I'm new to BlackBerry and have been on the passport just under a month. I did have the 9900 a couple years ago for a couple weeks, I was curious and switched from the note 2 to the 9900 and couldn't deal with the dated software BUT I loved the toolbelt and trackpad especially and the overall size felt great.
    Wondering if any of you went from the passport to the classic and if so...Wadaya think??

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 07:49 PM
    Had the passport for about a month. Gave it an honest run. But the size was just too awkward for me. Bought the classic and haven't looked back. Specs are better on the passport but the ease of use out weighs that in my opinion.
    01-12-15 08:05 PM
    I came from passport and used it for about 3weeks. I sold it and got this classic. I also had difficulty in using it abit since it always would require 2 hands while as this classic was alot comfortable to use. I do however miss the great battery life of the pp but other than that, this classic is a better device for me.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    01-12-15 08:15 PM
    what they both said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    01-12-15 08:18 PM
    I just did and and too soon to say how much I love it, but the classic BlackBerry experience is definitely there. I wouldn't say I'm more productive as and find the keyboard very cramped in comparison. I am also observing light bleed around the keys in the dark, but not a deal breaker. Another negative is the light bleed around the screen and seems the backlight is not even. So far I am not sure...

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:29 PM
    Oh yeah here me second time and loving it!

Via BlackBerry Classic 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    01-12-15 08:34 PM
    I think the two things that'll keep me on the passport are the battery as its friggen amazing and the fact that the classics camera is lower spec'd and the passports camera is already crappy

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:39 PM
    Any of you run Google maps on both Passport and Classic can tell me if the latest version of google maps ran well on Passport? It's pretty laggy on the Classic (loaded version 7.0 which runs MUCH better) and was wondering if it was different for the Passport or not. Thanks. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-12-15 09:06 PM
    Any of you run Google maps on both Passport and Classic can tell me if the latest version of google maps ran well on Passport? It's pretty laggy on the Classic (loaded version 7.0 which runs MUCH better) and was wondering if it was different for the Passport or not. Thanks. :-)

I run it on the passport very often and it's pretty smooth.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:17 PM
    I run it on the passport very often and it's pretty smooth.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, it's kind of laggy on the Classic. I was just wondering if the specs do make any difference with all of the "specs doesn't matter" people on these forums...

01-12-15 09:47 PM
    Im leaning toward the classic for many of the reasons already mentioned. Coming from the iPhone 5s as my daily driver its cool to know that no matter what i choose between the Classic/ Passport either way its going to be a upgrade spec wise.
    01-12-15 09:48 PM
    not too sure if i have to take a jump on the classic as well.. as with Passport, this has really taken me up through the roof.. never had a problem like this before with my previous BB10 though.. so frustrated here..
    01-12-15 09:56 PM
    I'm in the process of doing the exact opposite. I had the passport and switched to the classic, but now I am switching back to the passport. I have small hands and prefer the classic because for them. But my previous devices (Q10, Z10, Z30) basically had the same specs as the classic and I've learned 10.3.1 runs fantastic on the passport and pretty good on the classic.

It would be fantastic if BlackBerry made a classic sized device with passport specs and the capacitive keyboard.
    srfinva and Bfalcon1 like this.
    01-12-15 10:00 PM
    My transition from passport to classic took about 10 seconds and I haven't looked back. Software can be updated. Form factor cannot. My phone is for calls and email.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A and nycspaces. like this.
    01-12-15 11:33 PM
    I'm surprised that so many of you prefer the Classic to the Passport. I was thinking of switching from the Z30 (I absolutely love it) to the Passport. My brother is getting the Classic and I am waiting to see what he thinks of it. But I thought the Passport was going to be a no brainer...
    01-13-15 12:41 AM
    [QUOTE=slagman5;11253959]Ok, it's kind of laggy on the Classic. I was just wondering if the specs do make any difference with all of the "specs doesn't matter" people on these forums...

