the next day like I always do. Play some music, have some chats, browse some websites and at 7PM I was standing with a charger in my hand. Yes, I know that the OS needs to settle and I have to wait a few days until I get full battery life. But it was a big anticlimax as I am so used to the Passport's battery life.

Anyway, first impressions;

The Passport keyboard has larger keys and the transition back to the Classic's keyboard will take a day or two, but at the moment I'm back to flying on the keyboard like I was on the 9900. I must say that the Classic's keys are pretty loud, but that's no issue for me personally.

The Passport is a huge device, but has a huge screen as well. It's weird to go back to a smaller screen. And yes, this is pretty small. Everything looks cramped and I miss the extra information on my screen. And somehow BB10 looks 'cleaner' on the Passport as well. For example, the icons on lockscreen notifications are really out there and scream for attentions on the Classic, while on the Passport they're just sitting there making sense.

And this is where they Classic can't be beaten. Hello call buttons. I received quite a few calls throughout the day and it was a joy to start and end the call without even having to look at my phone. The menu key, trackpad and back key add that added efficiency to some activities, especially text editing. But I didn't find myself scrolling through the hub with the trackpad or opening an app or anything else by pressing on it.

My biggest concern at this moment is the battery life of the Classic vs the Passport that easily for me through the day. I don't wanna be limited in my activities on my BlackBerry because it may run out of juice quicker. I'm a heavy user and pretty much have my phone in my hand for the better part of the day. This can vary during work, but even on full desk days, I find myself communicating with everyone through my phone.

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    01-18-15 02:41 AM
    I recently unsealed my second Classic (sold the first already), set it all up, and tried to love the Classic again. I used the Classic for a full day (Friday) and was content.

It still felt like I wasn't complete? I needed the Passport back in my life! So I swapped the sim back into the Passport and here I am. Happy.

The Classic is a great phone, just not for me. I read forums a lot, text, and email...so the Passport and I are a match made in heaven.

My dilemma now is figuring out if I'm going to keep this Passport or sell it and wait for the At&t Passport with the rounded corners, which I love!

Hey Lefty I thought about your posts a lot while using this phone and thinking about the Passport. How was your Classic's battery life?

01-18-15 02:46 AM
    Verizon makes the choice between Passport and Classic very easy. It's the Z30!

Posted via Z30 running 10.3.1.821
    DeliFresser likes this.
    01-18-15 02:53 AM
    Went from 9900 to Passport a few months ago and I honestly think the passport is the best device I've ever owned (keyboard is amazing and spec/build), though really miss the trackpad, end/answer buttons and one handed use. My dream phone would be a smaller passport with the toolbelt!
    01-18-15 04:17 AM
    Returned to BlackBerry after 3 years on iPhones as soon as classic was launched. Amazing device and I'm a BlackBerry convert once again. Loved the classic so much that has to see if the Passport was even better.... so I've been with pp for almost a week now. Amazing screen and processor but I'm still not quick on the keyboard. I'll give it another week before deciding which I'll keep.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-18-15 04:28 AM
    Hey Lefty I thought about your posts a lot while using this phone and thinking about the Passport. How was your Classic's battery life?

The Classics battery life was good imo. If you just need the battery to last you a day, then the Classic will do that assuming you charge your device every night. With a full day day of use, my Classic would be around 30% at the end of the night, which is around 11pm for me.

The Passport on the other hand is a straight beast. I always get at least 2 full days of charge. I don't even think of charging the battery until the 2nd night. I'm a battery guy and turn on/off things to maximize battery life. Just awesome....

01-18-15 10:21 AM
    Returned to BlackBerry after 3 years on iPhones as soon as classic was launched. Amazing device and I'm a BlackBerry convert once again. Loved the classic so much that has to see if the Passport was even better.... so I've been with pp for almost a week now. Amazing screen and processor but I'm still not quick on the keyboard. I'll give it another week before deciding which I'll keep.

Posted via CB10
    Funny David, I did the same thing.

I preordered the Classic and while waiting, I decided to order a Passport from Amazon because of all the reviews I was reading on here. The rest is history.....

I wanted the Classic for the trackpad, one handed use, and keyboard. I thought I wanted a smaller phone since I was coming from a Galaxy S5? I was wrong, what I really wanted was a Passport! Best phone I have ever used.

I try every now and then to use a different device to see if the Passport is true love.....and it is true love! I always find myself wishing I had the Passport in my hand when the using other phones!

01-18-15 10:25 AM
    The Classics battery life was good imo. If you just need the battery to last you a day, then the Classic will do that assuming you charge your device every night. With a full day day of use, my Classic would be around 30% at the end of the night, which is around 11pm for me.

The Passport on the other hand is a straight beast. I always get at least 2 full days of charge. I don't even think of charging the battery until the 2nd night. I'm a battery guy and turn on/off things to maximize battery life. Just awesome....

Do you consider yourself a power user? Can you post a screenshot of your battery monitor? I averaged about 20 hours on my Passport and I do use my phone pretty much. So I don't think the Classic will get me through the day. I do pretty much everything on my phone. Browse, take notes, communicate via various channels, listen music, watch videos etc.

Posted via my 'Classy' Classic
    01-18-15 01:01 PM
    Anyone switch from the passport to classic?-img_20150118_122629.png

Yes, I consider myself a power user. I was showing off the phone last night with some friends and they were amazed. One had a iphone 5s and another a Galaxy S3 and had to keep plugging in lol.

Right now I'm sitting at 27% and this will get me thru the day and until I go to bed.

01-18-15 02:28 PM
97 1234