Wow, version 6.8.1 is so much more user friendly than what I had before. Thanks!

Here's a link for anyone who's looking for it: http://code.google.com/p/android-pro...eMaps6.8.1.apk

You need to delete whatever version you currently have for this to install.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:13 PM
    Yes. I agree with that as 6.8.1 is the best I've used. It is fast, clean, simple and user friendly. I have it on all my device whether is be BlackBerry or android. I convinced many friends to use it and they still are on it. It is just missing Street view if that is important to you. I never cared for it, so 6.8.1 is great. To bad it isn't working on the Classic, as it will crash during navigation. Otherwise, I would be using it now, but I'm using 7.0. But at least it isn't as bulking as the latest off the play store. Oh, Slagman5, I've tested 7.0 for 4 different routes yesterday and today and has worked perfectly. I hope you are finding the same results. Cheers everyone.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:59 PM
    Yes. I agree with that as 6.8.1 is the best I've used. It is fast, clean, simple and user friendly. I have it on all my device whether is be BlackBerry or android. I convinced many friends to use it and they still are on it. It is just missing Street view if that is important to you. I never cared for it, so 6.8.1 is great. To bad it isn't working on the Classic, as it will crash during navigation. Otherwise, I would be using it now, but I'm using 7.0. But at least it isn't as bulking as the latest off the play store. Oh, Slagman5, I've tested 7.0 for 4 different routes yesterday and today and has worked perfectly. I hope you are finding the same results. Cheers everyone.

Posted via CB10
    Cool, but I haven't downloaded it yet. You said you got the apk from a previous device. Are you sure the link you found is reliable?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-30-14 05:16 PM
    Cool, but I haven't downloaded it yet. You said you got the apk from a previous device. Are you sure the link you found is reliable?

I wouldn't worry that someone creating malware would have coded something malicious that would be able to harm a blackberry running emulated android. I think BlackBerry put out some security app for Android installs if I remember right.

Anyone know of something like this?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 05:35 PM
    Well, just tried 7.0, and on the very first trial of the navigation, it froze just like 6.8.1 did... Tried it again, froze again. It seems like the newest version is the only that works... blah...
    12-30-14 11:25 PM
    Can someone with the classic access snap and try out Nokia Here maps. It won't work on my 10.2 z30, wondering if the classic and 10.3 changes that.
    Here not working on BlackBerry 10, no matter what OS version you're running on the device.

Well, just tried 7.0, and on the very first trial of the navigation, it froze just like 6.8.1 did... Tried it again, froze again. It seems like the newest version is the only that works... blah...
    6.x is good on Z10 with 10.2, including navigation. 7.x is working too, but I prefer the older look. In 8.x navigation has no sound.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:08 AM
    Here not working on BlackBerry 10, no matter what OS version you're running on the device.

6.x is good on Z10 with 10.2, including navigation. 7.x is working too, but I prefer the older look. In 8.x navigation has no sound.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I'll reload 7.0 again one day and restart the phone after installing to see if that somehow makes a difference...
    12-31-14 02:09 AM
    solution-----buy a real gps...Lol
    With GPS capabilities on practically every smartphone I thought those "real gps" are going the way of the 8 track tape players LOL
    12-31-14 03:14 AM
    Not again!! Sorry to hear that 7.0 isn't working Slagman5. Knowing my luck, now that you say it crashed, that mine will do the same. I have almost a 200 mile route today, so I test every single stop to stop to see if works. If it does, it is odd that yours is crashing and mine is not. I'll let you know by the end of the day. You know you probably jinx me now so 'Thanks' in advance; ha ha.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 06:37 AM
    Not again!! Sorry to hear that 7.0 isn't working Slagman5. Knowing my luck, now that you say it crashed, that mine will do the same. I have almost a 200 mile route today, so I test every single stop to stop to see if works. If it does, it is odd that yours is crashing and mine is not. I'll let you know by the end of the day. You know you probably jinx me now so 'Thanks' in advance; ha ha.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I've kind of noticed that for whatever reason, whenever I uninstall a version of google maps, and reinstall another one, they wouldn't run until I restart the phone, not sure why. This time when I installed 7.0, it loaded fine without a restart, but then froze during navigation. Perhaps if I restart it after installing it, it might run correctly, I'll give it a try one day too...
    12-31-14 09:33 AM
    That is what I'm thinking also. I know we shouldn't have to do this, but maybe un-install the app then do a hard rest, then install 7.0. Maybe this might get it to work right. If it does, then BlackBerry did a great job making this work like the real Classic ( re-boot after installing the app; the good Ole days; haha). I just did 2 stops and over 50 miles combined and it hasn't missed a beat. It makes me want to try my favorite 6.8.1 again. I think I might after this next client visit. I'll report back soon, but I think 7.0 has proved to be worthy.
    Oh, anyone else with the Classic using either 6.8.1 or 7.0 working flawlessly?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:55 AM
    OP, Google Maps works well on my Z10, but I use it only when no stand alone GPS device is available. Navigation + voice kills the battery in about 2.5h. It's good to have an emergency GPS in your pocket, but a true GPS unit is more convenient, calculates routes faster, is more accurate and shows more information like junctions, lanes, speed limits, etc. If you use a GPS on a daily basis, better go for a good Garmin unit.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 10:51 AM
    when i was travelling, blackberry maps doesnt work in japan
    01-01-15 04:57 AM
    Hey, well, loaded 7.0 again, restarted it first, and yes, it works, much faster and not laggy than the latest version. Anyone try the latest version on a Passport? If so, is it laggy on a Passport?

01-11-15 06:59 PM
    Hey, i am running Gmaps on my Classic, is it possible to use Google-services within the android-emulation that contains gmaps?
    Main reason: without being logged in to google, it won't let you store local maps on your phone, wich is kind of useful being on a 200mb/month data plan. If i hit "login" the little window would just disappear.

the app itself runs great,it even uses voice interface to inform about traffic ahead.
    01-14-16 10:56 AM
    Hello,
    Blackberry maps is that bad? Or are you just google friendly apps?
    Blackberry maps are so limited. Just accept
    10-26-16 12:32 AM
    OSMand+ does the job for me nowadays on the Priv. You can download the maps without signing in. It shows speedlimits as well. Rendering is not better or worse than google maps.
    11-01-16 10:02 AM
    Osmand is what i use on my Blackberry Classic. Does the job well.

Pinoy Whiteberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    11-02-16 12:51 AM
    I find that it works very good on both devices...
    11-25-16 08:08 AM
    I downloaded the latest Google Maps from Play Store and it works on my Classic out of box.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 12:54 AM
70 123