The BlackBerry Maps works fine but it's no Google Maps. I hate arriving at a destination and it doesn't tell you if it's on the right or left. With Google maps you can choose mode of transportation (car, transit, walking) and it shows you which bus # to take, it shows nearby business. So, yeah, it's just so much better.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-13-15 01:13 AM
    I'm surprised that so many of you prefer the Classic to the Passport. I was thinking of switching from the Z30 (I absolutely love it) to the Passport. My brother is getting the Classic and I am waiting to see what he thinks of it. But I thought the Passport was going to be a no brainer...
    I chose the Classic over the Passport mainly because of the design. The classic has a nicer size and keyboard. I'll kill for a Classic with Passport specs.

01-13-15 01:14 AM
    I'm in the process of trying to decide if I will choose either the Classic or the Passport and return the other. I love both devices for what they are and don't want to give up either. But I also don't want to relegate one to the status of a paperweight. We'll see what happens by Jan 1.

As others have expressed here, a Classic with Passport specs would be heavenly.

Posted via CB10
    anon4225877 likes this.
    01-13-15 01:42 AM
    guys, Classic is basically Z10 with different screen, battery and physical keyboard.
    it has exactly same specs: same chipset, same cpu, same gpu, same internal memory, ram, camera.

Z10 was released TWO years ago.

IMHO classic is too expensive for the specs. of course, there's not much to chose from, but in this case, when Passport's price is not that far more than classic (130 USD difference) i would go for passport hands down.

performance (including android), screen size and battery is way out of another planet when compare
    eji930 likes this.
    01-13-15 08:40 AM
    IMHO classic is too expensive for the specs. of course, there's not much to chose from, but in this case, when Passport's price is not that far more than classic (130 USD difference) i would go for passport hands down.
    I would still get the Classic, even if it were more expensive than the passport. Passport just does not have the right size/keyboard for me. So, it doesn't matter what specs it has.
    01-13-15 09:10 AM
    +1^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    01-13-15 09:25 AM
    [QUOTE=artlu629;11254242]
    Ok, it's kind of laggy on the Classic. I was just wondering if the specs do make any difference with all of the "specs doesn't matter" people on these forums...

The BlackBerry Maps works fine but it's no Google Maps. I hate arriving at a destination and it doesn't tell you if it's on the right or left. With Google maps you can choose mode of transportation (car, transit, walking) and it shows you which bus # to take, it shows nearby business. So, yeah, it's just so much better.

I've loaded up an older version of Google Maps, version 7.0, and it runs pretty smoothly.

01-13-15 09:43 AM
    Used passport for three weeks, went back to Q10 until classic came out.
    Running the Classic since launch and love it.

Posted via CB10
    _tC likes this.
    01-13-15 12:06 PM
    I switched to the Classic on Sunday, and I can't really say I prefer the Classic. Like others have said the form factor is much nicer as far as a 1 hand wielding device, but I've grown so accustom to the Passports keyboard that I am much slower on the Classic. I know it's still early to tell, but really only the trackpad on the classic is what has been drawing me to it, that and the rest of the toolbelt, which I've missed.

I really want to keep the toolbelt but would prefer the Passport over the Classic any day if they brought the selective scrolling, and maybe some other similarities to the Passports touch keyboard.

I prefer the larger square of the Passport over the smaller curved Classic, for power use. But the ergonomic form fact of the Classic is ideal for emails, calls, and bbm, while you catch your cab and have your other hand busy with whatever. Passport you need to have both hamds to be effective, except the odd quick text or bbm.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:51 PM
    Bought the passport only until the classic came out. Ordered the classic day one in the UK. Used it for a few days while I was trying to sell my passport. Made the mistake two days ago of bringing the passport out for one more look. Have now changed my mind and am keeping the passport. Reasons:

Bigger, higher res screen
    Better build quality
    Better battery life

I've adjusted to the size and keyboard, and I'm actually sure I type faster on the passport now over the classic.

Reasons for returning classic:

Light bleed around keys and a bit bottom of screen
    I don't like the dimpled back, looks cheap
    Couple of my keys had paint already coming off
    Lower spec

I will miss the track pad and one handed use, but passport also has the cool factor that the classic doesn't.

That's my opinion anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Adam Rees; 01-13-15 at 03:00 PM.
    Joey Vajda and rawkerboi 07 like this.
    01-13-15 02:33 PM
97 123 ...