Hi All,

I'm seriously thinking about trading the PassPort for the Classic, and would like to know some experiences from users here.

Apart from the bigger screen, better batterylife, touch sensitive keys and better speakers I think the Classic is better to get things done, due to the toolbelt and trackpad.

Blackberry hasn't fully utilized the touch sensitive keyboard in my opinion to get the better hand over the Classic.
    I can't navigate the through the app screen and close apps without swiping and pressing the close button on the passport, whil the Classic can use the end key and trackpad to navigate.
    Also selecting multiple items in the hub is better with the Classic then on the PassPort.

Can someone share their experiences be it positive/negative to (not) choose the Classic over the Passport?

Tnx
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    02-20-15 08:56 AM
    I sold my passport and got now my flawless classic.
    It's just all that I need.
    G.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr, bigjman and eji930 like this.
    02-20-15 08:58 AM
    I have classic and wanted to try passport, do you want to trade?
    I'm in NY using T-mobile.

Or anyone else in NY, NJ has passport and wants to trade or sell?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:41 AM
    I'm in NYC and would sell my passport. I find the classic much better suited for my needs. I also have a tan Stilgut case and Seido she'll holster combo for it as well

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:23 PM
    Email me please at [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:57 PM
    I got the Classic today, and I've had the Passport since October. I think they're both great devices - I do agree that the capacitive keyboard is not fully developed. I'm considering selling my Passport, and keeping just the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:02 PM
    I sold my passport for classic. Classic is so much good at productivity than passport and I am too fast at getting things done

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    02-20-15 09:09 PM
    I'm thinking about it.
    02-20-15 10:01 PM
    I'm in Vancouver. Just got a classic 2 days ago. I want a passport. Any local takers?

Typed By My Classic
    02-20-15 11:22 PM
    hey guys, I've got the pp but of course peering in the direction of the classic.... What do you guys think about text selection in the classic? Is it like the Bold where you can press on the shift key and use the trackpad? That single feature is why I hung on to so many Bolds... thx.

...Ten BlackBerrys and counting....
    02-20-15 11:33 PM
    Sold my Passport after two and a half months. Pretty happy with the Classic. The whole package suits my needs better and I don't require the whole horsepower the Passport delivers.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:34 PM
    If you must know.... got rid of my black passport. Tried the red passport too flashy... ordered a classic and I think it'll be perfect for me. I have a note edge and quite frankly I HATE IT! I can't even type properly on this thing. I ordered a classic on amazon today and pray it'll be the perfect device for me

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    awindsr likes this.
    02-21-15 12:47 AM
    hey guys, I've got the pp but of course peering in the direction of the classic.... What do you guys think about text selection in the classic? Is it like the Bold where you can press on the shift key and use the trackpad? That single feature is why I hung on to so many Bolds... thx.

It works just like this, yes. Just hold shift and use the trackpad and you can select text on the fly. Really handy on the webbrowser for example.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:07 AM
    It works just like this, yes. Just hold shift and use the trackpad and you can select text on the fly. Really handy on the webbrowser for example.

Posted via CB10
    Thx!!! Extremely tempted now!!!!

02-21-15 02:20 AM
    Ι also sold the beast passport for the amazing classic
    I don't need so horse power
    I'm so happy with the classic and really I believe this is the device for me
    The passport wasn't for me.....so big coudnt take control of it
    The classic keyboard is amazing
    The size of the device is perfect
    The battery is also great
    In my opinion the passport isn't so much faster than the classic, it's just a little but I don't bother
    The screen is so clear even with so few ppi (only 295)
    I love the classic and in my opinion it's the best device made from blackberry

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:35 AM
    I sold my passport, and i am the very happy with my desicion. The passport is really a powerdevice but the form is not easy to carry around or to use with one hand.
    The classic is just the perfect form and size i Love it and i am never going back!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:24 AM
    Thanks for the replies.
    I'm from The Netherlands, so people please stop posting if I wanna sell my PP and keep the thread on topic. PM me instead if interested, will only ship locally.

Any people regretting the switch from PP to classic?
    02-21-15 07:56 AM
    I like both phones. I'm using the Classic as my daily driver because of the size. I like using the phone one-handed, and making calls is also easier on the Classic. The Passport is very snappy and has a great screen. A Classic with Passport specs would be awesome.

Every now and then I think about switching back to the Passport, but I just can't let the Classic go. I'll turn on my Passport and play with it for a bit. But then I'll pick up my Classic and feel how well it fits in my hand. I turn off the Passport and keep using the Classic. If everyday I had to view a lot of documents on my phone I would surely be using the Passport, but the emails and texts and calls I usually use my phone for can be handled well by my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    02-21-15 12:18 PM
    I like both phones. I'm using the Classic as my daily driver because of the size. I like using the phone one-handed, and making calls is also easier on the Classic. The Passport is very snappy and has a great screen. A Classic with Passport specs would be awesome.

Every now and then I think about switching back to the Passport, but I just can't let the Classic go. I'll turn on my Passport and play with it for a bit. But then I'll pick up my Classic and feel how well it fits in my hand. I turn off the Passport and keep using the Classic. If everyday I had to view a lot of documents on my phone I would surely be using the Passport, but the emails and texts and calls I usually use my phone for can be handled well by my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    you got that right...would be awesome...maybe Classic 2
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    02-21-15 01:07 PM
    I got an AT&T branded Classic last night, thinking I would use it as a backup to my Passport (which I do love). Yes, the Passport is faster, but the Classic does hold its own. It is slower, but not in a laggy, stuttering kind of way. It does run very smoothly.

I'm using the Classic for the weekend to familiarize myself with it, and I gotta admit, it's growing on me very quickly. The keyboard is great, and I'm already typing at a decent pace.

What's most surprising, though, is how much I appreciate the size of the device. Again, I do love my Passport, but being able to comfortably hold and type on a device with one hand is a joy, and when I look at my Passport, I think of its size as...cumbersome.

I wasn't planning on getting insurance for my Classic, but if things keep going the way they're going, I may have to.
    02-21-15 01:31 PM
    eventually Classic will be more popular than the Passport
    02-21-15 01:35 PM
    I own the PP and purchases the classic yesterday from att. It have to force myself to put the PP down to get familiar with the Classic...next week I will give it a go as a daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:43 PM
    Sold mine for a classic about 2 months ago. No regrets. Classic is more suitable for my lifestyle. Feels more natural in hand. Passport is a beast of a device tho. Hats off to both.
    02-21-15 04:12 PM
    I am looking to get a Classic. My most useful BBs have been a Torch (yes) and earlier Bold. With each successive Bold, the keyboards got tighter spaced. For anyone who has used a Bold and has a Classic, what's your impression regarding typing & shortcut capabilities compared to a Bold - or compared to a PP?

PS - got my 1st iPhone last June. The apps that I use for business and personal make it really useful. That said, I can't keep up with my communication - not even close. I'll catch myself putting it down and using my z10 when I need to look up a mail, send an attachment or just power through a number of mails.

Thanks for your help folks.
    awindsr and 7onZ like this.
    02-21-15 05:24 PM
    I sold my passport and went back to my Z30. Maybe i will give the classic a look at
    02-21-15 05:31 PM
65 123