I dont think youre holding it right! it's hard to explain how I support the back with 3 fingers and catch the bottom with my pinky finger(s)..but my thumbs fall in just the right place!

Posted via CBX
    03-07-15 07:23 PM
    Hmmm. I looked at the classic in a Telstra store and nearly bought one. But after sleeping on it I prefer the bigger keyboard and screen on the Passport which I am now quite used to.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:54 PM
    I didnt exactly trade my passport for classic but I chose classic over passport since passport was just too big and heavy for me, and keyboard part.. I can't say I don't like trackpad keyboard of passport, I do, but I find classic's keyboard more comfy. When you try both, you'll feel the difference of speed btwn two devices since passport obviously has better specs, but if you use phone for work or simple routines, it's not really that big of a deal. It's bit slower but not laggy at all and more importantly you can finally hold it in one hand while talking/ texting lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:12 PM
    you make an excellent point and I do miss my q10 keyboard!

I have pretty big thumbs, however, and I like the weight of the passport, strangely enough. however, the keyboard layout isnt as good and I don't like having all the function/shift/symbols on a virtual pop-up..

Posted via CBX
    03-07-15 08:33 PM
    If that's the case you'll love classic's keyboard and toolbelt. I have q10 also but keyboard on classic feels even better than q10 keyboard, and screen too. It's a nice upgrade from my experience. If you liked q10 you'll love classic!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:25 PM
    I had a passport and I prefer the classic. It's more easy to type. It reminds me my old bold 9900. I also find it more efficient than the bold.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    03-08-15 07:19 AM
    I'm curious as to how long everyone has had their PP? I've had mine for a couple of months and I can type really fast on it without issue. Is everyone giving themselves enough time to acclimate?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:26 AM
    Curious, how long have you had the Passport for? It took me about 2 weeks of straight usage to start flying on the keyboard. I can definitely type faster on it than my Classic now.

Posted via CB10
    I second this. It took me a few weeks before I was flying around the keyboard without any issue. I believe I type faster on the Passport than any previous BlackBerry Smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:29 AM
    I second this. It took me a few weeks before I was flying around the keyboard without any issue. I believe I type faster on the Passport than any previous BlackBerry Smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm sayin.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:32 AM
    LOL, I am glad I am not the only one that has both, I bought my Passport a month ago and the Classic on Friday only becuase my PP is back at Blackberry getting fixed, it was stuck on re-boot for days, the only other problem I had with the Passport is the keyboard feels out of balance in my hand, I have normal hands, but with the keys very low to the bottom of the device I really struggled with type. I will be keeping my PP I think as a backup and using the Classic as my daily :-)
    It seems a lot of people say the same thing.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    03-08-15 08:34 AM
    i've had it nearly 3 months and I can't type like I could on a q10 or bold.

Posted via CBX
    03-08-15 08:59 AM
    i've had it nearly 3 months and I can't type like I could on a q10 or bold.

Posted via CBX
    Sorry to hear that. As someone mentioned earlier I too think I can type faster on the PP than any other BlackBerry I've had in the past. The keys are soo much bigger. Some people complain about the spread of the keys but honestly I don't see the issue when you are typing with 2 hands. Will you be keeping it or switching to the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:13 AM
    keeping it for sure.

Posted via CBX
    03-08-15 12:02 PM
    I have owned a few Passports and they are very nice devices. The Classic is my preferred device.
    03-08-15 01:49 PM
    I had one guy give me a new Classic and a Q10 for my Passport. I did try to sell the Passport but got too many low ball offers, this was the best offer I couldn't refuse.
    I did have the Classic at launch date but sold it two days later,just wasn't for me, I'll end up keeping this one as a collectors item.

On my reliable Z30 leaked 10.3.1.1581
    03-08-15 02:23 PM
65 123